Thread: Abena M1 vs Tena Slip Maxi

Default Abena M1 vs Tena Slip Maxi

I'm looking at a thin plastic backed diaper to wear out and about, and Tena Slip Maxi seems to be the clear crowd favorite. But I also have my eye on Abena M1s, which I do not have any experience with. Can anybody compare how discrete one is to the other?

I may wind up getting both since they're on the endagered species list, but thought I'd throw the question out there anyway.

Thanks!
    Last edited by iWish; 13-Nov-2014 at 17:48.

Tens Slip Maxis start out pretty thin and discreet but expand with use and have higher capacity than you'd expect. All around great diaper and a real shame that it's going exclusively to cloth-like covers. I have never tried the M1, but M2s were decent enough (not so thick but better than Depends capacity). I'd put the Tenas closer to an M3 in overall capacity, so figure a good ways more than a level 1.

The M2 is good for daytime, but I would not flood it. It's not designed for this.

The Tena Slip Maxi are ok, but like Trevor said, they will get pretty notisable when wet. I would not compare them to Abena M3, as their padding composition is very different. You will feel dryer in a Tena Slip Maxi than in a M3. In my opinion, M3 are better suited to bedridden patients that are changed every 4-6 hours and require a bit more protection. If you walk or move a lot with a wet M3, the padding fall appart and sitting in a wet M3 feel very damp.

I'd recommand the following:

Abena M2
    Tena Slip Plus
    Molicare Premium Super

The later would be my favorite. It's cloth like and breadable. The cut is also slimmer, so more discrete, yet it's absorban enough for flodding or several smaller wetting. It can also work at night or for more than 8h of continuous wear. When wet, it's still confortable and will not swell too much.

Molicare make another model in their Premium line. It's super thin and absorbant enough for constant dribble or 1 good flooding. I liked it a lot for daytime use, but required more frequent changing.

I hope this helped.

Thanks so much for the feedback. I did wind up impulse buying (none of us have ever done that...) the M1s, just because I like Abena, and they seem a bit more rare. I'm learning and not terribly experienced, so thanks again for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by iWish View Post
    Thanks so much for the feedback. I did wind up impulse buying (none of us have ever done that...) the M1s, just because I like Abena, and they seem a bit more rare. I'm learning and not terribly experienced, so thanks again for the advice.
    There really isn't any substitute for trying them out for yourself. It's fun if you have the time and the means. Enjoy

All, nappy manufacturers especially Tena should adopt the same naming as Abena. I always have to look up what is the least to most absorbent for Tena(I got some Super pull ups and cut out the product range which had the absorbency on it and put it in my nappy box) It's like "now is the super or maxi more absorbent" where as Abena is like "Oh M4 that is Medium and best absorbency".

Quote Originally Posted by Justo View Post
    All, nappy manufacturers especially Tena should adopt the same naming as Abena. I always have to look up what is the least to most absorbent for Tena(I got some Super pull ups and cut out the product range which had the absorbency on it and put it in my nappy box) It's like "now is the super or maxi more absorbent" where as Abena is like "Oh M4 that is Medium and best absorbency".
    I totally hear ya. The super extra mega premium 9 plus is the best one, right?

I am only recently accepting of my ABDLness, so I've spent the better part of a week doing research on diapers, onesies, and pacis lol.

Alsoooo, those M1s I had my eye on? Turns out that NorthShore's website was a bit misleading and I got a pack of cloth-backed