Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Absorbency Plus level 4

Default Absorbency Plus level 4

I bought these diapers when the first came to xpmedical and the suck they always leaked on me after wetting them any improvements to them?

It sounds to me like the problem isn't the diaper. I wear them to bed and rarely have a leak during the night. If I could afford to wear them during the day for my incontinence I would. Give some more info about when the leak occurs. Why position is your body in? Male/female? Waist size and diaper size? Etcetera.

They don't have leak guards so you would have to be cautious when wetting. They do have a percentage of 55% of leaking. Best results is standing. Sitting might open the sides up around the legs and mostly will slide off. I don't think anyone is at fault. Sounds like you and your diaper have a mis-communication between each other. You have some things to discuss if your going to be together till you run out.

They are cheap and can hold alot but I think more improvements can be done about them. There is not much you can do about them. You can tape them a little bit tighter so the leggings can close in tighter and won't open a little bit when you start to wet a little bit. You can probably start light wetting for awhile and the SAP will catch and lock in place instead of running off or out the diaper. My last helpful option is if all else fails and your going to start leaking, you will have to change your wetting positions to like lying down or standing up.

There's always switching to new diapers to something that do have leak guards. M4's, Bellissimo's, dry24/7's, etc... You will have a better chance with those.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    They don't have leak guards so you would have to be cautious when wetting.
    Not true. The way the plastic is shaped relative to the padding around the leg openings creates a kind of leak guard. I've had an easier time getting a dry24/7 to leak out the leg openings then I have trying to get one of the level 4s.

You can tape them a little bit tighter so the leggings can close in tighter and won't open a little bit when you start to wet a little bit.
    nooooooo. Taping it tighter will make it worse. That pulls the material tight and doesn't allow the elastic to do its job. I'm almost certain that half the problem people around here are having with leaks in just about any diaper is because they're cinching the tapes down as tight as they possibly can. It seems a little counter intuitive at first, but think about it:

Imagine a tapered glass (wider at the top than the bottom) filled with water. Now imagine putting some plastic over the top and attaching to the glass with a rubber band to seal in the water. That will hold even as you slide the rubber band down towards the more narrow part of the glass. Now imagine doing the same thing with a piece of string instead of a rubber band. The second you slide the string down to the more narrow part of the glass, it'll leak like crazy. The same thing happens with diapers. When you stretch the elastic gathers out to the max, you ruin the stretchiness of them. Flex your leg and it'll stretch even more. Once you un-flex, it can't return to its smaller shape and you're left with a gap around the leg opening.

Quote Originally Posted by irnub View Post
    Not true. The way the plastic is shaped relative to the padding around the leg openings creates a kind of leak guard. I've had an easier time getting a dry24/7 to leak out the leg openings then I have trying to get one of the level 4s.

nooooooo. Taping it tighter will make it worse. That pulls the material tight and doesn't allow the elastic to do its job. I'm almost certain that half the problem people around here are having with leaks in just about any diaper is because they're cinching the tapes down as tight as they possibly can. It seems a little counter intuitive at first, but think about it:

Imagine a tapered glass (wider at the top than the bottom) filled with water. Now imagine putting some plastic over the top and attaching to the glass with a rubber band to seal in the water. That will hold even as you slide the rubber band down towards the more narrow part of the glass. Now imagine doing the same thing with a piece of string instead of a rubber band. The second you slide the string down to the more narrow part of the glass, it'll leak like crazy. The same thing happens with diapers. When you stretch the elastic gathers out to the max, you ruin the stretchiness of them. Flex your leg and it'll stretch even more. Once you un-flex, it can't return to its smaller shape and you're left with a gap around the leg opening.

I agree with everything you say. I've been wearing level 4's ever since they came out last spring and haven't had a leak yet.
    They're my main daytime diaper. I use them sitting or standing everyday. I don't use them overnight as I use cloth and plastic
    pants.

Quote Originally Posted by irnub View Post
    It can still run off some times without leak guards. Leak Guards tends to catch the urine, blocking the exit to the leggings. Everyone's body and diaper is different, it's based off of experience. Not everyone is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by irnub
    nooooooo. Taping it tighter will make it worse. That pulls the material tight and doesn't allow the elastic to do its job. I'm almost certain that half the problem people around here are having with leaks in just about any diaper is because they're cinching the tapes down as tight as they possibly can. It seems a little counter intuitive at first, but think about it...
    I did not say clench it as tight as you can. It's not even good for the skin and blood vessels inside your skin. More pressure applied to your skin, the more your risking a clottage inside. (Not to scare anyone, you would have to extremely be as tight as possible) This was meant if he had a big diaper and the holes were big around his legs.

"They do have a percentage of 55% of leaking."
    I'm confused as to where you got your data here bud. Are you saying 55% of the diapers you used leaked? Did you preform a study on people who used these diapers and 55% of people had leaks?

I myself have used them as a daytime diaper to great effect, the only reason I don't at night is I tend to flood then. They have a learning curve, and while I won't award them "the best" award, for the value and absorbancy you won't find better once you get them to work for you. Even though they don't leak for me I still use plastic pants, but I do that with anything I wear, better safe than sorry.

Neither. Meant to be 50% not 55% and for more verbal standings, 50/50. I did no ratio or math but it's the way I type so I'm not going to change that myself.

It is already established it's how you wear or use it if it leaks. Everyone is different. It's better effects if a diaper has a leak guard. You don't have to have one and if you don't have a leak guard, that does not mean it will leak, it means it's a higher chance of leakage with like moving around for example.
    Last edited by Snivy; 05-Nov-2014 at 03:28. Reason: Spelling and removing quote

There can be a lot of variables of why a diaper is leaking. They can be too big, they can be too small, they can be too loose, too tight, how you release your urine, and many more.

I haven't tried these diapers, so I can't offer any reviews, but they sure seem to be mixed reviews. That's with all diapers.

This includes Dry 24/7. People have complained about tapes, I haven't come across any noticeable reoccurring tape issues. People talk about wicking distance and not reaching the back area of the padding, and I sit in a seat driving a truck all day and the urine reached the back for me.

Now, what I said all this for is for the fact that we are all different shapes and sizes, we put on our diapers uniquely, some diapers require unique methods of taping them to be fully effective. Diapers come in different shapes and sizes.

You also have to realize that these diapers aren't made to control a flood. I know we all tend to flood our diapers. We tend to relax and let flow after holding back for hours. There'd be times that I would fill an entire 1 liter bottle. Scientifically, everyone should know that water will always go down hill, it will pool up until it breaks the rim.

We also tend to fill our diaper until it's at the point of leaking and playing around this level of capacity, there's always a very good chance of leaking. Especially when it comes to rewetting. You flood an area that has already become saturated. Liquid resists moving up hill, so the materials of the diaper help the cause a little bit. You are sitting down most of the time. Your weight is resisting the flow of the liquid to the back of the diaper. When rewetting, the front is already saturated so it has nowhere to go until it reaches some form of freedom.

Leak guards act as a second barrier to keep liquid in and only have their limit, but they are more ideal for bowel movement management.

This is why you can't really 100% confide in reviews because of different criteria, unless there's just constant negative reviews. I tend to give things a try and review for myself and it's fun doing the experimenting.

I bought 2 cases of absorbency plus level 4 when XP had them on sale a few months ago and was very pleased with them, slept in them every night and soaked them, I mean really soaked them... did they leak ,, had a few wet spots show up but no more then I have with any other diaper without wearing a diaper covering over them. My only complaint is that they run a bit on the small size all other diapers I get a medium in but the medium Level 4 was a tad small. I'll try the Large next go round.