Thread: Bottle feeding tips

Default Bottle feeding tips

I recently purchased a NUK baby bottle for my SO, with a 6+ month nipple (as I cannot afford the adult size from NUK right now). I would like to be able to feed my SO with it, but I'm also not entirely sure on what to use or what positions would be best. So far we've tried chocolate milk (at their request, since they didn't want warm milk), and they laid down beside me. Chocolate milk sits heavy on the stomach, though, so I've been trying to think of other things. They are taller than me, as well, so trying to hold them is somewhat tricky. I was wondering if anybody might have any advice about anything I can try. Thanks so much! (Sorry if this post looks odd at all, I'm on mobile.)

I drink half cranberry juice and half ginger ale from mine. I know that sounds weird, but it's very good on the stomach, and good for the kidneys. The cranberry juice is also a diuretic, so if one wants to wet their diaper, the cranberry juice facilitates that. Mothers typically give their little ones juice, so why not cranberry juice?

I like juice in mine. Maby they could lay their head on a pillow in your lap, I've done it that way before.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I drink half cranberry juice and half ginger ale from mine. I know that sounds weird, but it's very good on the stomach, and good for the kidneys. The cranberry juice is also a diuretic, so if one wants to wet their diaper, the cranberry juice facilitates that. Mothers typically give their little ones juice, so why not cranberry juice?
    That's great info, I hadn't known before. I'll see if they like the taste of it. Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wyatt View Post
    I like juice in mine. Maby they could lay their head on a pillow in your lap, I've done it that way before.
    That's a great idea, I'll have to try it. Thank you!

I got the nippy pillow. It is called a travel pillow and I found it at Aldis and Good Will. Oddly enough it costs almost twice as much at Goodwill.

Quote Originally Posted by Havabird View Post
    I recently purchased a NUK baby bottle for my SO, with a 6+ month nipple (as I cannot afford the adult size from NUK right now). I would like to be able to feed my SO with it, but I'm also not entirely sure on what to use or what positions would be best. So far we've tried chocolate milk (at their request, since they didn't want warm milk), and they laid down beside me. Chocolate milk sits heavy on the stomach, though, so I've been trying to think of other things. They are taller than me, as well, so trying to hold them is somewhat tricky. I was wondering if anybody might have any advice about anything I can try. Thanks so much! (Sorry if this post looks odd at all, I'm on mobile.)
    Some good drinks are milk and juices. You want something light because drinking from a baby bottle is wayyy different than drinking from a sports bottle or even a can in the matter. A known position is tilting the head back onto your arm (Like I did with my niece) and gently resting the bottle over. You do have to be patient knowing the speed of how your SO will drink. It may be fast or slow. When babies drink, they may sometimes play with their bottle like not hardly drink so much so I don't know how your SO will be in that matter.

Good drinks are like orange juice, apple juice, and regular milk. (Never use soda, trust me and some other people that tried soda in their bottles)

If you really want to use baby formula, then Similac is a perfect starter. There are multiple flavors and different versions on how they will communicate with your SO. You have to decide which one is the best for your SO. It's either that milk or juices. Taste is always important so if your SO loves a sweet drink, then go for juices. If your SO likes thick drinks, then go for regular milk (Maybe strawberry since it is thin) or Similac (May smell disgusting, fair warning )