Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you could have your own playroom...

Lightbulb If you could have your own playroom...

As an aspiring little, I've got these recurring dreams of there being an extra room or two around the house—mostly in the basement. Which, when combined with any various other little-related dreams I've had (e.g. diapers, toys, childhood TV shows), got me to thinking:

If you could have any kind of playroom at all, where would it be—and what would be in it? Would it have "something for everyone", or just "little stuff"? Would it have a secret way in or out, or be open to all?

Here's what I'd envision mine as: https://www.pinterest.com/iansherman...ound-playroom/

Go ahead, share away... let's see those imaginations take flight here!
    Last edited by Ian16545; 13-Nov-2014 at 07:03.

I haven't given this a ton of thought, but I suspect nerf guns would feature, along with Legos. I was never a fan of the baby toys so much as the really cool kid toys.

Also, let's be honest here. There was never a point where Lego stopped being awesome.

I'm actually in the process of making my own playroom out of my bedroom. I live alone and have no plans of changing this so I consider myself very lucky.

But what I'm imagining is a little girls princess themed room for the most part but peppered throughout would be ninja turtles, Legos and 90's nickelodeon paraphernalia.

I want to fill at least two drawers in my dresser with fuzzy Jammie's, princess shirts and other kid clothes and a few pairs of sneakers that light up because YES!!!

I'm planning on takin before and after pictures of my current playroom an putting them on here so I can get some feedback and suggestions for what would be cool to do.

Ok,

I actually have a "study" that was built for ab stuff...

It's actually now an office/build area for my GF's businesses (Personal Gift Baskets and Custom Pajamas)...

Still sorta ab...but my stuff is just in the master suite...I've got 6 dressers and two are Abdl stuff...

I usually always sleep on footies, and being IC well diapers are needed anyhow...

Now, my plan was to have my crib and everything in there...even a small "timeout" room built off it...

Five years later, almost everything's just in my master bedroom...it's easier

I of course never have anyone in the master wing, which is upstairs and is contained in its own wing of the house...I've always been private, and rarely even let people to the top floor on my house...which is all sleeping/bedrooms/private areas...

Anyhow, back on topic, it was scaled to be big, 800sq feet with 12ft vaulted ceilings...which is nice for a work are too

So, just do it, it's fun, I eventually found a better use for the space, but that's all personal decisions...

I've been designing my dream house for years. Once I found my ab/dl side I added a playroom to my designs. It's still a work in progress but I hope to build it in the future.

I've been mentally planning this out for several years. My little side tends to vary a bit, but normally I am a 5-year-old who is advanced in some ways (can read) but behind in others (still needs pull-ups and sometimes uses a paci or bottle) so most of it would reflect around that.

Probably the only "adult baby" furniture I'd consider is a changing table, which would be stocked with abri-flex pull-ups for daytime (until someone invents an AB pull-up) and Bambinos for night or when I want to wear in the daytime. I'd probably have a bunk bed set and switch between the two depending on how I feel, or convert the lower one into a "cave" of sorts.

Bookshelves filled with books ranging from simple picture books to a few small chapter books (pretty much whatever someone in the early elementary school years would read), and a dresser filled with kiddie clothes like jammies (both footed and otherwise), overalls/shortalls, cute shirts, etc... maybe a few cloth diapers just for variety. Might also have a slightly smaller TV to watch kid movies and shows.

Toys, anything "buildable" like LEGOS, wooden blocks, tinker toys, etc... also would like one of those wooden train tables, and lots and lots of stuffed animals.

Ideally it'd also have its own bathroom, which I would little-ify as well with bath toys and towels/rags with cute prints, and kid shampoos and soaps.

Also, dinosaurs. Dinosaurs everywhere. Toys, bedding, clothes, movies, books... pretty much.

Really it seems pretty simple when I write it out like this.

In response to the OP, I think my dream playroom would be just a little space, and not have 'something for everyone'. It wouldn't be a space I'd want to share with anyone except my GF, and I think I'd also find it kind of jarring to have adult things in an area designed primarily for the purpose of regression.

As for what I'd like - I think I'd want a mostly babyish playroom, though I'd probably also have a few older kids toys like Skalextric, Lego or a toy train set. I'd like to have a crib, somewhere for all my plushies to sit, a changing mat, and things like Toot-Toot cars and a big shelf of all my favourite baby books for Mommy to read to me. I think I'd also have a TV in there, so I could watch all my favourite little shows before naptime (if I have the luxury of a nap!) or bedtime.

So, nobody thought of a ball pit ? I guess I am the only one who likes them If I could have a playroom, I would definitely put a Ball pit in there, with mazes,slides and tunnels, I loved them when I was a kid, and I still do

This Ball pit playground would be ideal, it's just so awesome , not that big or it would't fit in a room it would be somewhat small but with those same principles.
    Besides that, the floor in the room would be covered in coloured foam play mats and Legos since they're my favourite toys, a big pile of plushies in the corner, and footie jammies and diapers in my closet . Just a comfy, warm but awesome place to play around of course with friends

I would be the happiest little with a playground like that and I will build one, It probably won't be super expensive, but a small ball pit is a must , what do you guys think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Littledaimon View Post
    So, nobody thought of a ball pit ? I guess I am the only one who likes them If I could have a playroom, I would definitely put a Ball pit in there, with mazes,slides and tunnels, I loved them when I was a kid, and I still do

This Ball pit playground would be ideal, it's just so awesome , not that big or it would't fit in a room it would be somewhat small but with those same principles.
    Besides that, the floor in the room would be covered in coloured foam play mats and Legos since they're my favourite toys, a big pile of plushies in the corner, and footie jammies and diapers in my closet . Just a comfy, warm but awesome place to play around of course with friends

I would be the happiest little with a playground like that and I will build one, It probably won't be super expensive, but a small ball pit is a must , what do you guys think ?
    I think that'd be cool. If I had enough land for it, ideally I'd love to build an adult-sized playground with swings, slides, teeter-totters, etc. Maybe have an indoor part that would be a ball pit like that. I think that would be neat, expensive though.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    There was never a point where Lego stopped being awesome.
    Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever! Lego's are interesting up to this day. Favorite is the aircraft carrier and the lego jumbo cargo plane.