Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do you handle Stress?

Misatoismywaifu

Default How do you handle Stress?

I'm not too sure where I'm going with this but life is hard. Really, damn hard. How do you cope with it, the stress, pressure, bills etc. I want to know what you all do to decompress from the hectic fast paced madness of our hyper globalized existence on this little speck of dust we call earth. Me personally, I'm a horrible role model but I smoke Cigarettes and Chew Tobacco. Don't ever start. It's the Devil but it helps me deal with all the stress I'm Constantly under.

I used to unwind with wine, but since I started indulging, I switched to infantilism.

When work pressure goes up, the one thing that keeps me going is maintaining my composure. I find that keeping my cool, no matter how close I am to snapping, helps me deal with a situation better. Makes me feel better about myself in the end, too. Losing your temper at improper times only compounds your problems.

Personal pressure is different. And that, I can't really give advice for without first-hand experience, unless of course you want a dictionary of random meanderings.

Anyway, don't take it too hard. Life isn't meant to be easy; and if it was, it'd be boring. Hardship is how we grow to truly feel the joys in life.

Um, I put on a diaper, cuddle a stuffed animal and pretend that I'm not potty-trained. That's why I post here.

Outside of diapers, I'm a fan of long walks or a long gaming session if I have time. Something where you can put your mind someplace totally different than whatever is troubling you.

I go out and work in my yard with a diaper under my jeans. The yardwork helps work out stress and the diaper soothes me. I also joined a gym where I do NOT wear a diaper at. You can't solve all the problems at once. Take one at a time and do your best.

Well, aside from DL stuff, I usually just indulge in my other hobbies, mainly video games, anime, and vaping. But when I really need to rewind, and as per forum rules I'm not suggesting it as a proper method, I'll pack a bowl and light up. I barely drink alcohol anymore, but occasionally I'll have wine, gin, or rum. I also have several pets, and playing with them is always fun. Though, ferrets can cause more trouble than they help, but you get used to it and start ferret-proofing

Pretty much, I just do whatever I can to get my mind off the stress. I always unwind after work, sooooo pretty much everything is my getaway from stress, haha.

Sometimes it depends. For minor stress issue I would play computer games, watch anime. Moderate stress issues, go out somewhere usually near a beach(harborfront, sentosa boardwalk in my country) I would sit on the floor and look at the ferries/cruise ship(only available on every Wednesday), if it's close to dinner time, I'll spend a lot for a good meal. And if those 2 doesn't work out, I will go watch a late night movie alone. For major stress issues, I used to slit my wrist when I was younger, but I stopped doing.that because I felt that it was dumb. I just cry myself to sleep nowadays. Or use moderate stress cure.

I used to play a lot of computer games, but I've also used sports, playing men's league softball, etc. Now I bike ride and walk. The last seven years I worked on writing a novel, and that kept my mind busy. I still write and read, go for walks, bike ride and in general, try to escape mentally from the things that worry me.

At night, I'm usually diapered, but I tend to enjoy it less if I'm very stressed. My stress is related to my wife's health issues. They come and go, from crises to crises. It's really no way to live.

Having gone through law school, where a lot, and I mean A LOT of people took up smoking to handle the stress, I feel some sympathy for those of you that go there. I still wouldn't recommend it to anyone that's never smoked what with the lung cancer and everything, but once you've got that habit, there's no doubt that it works.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    At night, I'm usually diapered, but I tend to enjoy it less if I'm very stressed. My stress is related to my wife's health issues. They come and go, from crises to crises. It's really no way to live.
    It's really not. I'm always so sorry to hear about your wife. I don't think either of you deserve it, and I just hope you find happiness everywhere you can.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    Having gone through law school, where a lot, and I mean A LOT of people took up smoking to handle the stress, I feel some sympathy for those of you that go there. I still wouldn't recommend it to anyone that's never smoked what with the lung cancer and everything, but once you've got that habit, there's no doubt that it works.

It's really not. I'm always so sorry to hear about your wife. I don't think either of you deserve it, and I just hope you find happiness everywhere you can.
    Thanks. Today she had to get a new dialysis catheter, and they didn't put the correct caps on so we can't dialyze at home. We'll have to go to the dialysis center tomorrow to get the home dialysis caps, and then dialyze tomorrow night. We were in the hospital today from 12 noon until 5 pm. It was a long stressful day, and we still won't know until tomorrow if the catheter will work. It always has in the past, but we both still worry. The catheter is her plastic link to living, one dialyzed day to the next.

Misatoismywaifu

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post

Started Smoking and Dipping from the Military. You age in dog years in the Military. I looked at a Photo of me two years ago boyish face, chubby, carefree in comparison. Now I got graying hair, weathered face, more adult like and masculine facial features,bags under my eyes. The argument people make saying stress doesn't age you is a convenient lie. Look at anyone in the Military or our Presidents. Can't wait to get out sometimes. It's going to be weird going back to college where I'll be surrounded by 18 year old kids who've never left home. No offense to anyone who's never left home but your forced to grow up very quickly in the service.