Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: stress/depression help (off topic a little)

  1. #1

    Default stress/depression help (off topic a little)

    Hello everyone ^.^ I'm sure I don't make lots of posts but I have a question

    I've been dealing with depression for probably 4 years and I have been having many many stress/panic attacks and I just have trouble relaxing to anything I have some little items I use for night time and a customary teddy but lots of the time its lots of sad feelings and I can't even figure out why... Is it possible that my AB side gets that sensitive?
    Currently my life is all happy but it's random mood swings and only at night... I don't know whare to post but I thought I'd post here seeing if anyone has something similar happen to them...

    Thanks again to anyone who reads or responds

    *warm hugz for everyone *

  2. #2

    Default

    I have random mood swings occasionally. Usually I can attribute it to the stress of school and work and not feeling like i'm capable. Or my disappointment with the way my parents and I work our relationship. In all reality both situations are not horrible, but I obsess over them.
    So do you not feel like you know what it is that is eating at you? I guess there is always the possibility of chemical imbalance, maybe there is something that you are not eating. I always get feeling upset if I don't have a good source of protein sometime before the evening. Or maybe it is something that is bothering you subconsciously?

  3. #3

    Default

    It is possible that your AB side does get that sensitive. There's a lot of talk on this site about the positives of regression - a sense of childlike wonder, relaxation, comfort etc. -, and all those things are great. However, being in little headspace can also lead to some of the less positive feelings of littleness. These include getting very sensitive or confused about things which are upsetting you, because when you're not in touch with your adult side, it's difficult to process the things that are stressing you out in a more balanced and rational way.

    Of course, your feelings of stress and depression could also be completely unrelated to ABDL, and just happen to be manifesting themselves most prominently at a time when you feel little and vulnerable. It seems like pretty obvious advice, but if you feel that negative or other intrusive thoughts and feelings are causing you a serious problem, it's worth seeing a therapist. In many cases, depression and anxiety have no bearing on whether other aspects of your life are happy. These are medical conditions that can affect anyone, regardless of whether you're happily married and earning £100,000 a year or sleeping on the streets.

  4. #4

    Default

    Just a thought... but is it that your "adult" self tries to repress your sensitive side, with all of its scary emotions... And it's only when you're in "little" mode that it feels safe to express all those bottled-up feelings...?

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by KittensGoRoar View Post
    Hello everyone ^.^ I'm sure I don't make lots of posts but I have a question

    I've been dealing with depression for probably 4 years and I have been having many many stress/panic attacks and I just have trouble relaxing to anything I have some little items I use for night time and a customary teddy but lots of the time its lots of sad feelings and I can't even figure out why... Is it possible that my AB side gets that sensitive?
    Currently my life is all happy but it's random mood swings and only at night... I don't know whare to post but I thought I'd post here seeing if anyone has something similar happen to them...

    Thanks again to anyone who reads or responds

    *warm hugz for everyone *
    Warm hugs to you too, KittensGoRoar!

    I am inclined to mirror what SirNapsALot has said here...

    In the height of my depression, nights were especially difficult... as I was unable to then cope with the solitude (lonely)... and also as said, paraphrase: The timing with your regression, being as that with the night... may lead you to a much more vulnerable, and lonely status... even though, the regression may be a coping, or other comforting aspect...

    I would ask too, are you now, or would you consider getting some counseling? It could be quite beneficial for you...

    Aside from that, you may try regressing during the day, but probably still with privacy...

    However, with 4-years of depression, stress, and anxiety (especially attacks), even with a possibly associated trauma to pin that too... I would say that you very much are in need of some professional intervention...

    I applaud you for doing as well as you have for this long, but it may be time to raise the bar...

    Depression and anxiety, are a type of pain... and pain tells us when it's time to do something more, and/or differently (or stop doing something)... the longer we go without making those changes, or adjustments... the more pain, depression, and anxiety tend to increase... sometimes to the point where we can't hear, see, or feel anything else... let's not allow it to get that far if we can help it...

    I don't mean to alarm you with the seriousness of the links below, I think that you could get to some very good and practical resources though... and they're not limited to major break-downs...

    Even if you are already in counseling; this could make a great adjunct to any current service that you may be getting.

    Crisis Centres Serving Alberta



    You can also call if you are not in crisis, seeking additional information.
    http://www.violetnet.org/

    http://www.crisissupportcentre.com/
    24-Hour Distress Line 780-482-HELP(4357)



    Here to Listen

    At the Crisis Support Centre we save lives and change lives. We help Edmonton and our surrounding communities deal with the stresses of daily life and the situations that no one should go through alone. By phone, in person, and online, we’re always available. We offer immediate support for crises that can’t be put on hold.
    My best to you, KittensGoRoar!
    Keep talking,
    -Marka




    Quote Originally Posted by SirNapsALot View Post
    It is possible that your AB side does get that sensitive. There's a lot of talk on this site about the positives of regression - a sense of childlike wonder, relaxation, comfort etc. -, and all those things are great. However, being in little headspace can also lead to some of the less positive feelings of littleness. These include getting very sensitive or confused about things which are upsetting you, because when you're not in touch with your adult side, it's difficult to process the things that are stressing you out in a more balanced and rational way.

    Of course, your feelings of stress and depression could also be completely unrelated to ABDL, and just happen to be manifesting themselves most prominently at a time when you feel little and vulnerable. It seems like pretty obvious advice, but if you feel that negative or other intrusive thoughts and feelings are causing you a serious problem, it's worth seeing a therapist. In many cases, depression and anxiety have no bearing on whether other aspects of your life are happy. These are medical conditions that can affect anyone, regardless of whether you're happily married and earning £100,000 a year or sleeping on the streets.
    I would so have given this a gold-star, but I've apparently already spent that token... so Good reply!

  6. #6

    Default

    It is EXTREMELY difficult but when I reach an all time low if I just put on a thick diaper and grab my bear it is like all my stress melts away.
    I went 2 years without any baby stuff. Now I found myself at a breaking point and yesterday evening I put on an extra thick diaper and layed down with a special teddy that stays on my bed 24/7 and I drifted off for an hour nap without trying and woke up feeling like I could handle life. Today I bought a new paci,wipes,baby lotion and more diapers. I myself find when I have nowhere else to turn,my baby side brings comfort.
    I know I am one of the few blessed to be able to do it.
    Good luck and BIG HUGS!

  7. #7

    Default

    Wow! I didn't know how many people were going through similar things... but everyone is right When I am home I usually get my teddy (kumo) and my paci and everything seams to be all better, like there is nothing wrong with the world. It's strange because I only get sad at night time... but hugging my teddy makes it better.
    this community is just so understanding and kind.

    P.S thank you all for the hugz

    Thank you everyone

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by KittensGoRoar View Post
    Wow! I didn't know how many people were going through similar things... but everyone is right When I am home I usually get my teddy (kumo) and my paci and everything seams to be all better, like there is nothing wrong with the world. It's strange because I only get sad at night time... but hugging my teddy makes it better.
    this community is just so understanding and kind.

    P.S thank you all for the hugz

    Thank you everyone
    Well i'm glad that it isn't a problem that comes when you get to be little, for most of us, little time is our time to remove stress and pain, so you are in good company. I think that for the majority of Adult Babies, regression is a big tool for stress removal, but that is just my opinion. If you are actually suffering some sort of breakdowns because of something difficult, it can sometimes be useful to talk to a therapist, but as long as you have a coping mechanism, you can often be just going through a normal part of life. Some people find coping mechanisms in exersizing, reading, watching shows, drinking, and many other things, people like us just find it in diapers and stuffed animals. Lots of people have down moments though, which are never fun.

    I hope that it can stay under control, *hugs* back.

  9. #9

    Default

    I don't have much more to add that's already been said but I just want to let you know, you're among friends.

    I've had depression and anxiety issues most of my adult life. Actually started in my teens. I don't believe it to be caused by, or aggravated by my "little" side, and I'd agree that doing those things can be very therapeutic. But, regardless the depression/anxiety never fully goes away. I still have panic attacks. I recently lost my job and I'm now starting to think that my extreme (as of late) social anxiety is a major factor in why I cannot seem to hold down a job for more than a year or so at a time. I'm starting to debate with myself if I'd qualify for SSDI because really, now... when I think about going to work every day and working among people (and they can be the nicest people in the world), my anxiety level just goes through the roof.

    One thing I will say is -- if you have decent enough insurance and can afford it, find a good therapist and see him/her at least twice a month. Even if all you talk about during a session is how you feel and you don't know why... just getting those thoughts and feelings out and talking about them together can help. If the therapist is "good," he/she will be able to know exactly why you are having such feelings and may be able to help you deal with them.

    Hang in there. Can I ask something? Do you tend to get over emotional sometimes? Cry and cry over the smallest, random things? Bawl your eyes out and shake after watching a really sad movie? Worry and worry and worry so much about things you really shouldn't worry about? If so -- I know exactly how you feel.

Similar Threads

  1. Stress
    By TheHayleeRaven in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 22-Jun-2013, 15:28
  2. stress
    By skyfoxpup in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-Nov-2012, 03:54
  3. Stress
    By dbtim59 in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21-Aug-2012, 05:19
  4. Stress Pain?
    By AnonKiba in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-Apr-2009, 10:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.