Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety when wearing.

Default Anxiety when wearing.

Hi guys,

So whenever I wear a nappy I tend to feel very anxious about how I'm positioning myself when sitting or lying when wetting or after a wetting.
    For some reason I feel that I'll leak badly if I'm not lying flat or sitting upright. Probably due to a lack of trust in the nappy even though I've never leaked a tena maxi.

Any advice?

Put something down like a towel, and wiggle a bit trying to get it to leak. You'll feel better if it doesn't, and if it does, you'll know how much it'll take so you know when to change it or be careful

Ive used a towel before as well, but wanted something with a plastic back.

Last time I made an order, I got a pack of absorbent underpads for laying over the bed/chair/couch etc. Just a little extra piece of mind for leaks, since I'm totally not into plastic pants. The same one followed me around for a weekend when I knew I was going to be sitting/sleeping for an extended period, and eventually it did its job when I had an inevitable leak.

I first had the idea when I was cleaning out our pet supply bin and came across an old sample of puppy housetraining pee-pads. I'm 99% certain they were exactly the same product (not even just similar, THE SAME) as the ones I ordered with my diapers, lol.

Your anxiety should be whether you get caught or not by people while your wearing. That's the biggest fear we all have to face if we get caught, not if it leaks.

For practice, it is best to stand up while urinating so it does not leak right out. Tell how much your diaper can withstand and you have your answer. Of course (as everyone suggested) use a towel and sit on it or lay down on it. Consider what kind? It does not matter.

Good positions are: Sitting, standing, laying on stomach or back.
    Bad positions are: Handstands, sides, legs up(This one varies).

Jajastinkybinky

I had to trial one day. I wet the first few times with a towel and got no leaks. After I lost faith in the towel I stood in the shower. It took about 5 long wettings before it started to leak. Now I know the limits. I use Cuddlz brand, Due to my medical problem though please understand 5 long wettings is the equilivlent of a 5 year old. You really have to know you're own bladder and diaper you are using. Most of us use them for comfort to help ease anxiety away, If its causing anxiety you really need to trial untill oh ohhhh

I've sometimes used towels to sit on. But if I'm really worried about a leak, I'll place a Goodnites Bedmet down. I'm sure something like a puppy training pad, could also be used, and might be cheaper. I haven't compared prices on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    I've sometimes used towels to sit on. But if I'm really worried about a leak, I'll place a Goodnites Bedmet down. I'm sure something like a puppy training pad, could also be used, and might be cheaper. I haven't compared prices on them.
    Those are a good fix and there are also changing pads, such as this: http://www.babykins.com/store/adult-...nge-pad-90103/ for something reusable. I can't get the ones that you could just wipe down in the event of a leak anymore but these are certainly a good insurance policy.

I think once you get to know the diapers you are wearing you will figure out their limits. I have worn a lot of different diapers and know which ones are prone to leaking in particular situations. I also keep a reusable bed pad when I think the diaper might leak, such as sitting at the computer and the damper is close to capacity, but I'm not ready to change out of it yet.

I would agree with the "practice makes perfect" idea. Not only will you get a feel for how much you can wet before you'll leak, you can also get used to wetting, and not feel as anxious. If you can get some time to yourself, try going diapered for several hours, and drink more water than usual. You'll have lots of opportunities to wet your diaper and see that it's OK. (In a sense, this is sort of the exact opposite of potty training!) Basically, you'll get a good feel for how well your diapers hold up, and you'll also have lots of practice wetting to relieve your anxiety.

Even if you can't devote a ton of time to this, you'll still get the same effect by using them over time when you can. It can be hard to get past some of the mental blocks around wetting, like anxiety. But with time it'll be natural, and enjoyable! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    Your anxiety should be whether you get caught or not by people while your wearing. That's the biggest fear we all have to face if we get caught, not if it leaks.
    Actually, this makes more sense in my case. We need to have our new driveway sealed, and they called tonight saying they were coming tomorrow morning. I had a nice night of diaper wearing planned since my wife has no appointments for tomorrow. I would have to drive her. So tonight I'll be sleeping in sweatpants rather than the footie jammies I had planned. That way, if I have to answer the door early in the morning, they won't be able to tell. At least that's my grand plan.

As for leaking, I usually wear this combination of Goodnites, then night weight gauze pre-fold cloth diaper and plastic pants. I never leak with that combination, though I don't push its limits. The Goodnites eliminate the smell factor, so I should be safe to answer the door should the dreaded knock come.

"What is that tapping, tapping at my chamber door? Quote the driveway guy, hahahahahahaha........ Is that a diaper? Hahahahahaha......"

Yeah, I've learned my lesson. Nevermore.