Thread: "Classic" Tena Slip vs. Cloth-backed Tena Slip

Default "Classic" Tena Slip vs. Cloth-backed Tena Slip

"Classic" Tena Slip vs. the newer-to-market cloth-backed ("classic" being pb) -- I'm UK and Tena have recently gone cloth-backed here. I wear Tena all the time, brand I really trust(ed). Both new & old have their flaws: "Classic" was the tapes; New Slips, tapes are pretty good. With the old Tena I simply re-enforced the lower tapes with a little insulation tape and that did the trick. New Tena... well... same as old when it comes to absorbency I feel, very comfortable, but not too practical when you're active i.e when you're upright moving around or if you're prone to moving about in your sleep a lot -- dramatically compromises effectiveness of diaper. They tend to, ironically, want to "slip" right off the waist. The top two tapes especially, I have to fasten as tightly as I can otherwise the thing just wants to slip right off, right away. Never needed to do that with the pb slip. I've starting wearing plastic pants over the cloth-backed too, just in case of any "breaches" should the diaper slip in the night. And doing so also helps the thing stay in position too. It's a shame that Tena isn't making plastic-backed anymore The cloth-backed Tena is not so much a re-design as it is a completely different product in my opinion.
    Last edited by Akula; 16-Nov-2014 at 11:43.

After another night in a cb, I feel I was perhaps overly critical of the product earlier. One could have been just as harsh about the pb slip. So, I've re-edited my above critique slightly. 12hrs+ after slipping into one, it's surprisingly done the job well. This could also be due to wearing the plastic pants as well... The diaper feels a little loose morning after, but to be expected I guess, I move around a lot in my sleep. The only thing I wasn't happy with was the build-up of condensation in the plastic pants, due to the breathable nature of the cb. Will try without the plastic pants tonight, see if the slip fares the same or not. Truth be told, I think I'm just having a hard time letting go of the pb, a product that I could trust and a diaper that I could rely on.

Goodbye Tena pb. You will be missed.

just put in maybe my last order of pb tena from save as they now advertise that soon tena will only be avaible in clot, sad, but i have found a good replacement, the ID Expert Super , a rather new diaper with pvc backing, it holds a bit less than the tena but on the otherhand the tapes are super, much better than on the tena

Quote Originally Posted by nilson View Post
    Re: ID Expert Super , a rather new diaper with pvc backing, it holds a bit less than the tena but on the otherhand the tapes are super, much better than on the tena
    From what I see, it looks like this brand is transitioning from pb to cloth also

No actually the other options in the series have been cloth from the start, with the super being avaible in plastic, dont know about the future but seems strange if they change it after a year only

Quote Originally Posted by nilson View Post
    just put in maybe my last order of pb tena from save as they now advertise that soon tena will only be avaible in clot, sad, but i have found a good replacement, the ID Expert Super , a rather new diaper with pvc backing, it holds a bit less than the tena but on the otherhand the tapes are super, much better than on the tena
    I second this. The id expert super are very good. They don't for me quite as well as the tena slip maxi, mainly as the bottom tapes don't come far enough across so that I can tape it on the front as opposed to on the thih.. But otherwise I would say they are actually arguably more absorbent than anything I have tried. For me they are completely flood proof, even overnight.

As long as you don't go crazy and wet a number of times before changing I can't make it leak.

The only slight problem I have is that they are very noisy. I prefer plastic backed as they keep their shape so much letter and are far more secure, I also don't mind a bit of noise, but these are very difficult to hide the noise unless there is plenty of background noise.

I've just taken delivery of these from Drylife in the UK - http://www.drylife.co.uk/id-expert-s...dium-pe-backed

They are very competitively priced and while most of the range is cloth backed, they do certain ones PE backed. It seems to be a dual offering acknowledging that some prefer the plastic backed Diapers / Nappies.

For wht it is worth, I found these supremely comfortable and have given them a real challenge. They say that they will absorb 2600ml and I'd go with that. I really went at it with one and it still had capacity when I changed. The tapes are also really good (doule tapes allowing for adjustment. I'd prefer a nice wide langing area like on the Comficare but this is a very good second best.

Sixe wise, I'm a 36" waist with large thighs and the medium fitted well. Much larger and I'd need the large.

On the whole, I really do prefer plastic backed. They are a little crinkly but I do not mind that.

I'm a convert. Long may these stay on the market. I even prefer them to the Abena M4's (heresy I know!) as they are plastic backed, a great fit, highly absorbent and very comfortable indeed.

DLE

Can you get Molicare Supers over there. I am switching over to them more and more from the Tena c/b and have never worn a diaper that is so soft in the middle. With a booster, they last me 12+ hours at night, no problem, but I use a cover pant too just in case, so far so good! :-)