Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a spending problem, diaper addiction

WearingClouds

Question I have a spending problem, diaper addiction

I've heard a lot of talk about ABU shutting down so I impulse bought a case (80) of Super Dry Kids just in case! They are by far one of my favorite play diapers and I would be so sad to see ABU close without me getting a decent stock first. I'll try to get another case in a month if they are still available.

I feel like I may have a spending problem or a fear of not having enough diapers. It's getting to the point where I always buy in bulk (well also because its cheaper) because I would be so sad to not get anymore of my favorite ABDL diapers. I have this strange fear that all my favorite sites will shut down such as Bambino, Abu, Aww so cute, etc, and I won't get my faves anymore

Anyone else have is same OCD or whatever you wanna call it??

I still can pay all my bills, but I never seem to be satisfied with the amount of diapers I have. Anyone else have this same dilemma or went through something similar?

Thanks!

I completely understand your fear that your favorites will disappear. It seems that every product I like gets discontinued somewhere along the line, and it's incredibly frustrating. Therefore, I too often buy more than I should. I have waaaaay more diapers than I should (or have the ability to hide), but there's something about having an abundance that gives me permission to wear more often. I don't have to ration them. As a result, the first thing I do when I begin a workout first thing every morning is put on a diaper. I'd never do that if I only had a few diapers.

The funny thing is that I'm not incontinent and have no actual need for diapers, and yet I get a little panicked when my supply gets low (which it hasn't in years). Clearly, this whole DL thing is here to stay. Although my wallet may be thinner for my predilections, my butt remains padded, and that makes me happy.

-RMS

This happens to me, too and I don't wear as often as some. Then again, the urge goes in streaks so. *shrug*

I'm in the same boat. I bought extra Tens Supers, and tend to buy a case of just about anything new and interesting that comes out. I am completely out of storage space and have boxes sitting on the floor of my bedroom, yet there is still more I want to try.

WearingClouds

Quote Originally Posted by barkd74 View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I bought extra Tens Supers, and tend to buy a case of just about anything new and interesting that comes out. I am completely out of storage space and have boxes sitting on the floor of my bedroom, yet there is still more I want to try.
    Same here, my closet ran out of room and it's getting hard to keep re-organizing my supply to accommodate! I still love it though and wouldn't have it any other way ^__^

I can SO relate to this thread. In fact, this thread inspired me to order MORE despite the fact I probably have around 5,000 diapers on hand...oh well...you only live once!

WearingClouds

Quote Originally Posted by bambinobaby View Post
    I can SO relate to this thread. In fact, this thread inspired me to order MORE despite the fact I probably have around 5,000 diapers on hand...oh well...you only live once!
    I was also thinking if a company goes out of business, you have a lot of rare diapers that may be worth a lot more than you paid. Could come in handy if you're ever in a bind and need a few extra bucks

Same here (cough, cough - ABUniverse).

Even as a cloth wearer, I have the same fears. For us to wear cloth, we need plastic pants, and as the generation of diaper wearers gets younger, fewer are wearing cloth. I suppose my plastic pants are akin to those who like plastic backed disposables. During last year's Christmas season, it was impossible to find Leakmaster high back plastic pants. I was feeling some panic, wondering if they would return. Fortunately they did, but it makes one wonder: how long?

I know I've spent a bit more than I intended to this year, but OTOH I have several cases of diapers upstairs and am "well-stocked" for awhile.

It's nice to know that you have a good supply on-hand and don't have to think about "conserving" your supply. Removes a little of life's stress. And that's a big thing for a lot of us, diapers having a calming effect on our lives.