Thread: Does anyone play SimCity any more?

Default Does anyone play SimCity any more?

I may be dating my self; but I still like to build cities in SimCity 4 Rush Hour and drive the cars boats trains around. I have cities with 300,000 plus people and Hundreds of millions of dollars. I still love playing it. Am I old fashion doing this??

Quote Originally Posted by DLbillAL View Post
    I may be dating my self; but I still like to build cities in SimCity 4 Rush Hour and drive the cars boats trains around. I have cities with 300,000 plus people and Hundreds of millions of dollars. I still love playing it. Am I old fashion doing this??
    I play the "new" Sim City that came out about 2 years ago. The one that everyone hates cause you have to be online to play. Well, once you get over that, it's an awesome game. I could literally spend ALL DAY playing it. Once I got so involved I forgot to go to bed. And yes, I've been playing SimCity when it was by Maxis and you could load it from a 3.5" floppy. I love simulation games in general. Just got The Sims 4. *ducks for cover at all the haters* Haven't played much with it but actually I think it's a bit *too* complicated now. The Sims 2 and 3 are still my favorites.

I've played simcity a lot myself, I have everything since sim city 2000 special edition. I suck at it. . . lol.

I played SimCity a bit many years ago (the SC 3000 version). I always enjoyed it at the beginning (when you're struggling not to go bankrupt), but when the city became too large it was not so much fun anymore. Therefore I never got to really big city sizes.

In general, I prefer the sim-transportation games, like Transport Tycoon or Simutrans. I still play these from time to time, like 2x per year, I always lock myself in the room for 20 or more hours. I also like Civilization (mainly Civ 2, not so much the newer versions).

Is SimCity 4 Rush Hour more transport-heavy (as the name would suggest) than the older SimCity versions? I might give it a try.

I havent played sim city in over a year. this was before the offline and the future update came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
    I played SimCity a bit many years ago (the SC 3000 version). I always enjoyed it at the beginning (when you're struggling not to go bankrupt), but when the city became too large it was not so much fun anymore. Therefore I never got to really big city sizes.

In general, I prefer the sim-transportation games, like Transport Tycoon or Simutrans. I still play these from time to time, like 2x per year, I always lock myself in the room for 20 or more hours. I also like Civilization (mainly Civ 2, not so much the newer versions).

Is SimCity 4 Rush Hour more transport-heavy (as the name would suggest) than the older SimCity versions? I might give it a try.
    I'm not sure, i only had the normal sim city 4 with no expansion packs.

Avalanche - You may want to get the SimCity 4 Deluxe set that has Rush Hour in it. The two disks have all the reward type items that can be earned by driving the different cars, planes, trains missions. When you succeed before the timer goes out, you earn unlock the reward item much faster that earning it. I just love driving the different missions. Plus you can do free will driving as well. Bill

I still play SimCity 4 too. I have the deluxe version, bought it again on a steam sale. My old cd was getting dodgy anyways

The hours just fly when I start playing.

I highly recommend getting the NAM mod, it ads tons of new roads, modular highways, railways etc.
    Check out simtropolis.com or sc4devotion.com for that mod and plenty more.

Here is some pics I took (and probably posted on simtropolis at some time)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SunkenRail-n-Tram.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	22557

Name:	RHW-Bowtie-Suburbs.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	22559

Name:	Rural-Diamond.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	22560

Name:	BowTie-Detail.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	22561

Name:	RiverFront.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	22562

Quote Originally Posted by DLbillAL View Post
    Avalanche - You may want to get the SimCity 4 Deluxe set that has Rush Hour in it.
    Thanks Bill. I think I may give myself a christmas present.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortGuy View Post
    Here is some pics I took ...
    The graphics looks really good. So much detail! (don't laugh, I spent most of my gaming hours in the late 1990's / early 2000's)

I'm sold.