Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Anybody else download Guildwars 2 for $20 (Oct 30 - Nov 9)?

  1. #1

    Default Anybody else download Guildwars 2 for $20 (Oct 30 - Nov 9)?

    Just wondering if anybody else on here jumped in on this deal.

    I've been wanting to get into an MMORPG for a while and never pulled the trigger, but when I saw Guild Wars 2 going for $20, I figured I wouldn't have much to lose. If I don't like it, I'm basically out the cost of a fast food meal or two. I can deal with that.

    I haven't really done much reading on GW2, but I think I might give an Asura Engineer a spin, see where that takes me.

    Happy playin'!

    -Ron

  2. #2

    Default

    Not from this deal, but I got it when it came out, then stopped playing it after I hit 80. I picked it up again and started playing a couple months ago. I played an Asura Mesmer, but I decided to switch to a Charr Thief.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Seug View Post
    Not from this deal, but I got it when it came out, then stopped playing it after I hit 80. I picked it up again and started playing a couple months ago. I played an Asura Mesmer, but I decided to switch to a Charr Thief.
    It seems like a fun game, but I'm trying to get it to run better on my crappy old laptop... I'm barely managing enough FPS to be playable.. gonna have to try a few things.

  4. #4

    Default

    I won't be downloading it (because I own it). I've been playing for nearly 2 years and am part of a very well established guild on Darkhaven server. So if anyone does play and wants to actually interact with other players, my account name is LordChristoph.2673 and my main toon is Fingolfin Arakano. I've got 5 lvl 80's and know the game nearly inside and out. If anyone wants help on there feel to free to add me as a friend and/or send me a message there or here.

    Hope to see someone from ehre on there, would be way cool

  5. #5

    Default

    I got it as a gift last year from my brother, I haven't played since early September of this year though. If I decide to log on at any point I'll message one of ya guys.

  6. #6

    Default

    I wish I had a better system to play on...My laptop, when on the lowest possible graphics settings is hitting only 9 fps in game.. A new computer isn't in the cards right now, maybe in a few months I'll buy a new one..

    -Ron

  7. #7

    Default

    I've been playing GW2 for a while. 9 current 80's, but 13 total. My main is Spero Machiavelli if you wanna add me.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Ronbeast View Post
    It seems like a fun game, but I'm trying to get it to run better on my crappy old laptop... I'm barely managing enough FPS to be playable.. gonna have to try a few things.
    Did you try some tweaks that are listed in the forums and/or on reddit? As anyway, check out the GW2 subreddit from time to time if you're bored or want to know something. You can find anything there. Also a lot of beginner guides. :)

    You could try to unpark your cores, which works for a lot of people: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...-multicore-CPU
    But bare in mind that it will screw over the power saving features of your CPU, since it unparks them. Which is for no reason whatsoever something that GW2 seems not to do by itself, and so your CPU will just idle around, while on ultra settings it can bring a highend i5/i7 over 80% usage on 2 cores easily... which is kinda typical for most (badly optimized) MMOs.

    As anyway, it's listed as the best pay once MMO, but it has it's typical flaws and lost much from it's predecessor sadly. It's still a fun game to play though with some friends especially, otherwise get a guild. And you need to get used to hanging around in the communty TS servers all the time if you want to play WvW, the higher end world events and so on.

    Have fun!

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by daLira View Post
    Did you try some tweaks that are listed in the forums and/or on reddit? As anyway, check out the GW2 subreddit from time to time if you're bored or want to know something. You can find anything there. Also a lot of beginner guides.

    You could try to unpark your cores, which works for a lot of people: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...-multicore-CPU
    But bare in mind that it will screw over the power saving features of your CPU, since it unparks them. Which is for no reason whatsoever something that GW2 seems not to do by itself, and so your CPU will just idle around, while on ultra settings it can bring a highend i5/i7 over 80% usage on 2 cores easily... which is kinda typical for most (badly optimized) MMOs.

    As anyway, it's listed as the best pay once MMO, but it has it's typical flaws and lost much from it's predecessor sadly. It's still a fun game to play though with some friends especially, otherwise get a guild. And you need to get used to hanging around in the communty TS servers all the time if you want to play WvW, the higher end world events and so on.

    Have fun!
    I tried unparking my cores, it improved a little, but still just barely playable.. I think my computer is just way past it's prime. It's a dell student computer from 2010, so it wasn't exactly primed for gaming back then, much less now...

    I guess I'll just have to ourchase a better machine when I can save up the money.

  10. #10

    Default

    i could not get it. Maybe next time i will try to. do you know when game comes out again

Similar Threads

  1. Buy and download games...
    By Coodie in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-May-2012, 18:49
  2. Do you torrent download
    By baby_mike in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-Jul-2011, 11:26
  3. Download Speed.
    By betagame in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-Oct-2008, 20:16
  4. Download 08
    By dremous in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 26-Mar-2008, 18:36
  5. What should I download?!
    By Mink in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-Feb-2008, 02:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.