Thread: Bambinos shipping?

Default Bambinos shipping?

Okay, so, I know it's discreet, reliable, and quick. I'm not worried about who sees it or whatever. What I wanna know is, do they ask someone to sign off on it when UPS delivers it or will they just leave it on your doorstep? I ask mainly because I don't know what time UPS delivers (I just moved today) and because of my work and sleep schedule, I can't guarantee I'll be at the door when they come by, and I've already had major issues with UPS not leaving packages at the door in past experiences. So, what are you guys' experiences with Bambinos shipping method?

It's probably at the driver's discretion. I had one that had to haul like crazy to get his route done and truck empty so he'd drop it off, knock once, and bolt. Other times, I would come home from work to a door slip and had to go to the terminal that evening to pick it up. I think having a porch or something to stash packages behind makes it more likely they'll just drop it for you.

If you want control over it, you can create a UPS My Choice account and sign for stuff online so they'll leave it for you, give instructions to the driver about where to leave packages, reroute to a different address, have them hold it at a UPS store for your pickup, etc.

Hope that helps.

Leave a note on your day saying "FedEx - please leave package on door step" and have your signature on it.
    Also, if you live in an apartment complex you can ask that they allow the office to sgn for it.

Quote Originally Posted by iWish View Post
    If you want control over it, you can create a UPS My Choice account and sign for stuff online so they'll leave it for you, give instructions to the driver about where to leave packages, reroute to a different address, have them hold it at a UPS store for your pickup, etc..
    Do you need the tracking number for that? Because they didnt send me one :c

Quote Originally Posted by GlitteredArtist View Post
    Leave a note on your day saying "FedEx - please leave package on door step" and have your signature on it.
    Also, if you live in an apartment complex you can ask that they allow the office to sgn for it.
    That's a good idea Now, I'll have to guess which day it'll be because I don't have the tracking number, if there even is one. Hmm...

EDIT: Scratch that for both, tracking number just came in a separate email and it does say a signature will be required. Hopefully one of these ideas will work thanks guys!

Ordered from Bambino dozens of times, with deliveries valued as much as $250. Never needed a signature before, and I live clear across the country from Bambino HQ.

When I lived in an apartment, they'd always leave the package with the main office. If you ship to a townhome/single family home, they'll drop it on your porch, ring the bell once, and be on their way if you don't respond in a few seconds.

Long story short: No. At least not in my experience.

It has gone both ways for me when I order from Bambino.
    As said, it probably up to the driver.
    So just keep in mind that it may be a possibility.

I have ordered from various companies and with various order values.

Here is my experience (yours may vary):

FedEx: Usually needs a signature. If you are not home and the driver will not leave the package, they will leave a note. On the note, you can select an option where (for future shipments) you authorize FedEx to leave the package without a signature. In my case, once I filled out the form, I never needed to sign for a package again.

UPS: This varied by driver. In one house I lived in, the driver always wanted a signature. In my present house, they never want a signature.

USPS: They always want a signature if the package was shipped certified or with a return receipt. Most companies do not ship this way.

A final thought: If the driver thinks the area where he needs to leave the package is too exposed, he may not leave it there even if no signature is required. I have no information on what FedEx, UPS and USPS drivers are supposed to do.