Thread: In the Night Garden

Default In the Night Garden

I think this might primarily be a thread for UK-based ADISCers, as I think the show is fairly unknown in other parts of the world, but are there any other In the Night Garden fans on here? It's probably my absolute favourite little show, and though I know some people find little programs with 'nonsense language' annoying, I just love the characters and storylines.

So, fellow ITNG fans (if there are any here!)... Who's your favourite character? Any episodes you especially love? And do you have any Night Garden toys - I've got several talking plushies, an Iggle Piggle blankie and a couple of the books.

For the uninitiated, here's an episode (most if not all seem to be on YouTube). Takes a little bit of time to get used to the characters/language/narration, but I loved it after watching a couple of them:

I kinda like the pontipines but I don't really watch the show all that much. macha pacha wacha woo! lol

This is my first time seeing it; and I thought it was pretty good =)
    Don't have a favorite character yet, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessKitty View Post
    I kinda like the pontipines but I don't really watch the show all that much. macha pacha wacha woo! lol
    I like the Pontipines sometimes, but do they have to do the exact same dance around their garden every single episode? Ah well, I guess babies like repetition!

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTyrant
    This is my first time seeing it; and I thought it was pretty good =)
    Don't have a favorite character yet, though.
    Glad you enjoyed it. Haha favourite characters come with time. Mine is Makka Pakka. That said, I might have to stop sleeping with my plush Makka Pakka as I sometimes get woken up in the middle of the night by lying on it, and the trumpet noise going off!

Quote Originally Posted by SirNapsALot View Post
    That said, I might have to stop sleeping with my plush Makka Pakka as I sometimes get woken up in the middle of the night by lying on it, and the trumpet noise going off!
    Haha! I have a plushie Sullivan from monster university/inc and it goes RAAAAWR, I stopped sleeping with it in my bed because it is a bit scary if your asleep and it goes RAAAWR lol but I love him very much!

Just found a Night Garden toy phone online and had to purchase it. I was pretty indifferent when most of my friends were going wild about the iPhone 6, but a direct line to Igglepiggle and Upsy Daisy? Now that's exciting.

Heard of it, but I'm not a fan of trippy stuff, but that dosen't mean its bad .