Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: uhh ohh guess I shudda changed that diaper sooner

Red face uhh ohh guess I shudda changed that diaper sooner

well how about you guys, tell us about one of those bad moments when you underestimated how full that nappy was so you kept dribbling and it ended up with you in a bad situation........as in a wet wet bum infront of your peers or a bunch of randos?

haha seems random, idk i just had one of those moments today. was in the student union doing hw and i could just tell, luckily it was late in the day and i had a big coat and a couple bags with me and i think i got out with minimal attention, and when i looked in the mirror the spot wasnt too bad so eh

watever though, but i did learn that when they say Dry 24/7 they dont actually mean 24 hrs. i think im going to start having a mandatory changing time after about 8 hrs regardless of if i think it has more capacity or not. just gets too risky after that long and the nappy starts loosening and sagging

but yeah anybody had some moments like that? how'd it go? make it out safe and alive? lol

Quote Originally Posted by wannabewallstreet View Post
    i think im going to start having a mandatory changing time after about 8 hrs regardless of if i think it has more capacity or not. just gets too risky after that long and the nappy starts loosening and sagging
    Yeah, you should do something like that no matter how used the diaper just for sanitary reasons. Microorganisms love warm and damp environments, 8 hours is getting up there (12 is my typical limit). It's one of the reasons I wonder about people who want diapers with even more capacity. There comes a point where the absorbency definitely outstrips the time that I'd want to be in the same article of clothing that's designed to trap moisture.

You could also try plastic pants with a pad of paper towels over the Dry 24/7. At least you would have some secondary protection and warning.

I always put lined plastic pants over disposables . . . except tonight since I am 100% dry. Ok I made a mistake I'll probably be paying for in the morning. Today I was a big girl and used the potty but yesterday I was going to change at five per my schedule but my work let me out late and I needed to go so I figured I 'd wet before changing. Bad idea. I had to change my pants and skirt but the wet spot was invisible. Good thing I had a towel handy and I did not have to sit down before I got changed.

I once greatly overestimated the capacity of Attents pullups and ended up with a pretty big wet spot under my pants. Luckily I was home alone so nobody caught me.

I attempted to test a couple bambinos up to their max capacity. My chair was none too pleased, and ended up needing to get cleaned up afterwards. I've also learned that going to bed in an already wet diaper and then waking up and flooding it tends to be a poor plan.

The things we do in the name of science. /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinating View Post
    I always put lined plastic pants over disposables . . . except tonight since I am 100% dry. Ok I made a mistake I'll probably be paying for in the morning. Today I was a big girl and used the potty but yesterday I was going to change at five per my schedule but my work let me out late and I needed to go so I figured I 'd wet before changing. Bad idea. I had to change my pants and skirt but the wet spot was invisible. Good thing I had a towel handy and I did not have to sit down before I got changed.
    I know!! thats always the dilemma, its like my diapers pretty wet but still has some mileage in it but honestly really just be changed like as soon as possible. then that actual urge hits, not the constant forced urge that results in maybe a few ounces, but the one that floods you nappy and leaves you paralyzed waiting for it to absorb everything

lucky it noticeable for you though!! but thats probably proof that you really just shouldnt be a big girl, probably best for you to stay diapered

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    Dry 24/7 handles up to 9-11 (lucky=12) hours of urination buddy haha
    Dry 24/7 + Bambino Teddy inside....couldnt tell ya still runnin that experiment, in excess of 14 hours at the moment and its lookin like another two hours on this essay. guess im stuck lol

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    I attempted to test a couple bambinos up to their max capacity. My chair was none too pleased, and ended up needing to get cleaned up afterwards. I've also learned that going to bed in an already wet diaper and then waking up and flooding it tends to be a poor plan.

The things we do in the name of science. /sigh
    this is exactly how i feel when i wake up in a nappy and decide to take a morning pee without getting up, typically ending up in profuse leakage and asking myself...why did i decide to do that again?

love the nappy testing - I too struggle with time but use Tena maxis and have added a terry nappy liner for additional softness and absorbency . Lasts longer and makes me aware of dampness. Plastic panties over th etop make me pretty watertight. Tincon

During the daytime I try not to go over 8 hours between changes. Also want some air out time if possible. For overnight
    it's pretty much the same. I'm dry when I go to bed but soaked in the morning when I get up. Although I wear cloth and
    plastic pants overnight so no leaks.