Thread: I told My Wife

Default I told My Wife

I have been psyching myself out for a few months, wondering if I should tell my wife. The looming deadline was my impending surgery and my fear that I would blab about it in my anesthesia-haze.

Well... I told her tonight, and she didn't even bat an eye. She doesn't want me doing it around her, but she didn't run for the hills... which is all I really wanted, to be honest.

I wish you guys the best of luck if you should decide to tell your SO as well.

Dodged a bullet there. It's good that she is understanding but your not out of the woods yet. You DID say she does not want you doing "this" around her so be careful how you do this if she is in the house or not. The best way is to just alert yourself by calling on when she is coming home and gives you time till the last minute to either change and dispose or cover up with clothes.

I came across this few days ago so why not read this: http://www.wikihow.com/Cope-With-Being-a-Diaper-Lover

Gives you an extra step into advancing to this. You will need a big talk to hope she will get used to this because being a diaper lover does not hurt at all. It does not kill, steal, get you high, or anything, I honestly don't see why people freak out over this but I eventually found out and is truly sad.

You are one of the lucky people that they will let you keep this but don't want to see you around this. Just keep thinking because your mission is not over yet. You still have a long time to get this over with and it'll keep going unless you find a solution so you and her are 100% completely happy and are able to see each other. (Always be honest to one another, never keep secrets) Maybe give it a week or two and being the subject back up. If she ends the sentence and does not want to hear it, then you have no choice but to deal with it. There are some small methods to include your wife like "roleplaying" for example, but not everything is for everyone and not every problem get's solved the way the user wants it to end.

Read this: http://www.wikihow.com/Have-a-Healthy-Relationship (Not exactly what you need but if you want to maintain a healthy relationship, read this)

onto another stage. Will you feel ok with this? Do you think you are making the right decision? I hope you eventually hear your wifes feelings about this.

Hey, I've told all of my friends, and they don't care one bit, they just want ME to be happy.

My girlfriend (who I'm in an LDR with) even wishes I could be little a lot more than I can, despite her not being into it herself.

Quote Originally Posted by ampelhamza View Post
    I have been psyching myself out for a few months, wondering if I should tell my wife. The looming deadline was my impending surgery and my fear that I would blab about it in my anesthesia-haze.

Well... I told her tonight, and she didn't even bat an eye. She doesn't want me doing it around her, but she didn't run for the hills... which is all I really wanted, to be honest.

I wish you guys the best of luck if you should decide to tell your SO as well.
    For what it's worth, you won't blab about your DL desires when coming around. When I had my back surgery 1 1/2 years ago, I was so under, I thought I was dead. When I came to, all I wanted to do was to stay alive. I fixated on breathing and staying awake. I had no desire to say something that would be embarrassing.

I suspect you wanted to tell your wife, and that was probably the right thing to do. Since she doesn't want to see evidence of your diaper wearing, you have a ways to go. Perhaps sometime you will need to have a sit down and further discuss this, unless you can live on the Q. T. and keep it out of sight and out of mind, at least for her comfort level.

We didn't discuss specific boundaries. It was groundbreaking enough that I said something about it to another human being... And that that person didn't bat an eye. This will probably get discussed soon since I'm going to be off work for a week following my surgery and I plan on diapering up at least part time (with some justification during the first couple days when it will be hard to move).

As far as what I want, I'm ok with things the way they are as long as she doesn't freak out if she comes home and I'm wearing a diaper. I could see the limits getting pushed to her being comfortable with me diapering up for our layabout in pajama days that we sometimes have as long as I wear pants.

She asked some details about what goes on when I do it, and I told her about both the sexual aspects after she guessed that feeling comforted was a profound component of the psychology. I think it put her mind at ease that I don't mess (ew... Just gross. Moreover, my time in the military has left me OCD and poop doesn't jive there).

The fact that she understood so much of it on her own gives me cause to be optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by ampelhamza View Post
    The looming deadline was my impending surgery and my fear that I would blab about it in my anesthesia-haze.
    Has watching Breaking Bad brought this on? It might be an irrational fear, you never know, ask your doctor.

Haha. Well, I already told her.

The reason I was afraid of saying something in the anesthetic haze stems from when I was 17 and had my wisdom teeth out. My mom told me I said a bunch of weird stuff and refused to repeat it. So naturally, I was afraid that I had said something about the pack of Depends in my trunk... I never followed up nor did I have any desire to.