Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling Grossed Out

Default Feeling Grossed Out

I have to admit that some of the posts on this site gross me out - including some of my own.

Please pay attention to the emphasis. I am not judging or attacking this site or anyone on it. This is purely an emotional response.

The answer is not the leave the site or stop posting (I believe that I have been fairly prolific so far). My gut tells me to continue, even though an emotional part of me says "eww".

I put on a diaper and still the emotional part says "eww".

I bought and will shortly receive a paci and again the emotional part says "eww" instead of "aww" (what a difference a vowel makes).

This is no doubt a result of childhood conditioning, but at my age, I do not believe that I will get past it. I just *shrug* and soldier on.

Am I alone in this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn View Post

Am I alone in this?

Yes.

-Emotion

P.S. "Eww"

Used to have that feel long ago, not any more. Had to get over that feel when the accidents started happening more and more and wearing diapers was needed.

If it's any of my posts, I'm sorry, I've changed a lot since then.

Quote Originally Posted by allenmarin View Post
    Used to have that feel long ago, not any more. Had to get over that feel when the accidents started happening more and more and wearing diapers was needed.
    That was true for me as well when I had colitis incidents, but bouts to that extreme have, thankfully, been pretty infrequent. The diapers and the paci are not as much of an issue as this site is for a few reasons:

1) I am a very private person. I am not a joiner (this is the first of anything in which I have joined and participated) and other than my wife, I have no friends (by choice - but that is another story).
    2) When I am on this site, my mind is fully engaged (whereas the diaper is now and the paci will be done on auto-pilot).
    3) Some of the subject matter is further outside of my so-called "comfort zone".

I remind you that I fully accept everyone here.

ADISC is famous for it's posts. But it is a community website and we have to give support so that's where "Support Community" comes in.

I'm sure everyone always see the same one "I wet my diaper for the first time!" or "Dude! I finally bought my first case of diapers!" If we don't like it, then we should not post or else it causes drama for mods to clean up. "I" for one, have to respect a user for posting their thread and I have to give my "awesome" words to them. We all have to respect one another but yet some people don't like words we tell them when we give our honest opinions, that's when they leave ADISC because they feel we push them away but we are welcoming all AB/DL/IC member's to join because this website is alot friendlier than most websites I have joined in the past. I'm not going to let a little disgusting thread bother my appearance on ADISC so I will continue to stay and give my full support to someone who is needed.

This website has saved countless lives especially people who tried to commit suicide, steal, or put a horrible appearance on themselves. We all need to accept one another. If you respect gays, bi's, etc...then you need to accept a person who loves diapers and what they do with them. Might be their business, but we do have members that are willing to share their experience and it's respectful to give them opinions (If it's not nice, don't say anything at all)

I bet some people struggled with themselves and looked at websites like this for example: http://www.wikihow.com/Cope-With-Being-a-Diaper-Lover

I still feel we need to continue the support we give for all. No matter how easy or hard it is. No one should be alone, if you know one, introduce them to this site. They will get the endless love and support they need.

I would think you'd have gotten over it by now. I recall some guilt when I was in my teens and earlier, but I got over it a long, long time ago. What little was left disappeared when the internet came along and I found out I wasn't the lone ranger.

That's not to say I run around in public in a t-shirt and diaper. Maintaining a certain amount of decorum in your public persona is not the same thing as guilt. I wear suits when called for, even though I consider them one of man's silliest inventions.

Yes, it sounds like you're still wrestling with this. I think it's going to depend on how you see yourself. I've always had a very strong pull to wanting diapers, so the intensity of those feelings more or less, wipes away any "eww" factor for me. The only time I give myself some time away is if my diaper activities have a "happy ending", so to speak. Even then, the break will probably be for a day.

I think you need to give yourself a break. You've checked that you are incontinent, so diapers are a logical solution. You're completely justified to wear them and to feel good about it. We have a number of incontinent members on this site who have embraced their "toddler" side in order to enjoy and accept having to wear diapers.

You are correct in your assessment that growing up in the '50s makes it more difficult to accept lifestyles that go outside the norm. I'm a child of the '50s as well, so I completely understand. Fortunately for me, I'm also a teen of the '60s, and it set me free. A little thing like diapers and exploring the baby side of my personality actually gives me a sense of peace rather than "eww". Come to the "wet" side of the force. (followed by heavy Darth Vader breathing)

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Yes, it sounds like you're still wrestling with this. I think it's going to depend on how you see yourself. I've always had a very strong pull to wanting diapers, so the intensity of those feelings more or less, wipes away any "eww" factor for me. The only time I give myself some time away is if my diaper activities have a "happy ending", so to speak. Even then, the break will probably be for a day.

I think you need to give yourself a break. You've checked that you are incontinent, so diapers are a logical solution. You're completely justified to wear them and to feel good about it. We have a number of incontinent members on this site who have embraced their "toddler" side in order to enjoy and accept having to wear diapers.

You are correct in your assessment that growing up in the '50s makes it more difficult to accept lifestyles that go outside the norm. I'm a child of the '50s as well, so I completely understand. Fortunately for me, I'm also a teen of the '60s, and it set me free. A little thing like diapers and exploring the baby side of my personality actually gives me a sense of peace rather than "eww". Come to the "wet" side of the force. (followed by heavy Darth Vader breathing)
    Thanks for your support, dogboy. I listed IC because I have colitis and there was no other category which covered this. My IC requires very extreme bouts of colitis, which fortunately are very infrequent, but when it does happen, it is (literally) a bloody mess. I know, TMI, but I just wanted to convey that my IC was of the messy variety but nowhere near 24/7. As for the wet side, I am there as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn View Post
    Thanks for your support, dogboy. I listed IC because I have colitis and there was no other category which covered this. My IC requires very extreme bouts of colitis, which fortunately are very infrequent, but when it does happen, it is (literally) a bloody mess. I know, TMI, but I just wanted to convey that my IC was of the messy variety but nowhere near 24/7. As for the wet side, I am there as well...
    Thanks for the info. I do hope you can make peace with this. It harms no one, and if it brings you some comfort, in a world of strife, everyone deserves to feel at peace with their lifestyle.

I usually feel odd reading or saying stuff about this, but my personal view is social stigma acting up. Bathroom talk is taboo, so y'know it just seems out of place to say it so casually. Likewise, we're all in the same boat here, so I know it's safe to say. Can't say that some here don't get a little intense with how they put things, tho. But it happens.