Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I dunno, please help!

Default I dunno, please help!

I don't know if this is the right place for this,

So, last night I decided to wear and I wet a little before going to sleep, and i wake a few hours later to be in the middle of a panic attack and I'm pretty sure that the attack made me wet while asleep when it started. I dunno if I should be worried about this or not ?, have I weakened a muscle perhaps ?, is it just my body finally knowing that going in a diaper is ok ?, have I started to become incontinent or a bed wetter ?

I wouldn't be too concerned. Based on personal experience, as well as what others have shared here, there does seem to be such a thing as "Diaper Training". This is just the idea that if you sleep in diapers enough and your brain learns that it is okay to relax and wet while sleeping then it will. I would try sleeping without a diaper tonight. I think it will be likely that you don't wet in your sleep. I don't think it's too hard for our brains to differentiate if we are wearing a diaper or not. I don't get to wear all that often anymore, but on the occasion that I do get to sleep diapered, I will usually wet in my sleep without knowing it. Waking up wet is one of my favorite parts of diapers. Fortunately, I never have problems with wetting then bed when not diapered. If you do start wetting the bed regularly while not diapered, then it is something you should probably bring up with your doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    I wouldn't be too concerned. Based on personal experience, as well as what others have shared here, there does seem to be such a thing as "Diaper Training". This is just the idea that if you sleep in diapers enough and your brain learns that it is okay to relax and wet while sleeping then it will. I would try sleeping without a diaper tonight. I think it will be likely that you don't wet in your sleep. I don't think it's too hard for our brains to differentiate if we are wearing a diaper or not. I don't get to wear all that often anymore, but on the occasion that I do get to sleep diapered, I will usually wet in my sleep without knowing it. Waking up wet is one of my favorite parts of diapers. Fortunately, I never have problems with wetting then bed when not diapered. If you do start wetting the bed regularly while not diapered, then it is something you should probably bring up with your doctor.
    Thanks Bean for the reply, yeah was thinking that it would be best not to wear tonight as much as I don't wanna do that because it seems I do get a better night sleep when I do wear but ah well, the quicker I get through diaper training the better, for got to mention as well that through out today when I needed to go I could feel my body having a small tough time holding it til I got to the toilet

Quote Originally Posted by babied View Post
    I don't know if this is the right place for this,

So, last night I decided to wear and I wet a little before going to sleep, and i wake a few hours later to be in the middle of a panic attack and I'm pretty sure that the attack made me wet while asleep when it started. I dunno if I should be worried about this or not ?, have I weakened a muscle perhaps ?, is it just my body finally knowing that going in a diaper is ok ?, have I started to become incontinent or a bed wetter ?
    Greetings, babied!

Worry has no 'should', and should it never...

Too soon, and too little to even hazard a guess... I would guess...

The panic-attack, would be my only concern to now... do you experience that often, or severely?

Worry only about what can be done, with what is known... and, if it is known what can be done, or what can be done is known... worry not! ...simply know, and do...

May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
    the foresight to know where you're going,
    and the insight to know when you've gone too far.
    You are amongst friends... when you're ready... we'll need a bit more to go on...

If you're seeing a professional about the anxiety-panic-attacks... that's a good place to start.... I wonder though... was your panic more to do with getting your bed wet?

In contemplation of your reprieve, I wish you well!
    -Marka

I don't always speak this way... sometimes it's much worse...

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    Greetings, babied!

Worry has no 'should', and should it never...

Too soon, and too little to even hazard a guess... I would guess...

The panic-attack, would be my only concern to now... do you experience that often, or severely?

Worry only about what can be done, with what is known... and, if it is known what can be done, or what can be done is known... worry not! ...simply know, and do...

You are amongst friends... when you're ready... we'll need a bit more to go on...

If you're seeing a professional about the anxiety-panic-attacks... that's a good place to start.... I wonder though... was your panic more to do with getting your bed wet?

In contemplation of your reprieve, I wish you well!
    -Marka

I don't always speak this way... sometimes it's much worse...
    In relation to the panic attacks, this is the fourth one I've had this year, the first three were closer together with #3 happening back in april or may, when they hit the dream I am having starts to fade and turn dark and grey and then finally rips apart like a projection film failing. they come accompanied with images, when the first one hit it had three images starting with a silhouette of a person on a horse wielding a sword, switches to a field with a tree with the wind blowing and as far as I could make out the third image starts out showing blood vessel like things and then a pile of bones. from the second attack on-wards it's just been a pile of bones I've been seeing.

Well I wet the bed Friday night in a diaper and then the next two nights I wet in a diaper but woke up enough to know what I was doing. Then last night I did not wear anything but just under a blanket and I did not wet a bit. I think I put on a diaper when I woke up and filled it up though. I'd say that you would probably have the same results. Hopefully you have a waterproof pad to sleep on to test the theory. I too have times in the day where it is hard to make it, but I had that before I started on this 6 months of wearing diapers pretty much full time. Why would we relax better in diapers and sleep better in them if we did not have any need for them? I think my desires create a need or the need created the desires, but I am sure most of us have both.

I dealt with my panic long ago and never with diapers or at night. In my case I new what I feared could not hurt me anymore so when the feelings came I just talked myself through them and they just started coming less and less. Hopefully you are able to find the same relief and will pursue treatment or continue it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinating View Post
    Well I wet the bed Friday night in a diaper and then the next two nights I wet in a diaper but woke up enough to know what I was doing. Then last night I did not wear anything but just under a blanket and I did not wet a bit. I think I put on a diaper when I woke up and filled it up though. I'd say that you would probably have the same results. Hopefully you have a waterproof pad to sleep on to test the theory. I too have times in the day where it is hard to make it, but I had that before I started on this 6 months of wearing diapers pretty much full time. Why would we relax better in diapers and sleep better in them if we did not have any need for them? I think my desires create a need or the need created the desires, but I am sure most of us have both.

I dealt with my panic long ago and never with diapers or at night. In my case I new what I feared could not hurt me anymore so when the feelings came I just talked myself through them and they just started coming less and less. Hopefully you are able to find the same relief and will pursue treatment or continue it.
    Thank you for the reply Fascinating, i am sure that the panic attacks aren't to do with the diapers, I'd like to follow up with another question how long does the whole diaper training last ? does it depend on the person ?

Diaper training can take a different length of time for each person. I would not expect it to take a whole lot longer though. Foe me I was completely trained one day and then because I could not feel comfortable with working and drinking enough water and I certainly did not want to drink it all after I got off I started wearing diapers and pull-ups both to work and to bed. It took about 4 ninths before I started wetting in my sleep occasionally. I still usually wake up to wet and then fall right back to sleep.

During the day when I am used to wearing my body does not tell me I need to go as soon since I am so used to going in my diaper. When I am not in a diaper I have the urge more often and have less time to hold it. Sometimes my body does not tell me so I do not know how soon to change. I hate when I am almost full and thinking about changing then have to go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinating View Post
    Diaper training can take a different length of time for each person. I would not expect it to take a whole lot longer though. Foe me I was completely trained one day and then because I could not feel comfortable with working and drinking enough water and I certainly did not want to drink it all after I got off I started wearing diapers and pull-ups both to work and to bed. It took about 4 ninths before I started wetting in my sleep occasionally. I still usually wake up to wet and then fall right back to sleep.

During the day when I am used to wearing my body does not tell me I need to go as soon since I am so used to going in my diaper. When I am not in a diaper I have the urge more often and have less time to hold it. Sometimes my body does not tell me so I do not know how soon to change. I hate when I am almost full and thinking about changing then have to go again.
    is there anywhere I could read up on the diaper training process ? and doesn't it just mainly consist of being and going comfortably in them ?

Quote Originally Posted by babied View Post
    In relation to the panic attacks, this is the fourth one I've had this year, the first three were closer together with #3 happening back in april or may, when they hit the dream I am having starts to fade and turn dark and grey and then finally rips apart like a projection film failing.
    Interesting... I wasn't aware, or didn't recall Nocturnal Panic Attacks...
    http://www.anxietycoach.com/nocturna...c-attacks.html

Except that these are generally indicating, that this wakes you up... as opposed to affecting dream conditions... So, I don't know whether this is any type of panic attack

and there's night-terrors, but that's a different thing...

they come accompanied with images, when the first one hit it had three images starting with a silhouette of a person on a horse wielding a sword, switches to a field with a tree with the wind blowing and as far as I could make out the third image starts out showing blood vessel like things and then a pile of bones. from the second attack on-wards it's just been a pile of bones I've been seeing.
    While I don't know much beyond a basic concept of dream-interpretations... and, I won't assume that I have any practical understanding of that... it would seem to me, that your dreams are representing some subconscious issues... that perhaps being in a diaper (perhaps more-so, wetting while asleep)... is a trigger relating to an earlier time when you did wet the bed, and/or wore diapers... when that subconscious notion was set...

The dreams, I would guess... are a symbolic representation, not anything of literal means...

silhouette of a person on a horse wielding a sword
    A knight... a perception or desire to have a protector, who or what is an unknown origin... hence the silhouette... my further speculation, that you felt, or were not protected during a particularly vulnerable time...

a field with a tree with the wind blowing
    ... again symbolic... solitaire, and vulnerable to the winds... in the wind... change happening, or challenge, or uncertainty... self-consciousness...

starts out showing blood vessel like things and then a pile of bones
    Birth and death, mortality, life... the end, or death of things as you once knew them... end of childhood... realities of life... moving on, an Earthiness...

the second attack on-wards it's just been a pile of bones I've been seeing.
    could be determination, futility, fear of death, or change...

So, I'm really not sure if this is a sort of panic-attack or not...

Are you being treated for anxiety? If not, you may want to look into it...

This is a bit of a reach for me on the speculation front...

Keep talking... we're listening...

-Marka