Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Layering diapers

Default Layering diapers

There has been much talk of stuffing diapers. Has anyone else layered up two premium diapers?

I'm off to bed with two Lille Supreme Maxis.

Will report back

DLE

I like to wear two Gerber cloth diapers from Walmart inside a Tena Ultra that I bought at a deep discount. They work great that way and do not leak very much. On top of that I put a cloth snap adult diaper from Rearz.ca and then just put plastic pants. I have some terry pants to wear over my plastic so it is very comfortable. That is a little too many layers for day time but it is excellent for nights.

Layering disposables never made any sense to me. Even if you cut slits in the bottom of the inner one it'll leak out the sides more often than not. Plus we already have diapers like the dry 24/7, XP level 4, and that new northshore care one that can go 10+ hours easy.

Quote Originally Posted by irnub View Post
    Layering disposables never made any sense to me. Even if you cut slits in the bottom of the inner one it'll leak out the sides more often than not. Plus we already have diapers like the dry 24/7, XP level 4, and that new northshore care one that can go 10+ hours easy.
    To me it is too messy because I am afraid the SAP will leak out.

I tried layering diapers before, but the experience wasn't satisfactory to me; so I never did it again.

Honestly, absorbency aside, when depends were all I had access to I would sometimes just wear one on top of the first one simply because I wanted it thicker.

I've layered premium diapers. Two bambinos. I've only done it twice. It makes me feel guilty since they're an expensive diaper and you're really never going to pee enough to make full use of both.

That said, it was incredibly thick to layer two bambinos on top of each other, and careful slit cutting in the first one made sure that both were being used and leaks were a virtual impossibility. Perhaps if I were feeling especially indulgent, I'd do it again. The fun parts are that it's as close as you'll get to a distinct waddle using disposables and the feeling between your legs is super thick and fluffy.

I can only afford the cheap Walgreens brand so wear two of then to get more of the baby feeling I like.
    Yes i split the inner one .

I split the inner one and it worked quite well. Now, I know that you will never produce enough to make good use of the diapers but a bit of warm water helped matters along. I had a distinct waddle and it did restrict my sleeping positions to foetal position but that was fine. That said, with both PU pants and PU bloomers on I did not leak and it felt very babyish which was what I was going for (not something I normally want but I'm experimenting at the moment - pushing a few boundaries).

The main reason for using the Lille's is that while they are a good quality diaper and hold a lot, they are very thin and discrete (I do not wear outside normally so that has no interest) and they are cloth backed and i prefer plastic so I felt that I could 'Waste' a couple to use up the stash.

Quite enjoyed the experience. May even repeat at some point.

DLE

I did once with two bambino teddies, one had defective tapes on one side, and probably wouldn't have worked by itself--so I wore it under another, functional teddy.

Truthfully the bulkiness (and yes, it was very, very thick) wasn't really my cup-o-tea. It restricted my movement so much that, short of wearing it to bed, you can't really do all that much.

Although, to be honest--I somehow manage to walk/waddle like an idiot even when wearing just one bambino. So it could just be me.