Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huggies putting less diapers in their packages?

Default Huggies putting less diapers in their packages?

Has anybody else noticed that in the last year or so Huggies keeps putting less diapers per pack then before?
    eg Huggies over nights size 6 had 60 diapers not long ago, then, 58, 54 and now
    where did the other 10 diapers go?
    their still charging the same price as when their were 60 in a box.

That's how these corporate companies are continuing to keep profits high with rising production costs. It's been happening in many different areas of sales.

Well, fewer diapers would be fine if that meant the diapers were bigger and thicker. But of course we know they aren't. That said, the fact that they're shrinking the packages now might mean that the diapers have gotten as thin as physically possible, which would also be good -- no more making *them* thinner! C'mon, somebody play spin doctor with me!

if the diapers were thicker would be nice.
    but i hate paying the same price for fewer diapers especially being on a tight budget to begin with.
    i'm sure other people are concerned about this too.

Most companies of consumable products do this. In general people are less likely to notice fewer items in the box than they are a rise in price.

The thing about diapers, particularly with the overnight kind like you mention--is that they can often get away with doing more or less what they want with their product.

Diapers are a necessity, and while there are a few different options out there/competition, it's not so broad as to cause them to fret about alienating customers. The overnights themselves probably have enough of a hold on that particular market that it doesn't really matter what they do to the price/quantity. People will still buy them out of sheer need.

that's just inflation for you. they can either raise the price or shrink the product.

those 4" tall pop cans still kill me when I see them...

Bryers ice cream did this years ago. The box kept getting smaller and smaller and the price either stayed the same or went up! I switched from Bryers to Turkey Hill. Consumers eventually will look for better alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Bryers ice cream did this years ago. The box kept getting smaller and smaller and the price either stayed the same or went up! I switched from Bryers to Turkey Hill. Consumers eventually will look for better alternatives.
    Mmmm...turkey hill cookie dough ice cream is so good it's sinful. *yum yum*

Holy cow, I'm way off topic--er...back to watching the elections!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    Mmmm...turkey hill cookie dough ice cream is so good it's sinful. *yum yum*

Holy cow, I'm way off topic--er...back to watching the elections!
    Haha...yeah, going terribly off subject, Turkey Hill chocolate chip mint is mine.