Thread: Need advice on dealing with parents...

Default Need advice on dealing with parents...

Hi Everyone-- Wanted to get your input on dealing with parents. I haven't been home to see family in a couple of years, and I will be flying home for a week next month. I have also been wearing 24/7 for quite a long while, with only the occasional break. I still have control of my bladder as far as I know. I reeeally don't want to be without diapers for that long, so I am considering wearing them home.

Should I tell them? Over the last couple of years, I have had some health problems that have required surgeries, as well as some major back problems. I could always attribute the diapers to need from one of those issues. I would feel bad lying, although it would be very believable.

If I told them, it would be off my chest, and I could probably ship some diapers there to save room in my suitcase. Or I could do without, and probably be running to the bathroom often due to my shrunken bladder.

What do you think?

Thanks for your time and suggestions.

Brett

I think I would wait until it became necessary? But if your bladder is shrunk, perhaps telling is the way to go. You could skirt the issue and tell them that you have some modifications to your health status. Regardless, I think you end at the same point, having to tell.

There's really only two outcomes here. Either you don't wear diaper for a week, which should be easy enough to do. The other option is that you probably will have to tell, because assuming you would use the diapers, they would then have to be disposed, and that's very difficult to hide. They will be heavy if wet, and will eventually smell.

If you do tell, you might as well be honest. You're an adult and in charge of your own life. I assume you work and support yourself. If so, you have a right to your chosen lifestyle, and shouldn't be judged for something that trivial. The sun will still come up in the morning, and everyone will be safe to face another day. What I'm saying is that your parents should accept this as you are an adult, capable of making these kinds of decisions for yourself.

The problem is that all parents are different, and you know them better than any of us. Use your best judgement and make your decision wisely.

It might be best to hold off to say the least because you are not incontinent but you do have health problems but they don't seem severe enough to grab some diapers and claim this thing a major issue to become padded. If things are different, then I think that might be wise unless your considering the possible effects of what they are going to have towards you. Unless your Incontinent, you may not get the answer you are expecting. You don't want to immediately claim "health problem" when you mention "diapers". You should take into consideration on what and how you approach this. You want to be calm and explain the situation on what you are going. How you have been handling this for a long time and you are more comfortable undergoing this rather than spending all the extra money with medication and extra equipment. Is she aware of these health issues? This is kinda russian roulette because no one will know what kind of answer you are going to get because each family member is different. You want to take into consideration of how a parent adapts to one another,

A strict parent would probably say no (Unless your IC)
    A relaxed parent would be delighted to experiment with what you are doing (IE=Helping you out, maybe concerned but if your happy, she is happy)
    A stern parent would be worried and go nuts with medication and research on how to fix you up
    A non-caring parent would not care what you do at all (Possibly the worst parent you can have for this one)

I would also ask her how will her respect adapt to all of this when you change your ways up a littlebit. It should benefit you just to make yourself healthier and easier on you and for everyone, not to stress out anyone to say the least. You would probably feel better if you got it off your chest but if you told her, then why would you want to hide them in the suitcase? IF she knows eventually and she is aware of this problem, then you should not play a hiding game or else she really might be concerned if your taking this diaper thing more serious that everyone would thought. Just store them in a drawer if she is understanding.

I wish you the best of luck.

I think there are two things to consider.

One is your parents' attitude toward alternate lifestyles. If they're not even okay with homosexuality or otherwise very judgmental, I'd suggest you avoid telling them. If they seem generally open, you're on better ground.

The second is their concern for you. Being required to wear diapers is a big deal, and they might think your health problems are worse than you're telling them if you lie and say it's medical. If you tell the truth, you might have them worry about your future, especially if they don't know q community of similar people exists out there.

I think if you do tell, it should only be if they're open and you can have a conversation about it. If you can go without for a bit longer than you'd like, I think that might be the way to go.

Thanks for the ideas guys, I really appreciate it. I think I am going to just do without for that week. I would hate to have my mom worry about me. I would feel just awful if she did.

One other thing I thought of that also helped make up my mind not to wear: I wonder if she found diapers or other ab/dl paraphernalia when I was younger living at home, and didn't tell me. That would be terrible if she did, and I came home wearing diapers now.

Thanks again

I think this is the best of all the possibilities. It just eliminates a lot of problems, and it's just for a week. I'll go without diapers for a couple of weeks over the Christmas holidays as I have my kids coming home, some with their kids. It's a time when I bag and hide all. Hang in there.

That is a very interesting example. Also, keep your padding away from special occasions like birthdays and graduations. You want to spend every moment when them instead of your "diaper"

Your "39" so you still have plenty of time to think about this whether it is time you really want to do this by asking and feeling less conscience about yourself, or wait till you feel more comfortable about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by thickdiapers
    One other thing I thought of that also helped make up my mind not to wear: I wonder if she found diapers or other ab/dl paraphernalia when I was younger living at home, and didn't tell me. That would be terrible if she did, and I came home wearing diapers now.
    I'm sure if she did not tell you up to this point, she might have either forgotten or she never knew about it. My mom would jump on my case if she found out something rather that wait or even play this "good cop or bad cop" crap with me. I would highly doubt she knew if she found out several years later. I can not remember half the stuff I did in my childhood because I fill my brain up wit so much junk that I can not even bare to have happy memories inside. (well that and college so )

Again, if your in this "absolutely" stage, then feel at ease when telling instead of being rushful or jumping to any stage.

If your strong, it might be best to wait and re-think the parent stages I listed above and list how your mom is.

A strict parent would probably say no (Unless your IC)
    A relaxed parent would be delighted to experiment with what you are doing (IE=Helping you out, maybe concerned but if your happy, he/she is happy)
    A stern parent would be worried and go nuts with medication and research on how to fix you up
    A non-caring parent would not care what you do at all (Possibly the worst parent you can have for this one)
    Wishing you the best of luck in all of this.