Thread: Some random facts about me.

Default Some random facts about me.

Here are some random facts about me in no particular order
    -I have been a rollerblader for 14 years
    -My girlfriend knows all of my secrets and accepts me as I am
    -My girlfriend didn't know she was a furry until I explained it to her
    -I love music with a real message but not so much cursing. If the song contains swearing, it had better have a good reason.
    -I love video games
    -I am an excellent reader but haven't really gotten into a book in awhile
    -I am submissively dominant... what that means is that I am submissve for the most part unless I have reason to be dominant. I go back and forth.
    -It took me until this year to learn to love myself
    -I have social anxiety some of the time but it used to be 100% of the time.
    -I have lost the will to argue but often accidentally wander into arguments.
    -I am an introvert, but I have big heart for people. A common misconception is that introverts are shy, this is not always true, but I used to happen to be shy. Now I'm more confident than ever.
    Last edited by Premetheus; 15-Nov-2014 at 11:13.

Finding solidarity, confidence and acceptance can sometimes take nearly a lifetime to achieve. It seems that you have hit your stride in sorting, solving and storing self-percieved imbalances or misconceptions about the nature of how others view you personally. We can often find that we, early on, have a warped sense of self based upon the inclination of others. Once the realization that we are a 'true-self' is recognised, we can become who we really are. There is no indignity in persuing our own identities.

Thanks for sharing and happy trails!

neat, we have a few things in common! i feel like i'd be labeled as introvert, easily, but that doesn't always mean shy. i'm glad it's not just me who thinks so!
    thanks for the cool fun facts!

It's nice that you've started a thread where you seem proud of the things which make up your character, even if those things had troubled you in the past. It's a good reminder that each of us is the best at being ourself. As for introversion, I get that. I quite like being somewhere where it's lively and people are around, and I enjoy chatting with my friends, but I value my time doing things by myself a lot as well. Anyway, yeah - it's great that you're comfortable and positive about the things that make you special, Premetheus.

Quote Originally Posted by Premetheus View Post
    Here are some random facts about me in no particular order
    -I have been a rollerblader for 14 years
    -My girlfriend knows all of my secrets and accepts me as I am
    -My girlfriend didn't know she was a furry until I explained it to her
    -I love music with a real message but not so much cursing. If the song contains swearing, it had better have a good reason.
    -I love video games
    -I am an excellent reader but haven't really gotten into a book in awhile
    -I am submissively dominant... what that means is that I am submissve for the most part unless I have reason to be dominant. I go back and forth.
    -It took me until this year to learn to love myself
    -I have social anxiety some of the time but it used to be 100% of the time.
    -I have lost the will to argue but often accidentally wander into arguments.
    -I am an introvert, but I have big heart for people. A common misconception is that introverts are shy, this is not always true, but I used to happen to be shy. Now I'm more confident than ever.
    I like to engage with people so responses to your random fact time!

Rollerblading is super cool! I always wished I could do that!

Awesome about your girlfriend! My snuggley accepts me too! Here to loving relationships!

She didn't know what being an little or an adult baby was until I explained it either.

I have trouble with cursing too! Probably a little more then you, it makes me feel flustered.Totally understand the feeling though.

VIDEO GAMES ARE THE BEST.

Oh gawsh, the reading thing. I used to read 24/7. I love reading. I just don't feel like I have time for it anymore.

I think it's cool that you are able to switch to being dominate at all. I'm really submissive and most of the time feel like being otherwise is almost physically impossible.

I'm so glad you've learned to love yourself! You are a beautiful individual who deserves respect! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I'm sorry that life has made you just exhausted about arguments. Hopefully you find people who can have a mature reasonable casual debate with you in the future.

Oh gawsh! It reminds me of me what you said about the introvert thing! I'm an extrovert, but really shy. People don't think that's a thing either. I'm so paralyzing shy and nervous that someone is going to be upset, but I crave companionship, friendship and just HATE being alone. I don't feel really alive. It's annoying. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Arietta View Post
    I like to engage with people so responses to your random fact time!

Rollerblading is super cool! I always wished I could do that!

Awesome about your girlfriend! My snuggley accepts me too! Here to loving relationships!

She didn't know what being an little or an adult baby was until I explained it either.

I have trouble with cursing too! Probably a little more then you, it makes me feel flustered.Totally understand the feeling though.

VIDEO GAMES ARE THE BEST.

Oh gawsh, the reading thing. I used to read 24/7. I love reading. I just don't feel like I have time for it anymore.

I think it's cool that you are able to switch to being dominate at all. I'm really submissive and most of the time feel like being otherwise is almost physically impossible.

I'm so glad you've learned to love yourself! You are a beautiful individual who deserves respect! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I'm sorry that life has made you just exhausted about arguments. Hopefully you find people who can have a mature reasonable casual debate with you in the future.

Oh gawsh! It reminds me of me what you said about the introvert thing! I'm an extrovert, but really shy. People don't think that's a thing either. I'm so paralyzing shy and nervous that someone is going to be upset, but I crave companionship, friendship and just HATE being alone. I don't feel really alive. It's annoying. Hehe.
    I actually really hate swearing x.x my grandfather used to beat me when I cussed or did something I shouldn't have. I accociate swearing with stupidity and messing up. He died about a year ago and I never got to make my peace with him. I hope in the future though I make peace with myself about the whole thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirNapsALot View Post
    It's nice that you've started a thread where you seem proud of the things which make up your character, even if those things had troubled you in the past. It's a good reminder that each of us is the best at being ourself. As for introversion, I get that. I quite like being somewhere where it's lively and people are around, and I enjoy chatting with my friends, but I value my time doing things by myself a lot as well. Anyway, yeah - it's great that you're comfortable and positive about the things that make you special, Premetheus.
    I'm not really proud of anything but I'm not ashamed either. I just have lived a hard life and people don't see it. I'm often misinterpreted or people judge me by my appearance. I am comfortable with most things about me. It also took me until this year to gain confidence in my singing :p Thanks for the comment though, I appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thebunnyprince View Post
    neat, we have a few things in common! i feel like i'd be labeled as introvert, easily, but that doesn't always mean shy. i'm glad it's not just me who thinks so!
    thanks for the cool fun facts!
    Yeah :P not all intorverts are shy and not all shy people are introverts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ilostthesheriff View Post
    Finding solidarity, confidence and acceptance can sometimes take nearly a lifetime to achieve. It seems that you have hit your stride in sorting, solving and storing self-percieved imbalances or misconceptions about the nature of how others view you personally. We can often find that we, early on, have a warped sense of self based upon the inclination of others. Once the realization that we are a 'true-self' is recognised, we can become who we really are. There is no indignity in persuing our own identities.

Thanks for sharing and happy trails!
    No problem, I felt like sharing a few things. I have a long way to go... I dealt with 8 years of depression that ended on my birthday in May. 8 years of self depreciation, suicide attempts, sucicidal thoughts, and severe depression. All of that was caused by the fact that I was bullied since developemental kindergarden (I took it because my parents wanted me to be ready for school, so I basically started a year earlier than others but I didn't skip a grade or stay back) all the way until 10th grade where I just couldn't take it anymore and got physically sick for months. I tried several other school options... but nothing worked until I tried homeschooling. I have two tutors April and Jamie, They are two nice folks who have 2 daughters and 2 pitbulls. They love me like family and to me they are like a second family. With their help, I'm going to graduate from high school on May 29th. So as you may have gathered, I'm in 12th grade and I'm 18 :P