Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animal Crossing (City Folk/Let's Go to the City)

Default Animal Crossing (City Folk/Let's Go to the City)

So, I just got the game last week and have been playing a lot. Thing is, I've only got one friend to visit and frankly his town is getting a bit old. So, any AC players on here? It would be nice to have some new friends.

And oh, My town's full of peaches. So if you don't wanna play with me, at least send me some nice new fruit, would you? Not that there's anything wrong with peaches of course

My friend code is: 1032-6085-7660
    Name: Sei
    Town: Farville

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I've got Wii Speak too if that makes anybody any happier.

I'll keep this in mind whenever Gamefly sends it...I won't have the Wii Speak thing though...

I have it, and would love to play!
    name: Corbin
    Town: Yaoivill
    FC: 2621-6716-5086
    Lets set up a time when we can play.

I don't see how this game can be much different from the other two. They added, what, a city? They should have added more than that. It's just the same game with a few little additions. And I know one feature that would have made me almost forced to buy it.... the ability to create an animal character. It's called Animal Crossing and all the others are animals, so why can't you play as one too? They actually took out a feature too, didn't they? There aren't any NES games like in the first one.

Are there any other new features in this game that I don't know about? I would have been very happy to get this game if I actually felt that it had more major improvements. I was looking forward to it! Unfortunately, it just seems like it would be the same game all over again. I already bought the last two Animal Crossing games. I don't want to pay for practically the same game a third time! But.... I may get this someday when the price goes down, or if my friends start begging me to get it (though I think most of them feel the same way as me). I'm sure it would be a really great game for people who haven't played the others though.
    Last edited by ShippoFox; 27-Jan-2009 at 00:41.

Ill open my gates nao if you can come

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo
    I'll keep this in mind whenever Gamefly sends it...I won't have the Wii Speak thing though...
    Sounds good. My town could use a cow. And if you don't have the Wii Speak an USB keyboard makes communicating pretty easy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    I don't see how this game can be much different from the other two. They added, what, a town? They should have added more than that. It's just the same game with a few little additions. And I know one feature that would have made me almost forced to buy it.... the ability to create an animal character. It's called Animal Crossing and all the others are animals, so why can't you play as one too? They actually took out a feature too, didn't they? There aren't any NES games like in the first one.

Are there any other new features in this game that I don't know about? I would have been very happy to get this game if I actually felt that it had more major improvements. I was looking forward to it! Unfortunately, it just seems like it would be the same game all over again. I already bought the last two Animal Crossing games. I don't want to pay for practically the same game a third time! But.... I may get this someday when the price goes down, or if my friends start begging me to get it (though I think most of them feel the same way as me). I'm sure it would be a really great game for people who haven't played the others though.
    From what I've heard there isn't a big difference between the DS version and the Wii version. So if you've already played that a lot it might be a good idea to skip this one. I haven't played any of the other games, so it's all fresh to me.

About the city; The IGN video review said that it was basically just stuff from the earlier games moved to one place. I honestly find the whole city thing a bit annoying and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Corbimoo View Post
    Ill open my gates nao if you can come
    Sorry. Going to bed now (12.54 AM here). I'll add you later though. Yaoivill sound just like my kind of place

Ooo... Ill try to be awake at 3am my time (should be 9am? at your time) if thats okay...

So it really is just pretty much a port from DS to Wii. What a disappointment... but I guess it's an easy way for Nintendo to make money. I just hope that the next game has major improvements, though it could be a long time until it comes out (if they make one).

Quote Originally Posted by PadDaBrat View Post
    Sounds good. My town could use a cow. And if you don't have the Wii Speak an USB keyboard makes communicating pretty easy anyway.
    Let me just pull an extra one of those out of my ass

There is a website for finding Animal Crossing friends and whatnot...Animalcrossingcommunity.com...I'm Pojocrossing on there :3