Thread: How do I fix an iPod that keep crashing out of apps?

Default How do I fix an iPod that keep crashing out of apps?

I have this iPod it's the very first one with the camera (forgive me for not knowing witch gen it is) ill be surfing the web or playing around in an app and then boom it closes out on me. I've tried resetting it and that didn't help. Is there a way to fix it or is my iPod ready for the gadget retirement home?

It's not the machine, but the apps in most cases. The best scenario is that you can identify the behavior causing the crash and avoid it until it's patched.

Worst case, you're on a piece of equipment that's too old to run the latest versions of stuff, so it will never get fixed.

Before you drop a bunch of cash on new machinery, see if you can test when it happens and on what apps. If it's a specific one, somebody might have experience with a workaround.

What IOS are you running? Go to settings>General>About>look for Version also what apps are crashing?

I was curious about this thread since I maintain my wife's Ipad. I do remember reading an article about apps which crash. We had trouble with my wife's losing the sound and disconnecting from our wifi. I eventually bout "Ipads for Dummies and reformatted her Ipad, putting everything up in the cloud and bringing it back. She's not had any problems since then.

When you sync your iDevice with iTunes, iTunes will download all crash logs to your computer.

• On Windows Vista or later: C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<your device name>
    • On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<your device name>
    • On Mac OS X: <your home folder>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<your device name>

Every time an application crashes, a crash log is created. A crash log contains the reason why and the circumstances in which an application crashed. If you need help with understanding the crash log, just ask.

The first iPod touch with a camera was the fourth generation. As it only has 256MB of RAM, I'm guessing iOS is killing your applications because they're consuming to much memory. Check the crash logs to be sure.