Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Share your wish list! (secret santa)

Default Share your wish list! (secret santa)

So someone mentioned a secret Santa but there were a lot of reservations about giving out addresses which I understand so what about making an AB wish list on amazon, things under 20$ and Sharing it in a thread then the "secret santas" can go through them and buy something on the list.

I think that bypasses the need to give out addresses.

Anywho what do you think?

Check my signature for an example - make it "Shared" and link it here! No need for addresses at all - I've received stuff from other wish lists without people knowing my address.

If you don't feel like looking at the signature, http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...2J4OVRPYSI9Y7/

The one in my signature doesn't have much in the way of "fun" stuff, just diapers and stuff I'd need for better diaper reviews. I'd put together a different list if I was going to participate in this.

Would love to do this, but can we really stay anonymous on amazon, they need our details somewhere to send the packages and the payment method needs to be filled up also and I'm worried that this association would somehow link my secret nickname to my real name which I want to avoid at all cost.

Edit, just tested it out and I can see my real name is linked to the wishlist even with a name special on the wishlist, had to quickly delete it all, just hope they don't keep track of stuff we wanted to purchase in theses.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyBaby View Post
    Would love to do this, but can we really stay anonymous on amazon, they need our details somewhere to send the packages and the payment method needs to be filled up also and I'm worried that this association would somehow link my secret nickname to my real name which I want to avoid at all cost.

Edit, just tested it out and I can see my real name is linked to the wishlist even with a name special on the wishlist, had to quickly delete it all, just hope they don't keep track of stuff we wanted to purchase in theses.
    Cody, you can use a pseudonym (your ADISC name) on the shipping address - the shipping name is all that's listed. Also, make sure to set it to "shared" not "public" and it will work fine.

Will gladly try it out, just catching up on your little adventure story, seems like a really funny adventure there, but so many should get punished for the ideas they give, bad little boys could perhaps end up in that daycare too, would perhaps give another dimension to that story.

Quote Originally Posted by KatelynG View Post

If you don't feel like looking at the signature, http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...2J4OVRPYSI9Y7/

The one in my signature doesn't have much in the way of "fun" stuff, just diapers and stuff I'd need for better diaper reviews. I'd put together a different list if I was going to participate in this.
    I was going to say, young people shouldn't play with gorilla glue! lol

Quote Originally Posted by CodyBaby View Post
    Will gladly try it out, just catching up on your little adventure story, seems like a really funny adventure there, but so many should get punished for the ideas they give, bad little boys could perhaps end up in that daycare too, would perhaps give another dimension to that story.
    If you'd like to talk about the story, it's probably best to do so via PM or in the discussion post, but thanks! And don't worry; there are more characters coming.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    I was going to say, young people shouldn't play with gorilla glue! lol
    That's for diaper modding actually :P

Anyways, adding a bunch of $20 or under toys and other AB-ish stuff to a wish list would be a great idea for Christmas stuff. If people would like to send more personalized stuff (things not sold on Amazon), maybe we could set up a system where all packages go through a middleman (meaning only a trustworthy person knows addresses).

Kanone's wish list!

I put some sissy stuff on there, too, I hope that's okay :3 I'll probably add more, but my wish list stuff is being picky soooooo I'll leave it at this for now

Quote Originally Posted by Kanone View Post
    Kanone's wish list!

I put some sissy stuff on there, too, I hope that's okay :3 I'll probably add more, but my wish list stuff is being picky soooooo I'll leave it at this for now
    Are we going to organize this at all or just order stuff at random? We probably should have at least a little bit of planning involved!

Also, you should know that your full name is visible - change the list properties if it bothers you.

Quote Originally Posted by KatelynG View Post
    Are we going to organize this at all or just order stuff at random? We probably should have at least a little bit of planning involved!

Also, you should know that your full name is visible - change the list properties if it bothers you.
    I don't mind about my name, but thanks for pointing it out in case I did =P and yeah, Ill organize it when I'm off mobile. It doesn't seem to let me organize it unless I'm on the full site D: