Thread: Bambinos in college?

Default Bambinos in college?

So, as an AB/DL college student, living out my AB/DL side is rough. For the past while, all I've been able to do is buy Goodnites from the local Kroger, but they are just too uncomfortable. They fit just enough to be wearable and useable, but they are uncomfortable as all get out. So, I've been considering buying Bambinos online.

Iím not concerned with what Iíll do once I have them; I know where to hide and my roommate isnít a snoop. My main concern is that our mail gets shipped directly to a campus-post office. Apparently, if the packaging is labeled wrong, they go through your package to make sure everything is ok. And there are some rumors that packages are opened at random. Iíve received mail from there numerous times, and never noticed any packages having been open and resealed. Obviously though, the stakes are a bit higher this time.

What do you think? Should I risk it? I have friends that work in that post office, and it would be less than ideal should I be discovered. My brain is telling me no, but I really want to try Bambinos. Any thoughts?

Get it shipped to a local UPS store. The store might charge a few bucks for holding it, but thats the price of privacy. College post offices are really unpredictable, so I personally wouldn't risk it.
    Last edited by Mawile; 06-Nov-2014 at 00:18. Reason: Typos

Personally I had a PO box at a post office nearby my college and house (I lived at home, not in a dorm) where I shipped sensitive items to and just picked it up from there.

I would think that buy college people should be old and mature enough to respect your privacy. If your friend did see your diapers and says anything, just say it medical and that should be the end of it; that is if he/she is a real friend. All of my friends know I wear diapers and aside from our mutual joking, nothing is ever said and there is no awkwardness.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it, but that's me...

Quote Originally Posted by SoggyDoggy View Post
    I would think that buy college people should be old and mature enough to respect your privacy. If your friend did see your diapers and says anything, just say it medical and that should be the end of it; that is if he/she is a real friend. All of my friends know I wear diapers and aside from our mutual joking, nothing is ever said and there is no awkwardness.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it, but that's me...
    Were they a medical diaper, that would work, but a case of Bambinos shows up and no one will think about medical needs. Likewise, "should" doesn't mean "is," college is probably worse than high school when it comes to maturity in circles of friends. If it was some random dude, it'd probably be easier, but since it's his friend working there, it's all that more likely it'll get opened up (if he could trust his friend not to, he probably wouldn't need to ask). And since his friend is allowed to search packages, there's nothing OP can do if he does. Likewise, OP, if you can trust your friend, maybe let him in on the secret. I wouldn't ask him specifically not to look because he may thing drugs, weapons, or something else you might try to smuggle in. So, if you can't trust your friend, take it to UPS or a PO box.

i honestly dont think you have anything to worry about. It's illegal, a federal crime, to open mail not addressed to you and furthermore Bambino is a reputable company. They always package their stuff neatly and discreetly. Also, im sure the office that they deliver packages to is just a receiving center for all packages that don't fit in your mail box. they wont mess with your package, anyway even if they do its only going to be to look inside for a invoice and thats usually right on top but assuming your having the package shipped to you in your own name then theres no issues. I wouldnt worry bout it so much, you only live once, get yourself a case of some bambinos

also, i dont just say this, when i went to a different college (than where im at now) a few years ago and i was living in the dorms I ordered a case of tranquility ATN's and a case of those is like 96 nappies if i remember so it was a big friggin box and there was no issue. I just went over to the office and picked up my package

obviously if you leave it there for like a few months they might be like WTF but for some reason i just dont think youd leave a case of nappies out to dry lol ORDER YOUR DIAPERS!!!!!!!! whoooooooootttttt

Quote Originally Posted by wannabewallstreet View Post
    It's illegal, a federal crime, to open mail not addressed to you
    Except (1) post offices are allowed to search suspicious packages (2) it is technically arriving at the college's address, regardless of the name on the package

Quote Originally Posted by Kanone View Post
    Get it shipped to a local UPS store. The store might charge a few bucks for holding it, but thats the price of privacy. College post offices are really unpredictable, so I personally wouldn't risk it.
    This ^^

I'm currently in school and I *usually* stick with bambinos as my go-to diaper. Most of the time I'll either use the UPS store, or have them held for pickup 'Will Call', or have them shipped to a family member's house who is aware of things where I can pick them up later.

I'd never get them sent to my dorm.