Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diaper shopping

Default diaper shopping

while today i went shopping for goodnites for girls at target everything was fine until i got to the checkout and this pretty woman rang my goodnites up wow was i blushing. So anyone have any stories about buying diapers recently?

Yep! I went to changingtimesdiaperco.com last week, ordered a couple of prefolds and booster pads, and clicked "check out." It was a blush-free experience.

Tbh I'm so used to it plus I'm a few years older than I was when I started that I just carry my purchase to the register like it's nothing. Being 25 instead of 19 makes it a lot easier to buy Goodnites without feeling out of place, I could very well have a kid of that age =P i guess it also helped that I bought girls' clothes for myself for a few years, so that got my nerves desensitized

Years ago when I was still under 17 I went into walgreens and bough a package of medium depend max whatever, they were very clearly tape on adult diapers. I ended up paying for them at the prescription counter and the woman who scanned it/processed the payment was likely either in or freshly out of college. 90% sure she figured they were for me but likely figured I had a bedwetting issue.

I used to only buy my diapers at one grocery store near my house because they had self-checkout registers. I had the system down so I could just scan the barcode and be out in less than 5 minutes. Then, I got older and started buying diapers at a bunch of different places. I used to be afraid of people saying something but now I could care less. I buy from Target, Wal-Mart, CVS, Walgreens, etc. with no problems.

I did get a weird look one time from a male cashier at CVS though who saw I was buying CVS brand training pants and Goodnites. It's easy to get away with one package, but two looks a little odd. Oh well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Years ago when I was still under 17 I went into walgreens and bough a package of medium depend max whatever, they were very clearly tape on adult diapers. I ended up paying for them at the prescription counter and the woman who scanned it/processed the payment was likely either in or freshly out of college. 90% sure she figured they were for me but likely figured I had a bedwetting issue.
    How do you think she could tell? She could have also assumed you were buying them for a parent, grandparent, etc. with bladder problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I did this once, but the guy at the Rx counter was older (probably 60-ish) and he was super understanding. I asked if I could ring up purchases back there, he said yeah, I brought the bag back and told him thanks because it was kinda embarrassing to walk through the store because I saw friends in the store, and he was just 110% chill about it. Rx counter people are always chill because they see a lot of people get a lot of medicine so another person with a health issue isn't strange to them

Quote Originally Posted by PearlPinkFloydJam View Post
    How do you think she could tell? She could have also assumed you were buying them for a parent, grandparent, etc. with bladder problems.
    Bought them in the back of the store even though it was a slow day, asked for paper bag too I think.

I usually just order online. Mostly because Only diapers in stores around me, are baby diapers and depends.

I buy Johnson's baby lotion and baby oil all the time at our Krogers, as well as baby wipes. I've occasionally bought Goodnites, but more recently I've been ordering those through Amazon.

Once however, I was buying Goodnites at Walmart, and a man who was behind me started laughing. When you think about it, who was the idiot? He didn't know for whom I was buying them. I figure, if someone laughs at you, they must me an idiot.

I usually just buy online but I have bought goodnights in store and I just use the self check out lane at Wal-Mart. I also buy baby wipes in stores and no one cares.