Thread: Diaper tapes why is it ?

Default Diaper tapes why is it ?

As title , why do tapes on plastic diapers hold better than cloth like ones apart from Tena ultima as they have a plastic landing zone ?
    I ask because once my combslip are taped up they don't move when I sleep yet cloth like do !

The difference lies in adhesive versus velcro. Adhesive doesn't "migrate" from one space to another, but velcro - since it's based on the fabric itself - can move slightly over time. Adhesive is bound to provide a better grip or hold because it's creating a chemical bond with the plastic. That said, tapes come loose enough on the Abenas I wear to make me think of switching to Tena or something with a cloth-like cover.

I was going to say the same thing. That and the strength of the tape is more durable than most tapes.

I wonder if they make adhesive tapes
    Last edited by Snivy; 12-Nov-2014 at 17:28. Reason: Was typing on a phone, now on my computer.