Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: cystoscopy results/ incontinence treatment

  1. #1

    Default cystoscopy results/ incontinence treatment

    So i had my first Cystoscopy today.
    It was more painful than I anticipated however was mainly bearable. The anaesthetic was painful and the water being pumped in was very uncomfortable.
    Thankfully it ended much quicker than I expected.
    Following the procedure I was told to go to the bathroom and then get dressed.
    I urinated as much as possible which unfortunately wasn't much and while was finishing dressing myself the rest of my bladder emptied so I ended up having to borrow a pair of pants from one of the nurses which was a very embarrassing experience thankfully the staff were very kind.
    The urologist said that the cystoscopy showed nothing abnormal with my bladder urethra or prostate.
    So now in several months I will be undergoing urodynamics i have no rough date for it yet as there is generally a waiting list for the procedure and it has to be done at a relatively large hospital.
    As the ditropan I was taking was not helping at all and was only causing side effects my urologist told me to stop taking it.
    When I asked about "protection" i was told to talk with my regular doctor about it so I have made an appointment for early December
    apologies for yet another massive wall of text post.
    as always feel free to ask questions or comment I welcome any response.

  2. #2

    Default

    Seems like they should've offered some kind of disposable pad after the procedure... I have not experienced any of these types of testing procedures; though I may need to before terribly long...

    I actually do appreciate your rather detailed report...

    I hope they get you sorted out without too much more trouble too!

    -Marka

  3. #3

    Default

    Sax been though that Im awaiting my flow dynamic testing as well They found nothing on my cysto either but they have given me the diagnosis of painful bladder syndrome they found no cysts and from what my docs have said in some cases you may not have cysits so its protection 24 7 and had been for some time
    they are also going to do an exploratory of my abdomen as they suspect that I may have a mesh inside me from a hernia operation that i had when i was 3 and the mesh will not show up on a ct scan so they have to look manually I know and under stand what your going though

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    Seems like they should've offered some kind of disposable pad after the procedure... I have not experienced any of these types of testing procedures; though I may need to before terribly long...

    I actually do appreciate your rather detailed report...

    I hope they get you sorted out without too much more trouble too!

    -Marka
    I told them about my incontinence before the procedure they basically said if I have an accident its fine and that there was nothing that could really be done if it were to happen.
    It is worth noting that what happened to me wasn't common most people just go to the bathroom empty their bladder and have no problems following the procedure unfortunately for me that wasn't the case for me.
    I will once again say that while it was very embarrassing the nurses were incredibly nice and helpful.
    I will also say that I'm glad that i have the urologist I do he explains everything very well knows what he is doing and made the procedure very quick.

    - - - Updated - - -

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by Crinklemedic View Post
    Sax been though that Im awaiting my flow dynamic testing as well They found nothing on my cysto either but they have given me the diagnosis of painful bladder syndrome they found no cysts and from what my docs have said in some cases you may not have cysits so its protection 24 7 and had been for some time
    they are also going to do an exploratory of my abdomen as they suspect that I may have a mesh inside me from a hernia operation that i had when i was 3 and the mesh will not show up on a ct scan so they have to look manually I know and under stand what your going though
    Lets hope that things work out well for the both of us.
    At the moment I'm just relieved that something is finally being done about my situation.
    Im also somewhat glad that I was given permission to come off the medication I was on as it did nothing to help at all while giving me a myriad of annoying side effects.

  5. #5

    Default

    It'g good that you had this and the upcoming urodynamics test. I had both tests about 7 years ago and it was very painful during the insertion of the catheter tube. I was in so much pain that they thought about not doing it. Anyway, nothing terrible found except for enlarged prostate (non-bacterial prostatitis) and unstable detrusor muscle. My bladder empties automatically at around 100-120 ml so when they pumped the water in me it just came out all over the disposable pad that I was lying on. It was embarrassing, but at the same time some level of validation for my condition. I've taken the drugs too with little help and unpleasant side effects. A neurogenic bladder isn't the worse thing in the world.

    Best of luck on everything.

  6. #6

    Default

    ... so a rather annoying update
    I received a letter today from the hospital where I'm having my urodynamics testing done informing me that im on the waiitng list and that the estimated waiting time will be 6-12 months...
    this situation keeps getting more frustrating...

  7. #7

    Default

    Ridiculous isn't it.

    After a physical back in September, doctor found a mass on my testicle. . . just now getting around to seeing a urologist, who will likely order his own tests/scans before saying anything. They don't think it is cancer, but heck what if it was. . . I could've been a dead man before they decide what to do about it.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by LittleAaron View Post
    Ridiculous isn't it.

    After a physical back in September, doctor found a mass on my testicle. . . just now getting around to seeing a urologist, who will likely order his own tests/scans before saying anything. They don't think it is cancer, but heck what if it was. . . I could've been a dead man before they decide what to do about it.
    Back when my incontinence started I was referred to a urologist at a major hospital the problem being that I was basically on a waiting list to be on a waiting list so after waiting almost a year I decided to bite the bullet and got myself referred to a urologist who wasnt fully covered by medicare since I didnt want to spend another year waiting for nothing to happen
    granted now that I have this huge waiting time for my next procedure that may be the case anyway

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-Nov-2014, 09:10
  2. Is cystoscopy painful?
    By Duckey in forum Incontinence
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 18-Sep-2012, 08:04
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-Jun-2012, 03:03
  4. Booked in for a Flexible Cystoscopy
    By jamie72 in forum Incontinence
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-Mar-2012, 07:49
  5. Possible treatment for chronic bowel incontinence
    By Grace22 in forum Incontinence
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-Jul-2011, 10:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.