Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Distinction of Little and Childish

Lightbulb Distinction of Little and Childish

Lately I've been toying around with the idea of slowly transitioning my room to be more childish.

Right now I try to keep everything little related(except Larvitar) out of sight. This morning I walked down stairs and got something to eat while wearing my footed PJs...Nobody else was up; but it got me thinking.

Don't know why I didn't think of this sooner.
    What if I made it common place for everyone I live with to expect this sort of thing? I don't want anyone to know that I'm an AB, but I wouldn't mind if they thought I was just really childish. I'm thinking I could pull it off, if I did it gradually enough; and I'm sick of feeling like I'm not free to be me. (out of fear of how my family would react...my step brother rips on me all the time for cuddling my Larvitar.)

What do you guys think?
    It'll be a little embarrassing if the next time I go down stairs somebody sees me in my pajamas; but I think this might make a decent ice breaker.
    Last edited by SleepyTyrant; 16-Nov-2014 at 23:12.

That's up to you. Make sure you have a step in-game plan for this or a checklist.

[1]Start small. Explore parent's reaction in footie PJ's
    [2]Discover reactions while dressed up (Child-like) (NOTE: Do your chores still)
    [3]Start small when changing room like stickers on walls and changing covers
    [4]Finish halfway-Toys on dressers and light bulbs change
    [5]Finish all the way-Cover light switches, whatever else you want kid-i-fied.
    [6]Sleep

This is just an example, i'm sure you have a better one than me. Let's just hope your family is not that too strict on this (your 25 years old, you need to start growing up) Or you could have these parents that might not acknowledge you (Kids will be kids Except you are an adult) The only thing I would not risk is exposure to actual AB stuff and childish behavior towards parents because they may have a change to say something about your tone. Well, childish behavior if you do it in a light manner like in a joke "Haha, I don't wanna!" "Your so mean!" Parents love to play around with their kids/adults in this case. "Too bad" "I know I am mean" but this does not involve all the parents.

Just make sure you meet your regular chores while you act in a new childish attitude.

I say this is one definite ice breaker and I wish you the best of luck.
    Last edited by Snivy; 17-Nov-2014 at 02:47. Reason: Forgot a sentence and a step

I kind of did this. I have toys, plushies and other kid stuff all over my room. I kind of did what Snivy suggested. Except, I have never hidden my like for shows like My Little Pony, so no one is really surprised when they walk into my room and see a tech savvy 6 year old's room. Nor are they surprised when I walk out of my room in a childish outfit. My room just naturally evolved from the teen room my mom designed to the kids room it is now. It is really nice to have a room that I can feel comfortable in with all the things I enjoy surrounding me. If you feel up to it, I suggest fixing your room over the next few months.

Right now is a good time to walk down stairs in footie PJs because it is the start of winter. I don't think it is extremely odd for someone to wear warm PJs like those during this time of year. If they get use to you wearing them in the winter, you should be able to get away with wearing them anytime. (This is assuming you are not on the other side of the world from me where it is currently almost summer)

Little steps as Snivy suggests. I also suggest you avoid doing anything that annoys people or makes work for them. For example, if you regularly do the dishes or take the trash out, acting little by neglecting your chores is a bad idea. But acting little by wearing a cute shirt or PJs, while still meeting any responsibilities you have is harmless and quirky.

I think you could start small like snivy said, you already have those footed pajamas and your plushie probably a couple more of things wouldn't raise suspicion, but you know your parents and brother, they may not like that or be totally cool with it.

And I am in the same situation , I want some childish things like a cute plushie and footed pajamas for this cold weather and I've tried to slowly introduce the subject but so far I am not sure what to think, I am not sure if my family would like it.

But anyway, start small and analyze their reactions.

All good advise from above. It's funny, but I'm a little shy about wearing my teddy bear footed jammies outside to walk the dog, get the news paper, and definitely to answer the door. It's my wife who says I should wear them wherever. So yeah, just start small and see what the reaction is.

I kind of already do this to an extent - I still live with my dad. He's seen me in my footie pj's and doesn't care. And sometimes my brother is here. He's seen me too, and he's the one I was really worried about.

Still have reservations about being seen outside in them, though. So I haven't gone that far yet... even though I've told others they should be able to wear whatever whenever... go figure :p

As for my bedroom, all my plushies are on my bed. So yeah.

I basically can get away with that. Just not the baby stuff.

Slept in today...step brother barged in and seen me in my fire truck pajamas.(well, now I don't have to drum up the courage to walk downstairs)
    He reacted about as well as I thought he would...he bust out laughing, and whipped out his phone. Now he's makin cracks about his new screen saver. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTyrant View Post
    Slept in today...step brother barged in and seen me in my fire truck pajamas.(well, now I don't have to drum up the courage to walk downstairs)
    He reacted about as well as I thought he would...he bust out laughing, and whipped out his phone. Now he's makin cracks about his new screen saver. >.>
    It's probably not the advice you want to hear, but I think you have an important decision to make, and it depends on priorities. If you're concerned about your mental wellbeing living in a household where ABDL causes you to be mocked, and want to avoid your AB/Little tendencies being known to people you don't trust, I would go back to being discreet, perhaps even secretive about your Little side.

If your step brother's response and him taking a photo of you in your little clothes (which he might show to others) doesn't bother you, I'd say go ahead with being open at home about your ABDL side, especially if you feel far happier with being openly AB around your step brother and whoever else you live with.

There's not a clear right or wrong choice here, it's simply a case of priorities - whether you're more concerned about potential stigma towards being ABDL, or about feeling you have to hide it. Or, to put it more positively, it's about whether being considered 'normal' is more important to you than being unashamedly open about your Little side.

Whatever route you take, good luck. It's not particularly easy being an AB living amongst non-ABs at the best of times, and sometimes it presents quite big challenges... Big hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNapsALot View Post
    Whatever route you take, good luck. It's not particularly easy being an AB living amongst non-ABs at the best of times, and sometimes it presents quite big challenges... Big hugs.
    Well, I'm still testing the waters...Imma see where this pajama thing goes and move from there.