Thread: Tween Dresses

Default Tween Dresses

I have been looking at tween dresses and some places have them up to size twenty online. But I don't really know how girl sizing works. Is there any way to know if these dresses will fit and do I even need a size twenty? I'm about 5'10 weigh about 160 pounds.

As a general example, here's a sizing chart I found with this dress http://www.walmart.com/ip/My-Little-...Dress/36561255 Looks like Walmart's sizing goes by height, chest, hips, and waist, with a size 20 fitting up to a 31-inch waist.

It can be hard to work out just try look inconspicuous when you are looking it is not uncommon for people to buy tweens clothes for Christmas and birthdays.
    my advice for shopping for that sort of stuff is just dive in at the deep end looking at clothes on a PC is good but in real life it is even bettor.

if someone giggles at you giggle back they must be funny

If you don't have a tape measure get one - or at the very least know your physical measurements:

COLLAR (Circumference Buttoned)
    LENGTH SHOULDER TO (Shirt/Blouse) HEM
    SLEEVE LENGTH (Inside {Arm hole to Wrist Hem} and Outside {Top of shoulder seam to Wrist hem})
    BUST/CHEST (Under Arm Hole to opposite side)
    WAIST (Empire - Naval - Regular - Low and at almost Hips)
    HIPS
    RISE (Distance from crotch bottom seam to top front waist band - also useful REAR measurement over big (diapered) Butt)
    INSEAM ON WELL FITTING PANTS/JEANS
    THIGH (At widest point on Leg)

With these statistics you can determine if the garment of your fantasy will fit or is worth the time to try on for Size !
    Every clothing manufacturer and department store has their own sizing chart - NONE OF WHICH IS STANDARDIZED !
    Therefore the need for the universal 'King's' measurement device be it a ruler or tape measure. ***
    *** Note get your measurements in INCHES and converted to METRICS (Centimeters 2.5 to the inch) for those clothing items from foreign countries.

Know your sizes before shopping and of your fantasy Significant Other/Alter Ego.

If you are able, I would go to the store and try on girls XL to get a better idea of how that size and one size up will fit you. If you want to be inconspicuous about trying the clothing on, put the girls clothing in-between some adult clothing. Or, if you don't want to do that, buy some cheep xl, or xxl girls cloths online, at a resale shop, or on sale at a store without trying them on. That way no one knows they are for you. Then you just bring the clothing home and see how they fit.

Personally I am 5'8 and 115 pds and can wear 14/16 girls. I am also unfortunately underweight, so if you are actually a healthy size unlike me, fitting into these clothes may be harder. The only problem I run into is length, pants, some long sleeved shirts and some dresses can be too short. Some of the dresses turn into cute shirts on me. I spent so much money on clothes when I realized I could fit into all the cute little girls and boys clothing. My mom is 5'6 and about 140-150 pds and while she could put on a 14/16 shirt just fine, it looked to small and really tight.
    Last edited by Shran; 15-Nov-2014 at 05:32.

I wouldn't suggest a 14/16 - I've tried them! I'm 5 71/2" and 125 (was about 120 at the time though) and they aren't really worth it. (Take into consideration I'm born biologically male ) What I'd done is try and find some cute "juniors" clothing ... Go with the odd numbers 3-5-7 for sizes (adult ladies and Juiniors ladies are even vs odd from what I could tell) ... Honestly there ARE some cute things out there in not-kid-sizes, you just have to look. Good luck!

Now why did I not think of this?
    I will say that there are measurements called tailor measurements. They will be different than useing measuring tape in a pattern. I would take into consideration there being a little bit of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Shran View Post
    If you are able, I would go to the store and try on girls XL to get a better idea of how that size and one size up will fit you. If you want to be inconspicuous about trying the clothing on, put the girls clothing in-between some adult clothing. Or, if you don't want to do that, buy some cheep xl, or xxl girls cloths online, at a resale shop, or on sale at a store without trying them on. That way no one knows they are for you. Then you just bring the clothing home and see how they fit.

Personally I am 5'8 and 115 pds and can wear 14/16 girls. I am also unfortunately underweight, so if you are actually a healthy size unlike me, fitting into these clothes may be harder. The only problem I run into is length, pants, some long sleeved shirts and some dresses can be too short. Some of the dresses turn into cute shirts on me. I spent so much money on clothes when I realized I could fit into all the cute little girls and boys clothing. My mom is 5'6 and about 140-150 pds and while she could put on a 14/16 shirt just fine, it looked to small and really tight.