Thread: Terrible new from XP MEDICAL

WearingClouds

Exclamation Terrible new from XP MEDICAL

I was on xpmedical.com and saw that the Tena Sip Maxis are discontinued and they are finishing what's left of their stock. Compared to bambino where I usually go to as a second option for TSMs, XP med. is by far cheaper.

Heads up if you need to stock up on these beauties before they run out.

I know I will be

I have stocked up a bit, but, just how long can you keep disposable diapers, before they become unusable because the materials break down?

Tena Slip Maxi plastic backed works so well, why aren't they selling well enough to keep making them, at least for the US market?

With more and more baby boomers needing diapers that stay up with an active lifestyle.....I just don't get it.

I've got an open bag of Attends from the early nineties that the diapers are just fine in. I'd not worry about stocking up for the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Incon View Post
    I have stocked up a bit, but, just how long can you keep disposable diapers, before they become unusable because the materials break down?

Tena Slip Maxi plastic backed works so well, why aren't they selling well enough to keep making them, at least for the US market?

With more and more baby boomers needing diapers that stay up with an active lifestyle.....I just don't get it.
    It's partially because people with incontinence are most likely self conscious about having to wear diapers that they don't like plastic backed because of the noise they make. Essentially there are quite a few people who need diapers out there that think everyone can hear them. So despite the fact that plastic backing is less likely to have more leaks and generally be more durable cloth backing is becoming more common. I do not like cloth backed myself because I will tear through them more easily then one would think that not even premium cloth backing can hold up to the abuse. (I still like to play full contact sports and walk a good 5 miles a day on average which when you think about my 6'6" frame and all that activity I definitely need plastic backed because I will destroy the cloth backed kind).

Be advised I said people are self conscious about the noise plastic backed diapers make I never said they knew most people will not notice that. Also the other reason why cloth backed disposable diapers are becoming more common place is because they are in fact less likely to cause diaper rash.

I had just ordered a case just before Gary updated the site to reflect the discontinuation but I decided to shoot him an email to see what the plan was for replacing the plastic backed Tenas and he said that the plan is to go over to the cloth like version and also up to the higher Ultima absorbancy level.
    So I guess it's not terrible news but I'd prefer that everything still came in plastic backed, I'm still a bit irked about Abena going cloth backed except for the x-plus but it is what it is.