Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you think vanilla's (non Dl's) are as sensitive to smell as we are?

Question do you think vanilla's (non Dl's) are as sensitive to smell as we are?

random thought maybe so as I sit here in a freshly changed nappy in the library studying I can smell the ever so present odor of a wet nappy but its like just so slight.

do you think like sitting next to somebody in a quiet area inside like class or something that a vanilla person would have the same acute sense of smell?

idk i have never been around another person who is wearing a nappy so i only know my smell. has anybody hung around another whilst their nappied and you could smell it?

It depends on the person, but probably not.

also, if there is a very faint smell, it's probably hard for them to determine it came from you.

That said, if you do think you or your stuff smells bad enough that other people might notice, the polite thing to do is dispose of the offending article somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post

also, if there is a very faint smell, it's probably hard for them to determine it came from you.

That said, if you do think you or your stuff smells bad enough that other people might notice, the polite thing to do is dispose of the offending article somewhere.
    That's whats strange it is a fresh nappy!! idk when I am going to be diapered for long periods I like to use A&D ointment on my diaper parts after I shower before i diaper up and I feel like its a cross between the a&D, baby powder, and maybe a little peepee but yea believe me im not one to want the public involved in my fetish so I would def dispose of the article of offense. more just generally though. do you think people smell your scent of powder and ointment in passing?

I kno sometimes ill walk by like a pretty girl or something and I get the smell of baby powder/oil but thats like acceptable because many females use powder to keep their skin soft!! As they should!! lol

Let's put this into perspective: I can carry 3.5 grams of a certain strong smelling illegal substance in my backpack and most people don't notice. So unless you smell like you took a bath in piss you probably don't have to worry also, I've interviewed for a job minutes after changing out of a soaked Abena and they didn't hold anything against me (I got the job).

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post

That depends on how you define "bad". I happen to like the smell of fresh urine combined with baby powder. Non-DLs may disagree. Old urine not so much (in fact, not at all).

Pulluplover

Quote Originally Posted by Kanone View Post
    Let's put this into perspective: I can carry 3.5 grams of a certain strong smelling illegal substance in my backpack and most people don't notice.
    Maybe not for long....3 more states approved use yesterday.

Depends on what smell specifically and also how strong it is. Some people do have a better sense of smell than others, and it's definitely possible for the human nose to become desensitized to certain odors after prolonged exposure.

Definitely if you can smell it, others can smell it. If it's a bad smell (e.g. urine, body odor, etc.) you should definitely do what you can to mitigate it, even if it means not wearing diapers in public (though staying hydrated helps a lot).

Quote Originally Posted by Pulluplover View Post
    Maybe not for long....3 more states approved use yesterday.
    Wow. I was just talking to my gf how my state just switched from republican to democrat and how that might be good news for that since our republican rep was super against legalization. But yeh, legal or not, it still smells strongly, more so than urine, so I think if I can slide that past people, OP won't get noticed for the smell. Likewise, as someone else said, it'd be hard to pinpoint where the smell is coming from and also it's even less likely someone would bring it up.

Whether you're vanilla, ABDL, or like to cover yourself in nacho cheese, a person's sense of smell is not determined by one's fetish. Even if their sense of smell was acute enough to pick it up, I doubt they would even say anything, or at least say it directly to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ClandestineWing View Post
    Whether you're vanilla, ABDL, or like to cover yourself in nacho cheese, a person's sense of smell is not determined by one's fetish. Even if their sense of smell was acute enough to pick it up, I doubt they would even say anything, or at least say it directly to you.
    But how much someone notices a smell is determined by their interests. For example, I still have no idea what weed smells like. I'm sure I've smelled it before (I'm in college after all) but wasn't aware of what it was, so it likely just registered as "weird floral scent to be ignored" rather than "someones doing drugs!".