Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Christianity and AB/DL

Default Christianity and AB/DL

This is a question I have been asking myself for a long time now. Can a Christian lifestyle and an AB/DL lifestyle coexist? That answer is really so individualistic, it's really difficult to pin down a definite answer. But for me, yes. They coexist quite nicely. There are some people who believe that being an Adult Baby and/or a Diaper Lover is a sin and an abomination of God. But I truly believe God doesn't have an issue with me choosing to be either an Adult Baby. But as I said before, it depends of the feelings of the individual and their relationship with God. Some people may feel it's a sin and chose not to indulge in it. That's strictly up to them. Doesn't mean that their feelings are right or wrong. Just means that they've been convicted and feel what they're doing is wrong.

CrinklesTheBunny - i try to live by the "Golden Rule", "Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You", or WWJD. - Another colloquial way of saying that is, "Ye Shall Reap What Ye Sow", "What Goes Around, Comes Around", or 'Turn About Is Fair Play." - All these sayings are true.

We have the unique ability to provide a very special kind of Love, affection, and care to ourselves. - In a relationship, we must also share or provide that kind of affection to our adult partner. - If our adult partner rejects that, they are rejecting us. - If we do not share our own orientation with our partner, we are rejecting them.

Sharing and giving is necessary in a Love relationship.

God Loves us as we are. - Denying or rejecting ourselves, as we were made by God, seems blasphemous.

This reply is the same one to the other post.

Christianity is a pretty flexible, practical, religion, making it easy to justify almost any behavior you want. God is a different story though; much more mysterious. Personally, while I have forgiven God, we are still not on speaking terms.

This thread comes up every now and then, and the general answer is that the Bible never specifically says anything about diapers or the like of, nor does it attempt to deny anyone happiness and enjoyment (but, rather, tries to help push people into those paths) so it's questioned as to how the two would contradict each other.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat View Post
    This thread comes up every now and then, and the general answer is that the Bible never specifically says anything about diapers or the like of, nor does it attempt to deny anyone happiness and enjoyment (but, rather, tries to help push people into those paths) so it's questioned as to how the two would contradict each other.
    There's a lot of things that can create happiness and enjoyment for people, but that doesn't necessarily it's a good thing. Not saying diapers are a bad thing, but I am saying that there are some things people find happiness in that are destructive, harmful, and unhealthy. Those things aren't the kind of things the Bible or God condones.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    Christianity is a pretty flexible, practical, religion, making it easy to justify almost any behavior you want. God is a different story though; much more mysterious. Personally, while I have forgiven God, we are still not on speaking terms.
    Those your ideas because for whatever reason, you have some sort of grievance against God.

There's a lot of things the Bible warns one against, and aside from a brief passage in Corinthians, there's virtually nothing about adults behaving like children. And there shouldn't be. Most of the things the Bible considers sinful - adultery, murder, greed etc. are considered vices and in many cases, morally repugnant characteristics and actions. These are all things which cause direct harm to others. You cause problems if you sleep with another man's wife. You cause grief if you kill someone. Greed is indicative of selfishness. ABDL isn't indicative of any of those negative qualities. At worst, it's weird and unhelpful. For a lot of people, I don't even think ABDL is that.

It's also worth remembering that using a 2,000 year old text as a moral compass has its problems. The Bible contains outdated ideas about homosexuality, portrays disabilities as a kind of spiritual weakness ("For no one who has a blemish shall draw near, a man blind or lame, or one who has a mutilated face..."), and contains 'Noah's Ark', the parable about wiping out virtually the entire population because they didn't follow biblical morals.

In short, I don't think ABDL seriously contradicts anything in the Bible - and even if it did, that's no guarantee of our community's inherent wrongness.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklesTheBunny View Post
    There's a lot of things that can create happiness and enjoyment for people, but that doesn't necessarily it's a good thing. Not saying diapers are a bad thing, but I am saying that there are some things people find happiness in that are destructive, harmful, and unhealthy. Those things aren't the kind of things the Bible or God condones.
    Well, diapers aren't destructive, harmful or unhealthy (unless you wallow in your waste for hours, but that has more to do with the actual waste than it does the diapers).

AB/DL isn't destructive or sinful in any manner. Unless you're robbing convenience stores for diapers.