Thread: Shivers down my spine

Default Shivers down my spine

After reading thishttp://theghostinmymachine.wordpress...another-world/ I am completely scared shitless. I'm 21 for crying out loud. It's 1am now and I'm not leaving my bedroom. You guys can take a look. Scroll down in that link for more stories or games.

It didn't really grab me. Maybe I don't have a thing for elevators. Still, the comic that was linked in the text intro was well worth it: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...d=350217&no=31 (neat use of minimal tech).

Sorry the elevator thing gave you such a scare. I hope you're able to sleep

Not just the elevator, I read all of the games they had >< and.yes I was able to sleep.

I hope you didn't talk to the woman. Yeah, it does sound like a cool game, as long as you have some directions. Who would ever figure out all that button pushing on their own?

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I hope you didn't talk to the woman. Yeah, it does sound like a cool game, as long as you have some directions. Who would ever figure out all that button pushing on their own?
    I think it has something to do with the numbers. People in some parts of Asia are very superstitious. Like you are not allowed to give shoes to a girl friend, or they left the 4th floor out, etc. etc.

There was actually recently an article I read of "haunted" houses in China, unlike here, these things just don't sell. Because nearly everybody believes it. Bad luck and such. While the "haunted" house here in the city switches owners every 2-3 months.

Kind of strange for us as we (have become) a lot more rational in the West.

I did read a story once of a building somewhere in Asia, not sure if it was Korea, but the building had a deserted fourth floor and the fourth floor was electrically cut so the elevator didn't come there anymore. The original floor was called (there is no fourth) the fifth floor, but because it was unused the floor above it was also the fifth.

According to the story the elevator stopped at the 4th floor on one occassions to find a scrapped floor with debris everywhere, and a "ghost encounter".

Can't seem to find it anymore, too bad, was a funny story to read.

But if any people actually believe in these things, they would probably not participate in them. These games sound more demonic than other things that are more common (like ouija boards and such). And whether one believes it or not, I don't think anyone wants to find out if they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by TenaM View Post
    I think it has something to do with the numbers. People in some parts of Asia are very superstitious. Like you are not allowed to give shoes to a girl friend, or they left the 4th floor out, etc. etc.

There was actually recently an article I read of "haunted" houses in China, unlike here, these things just don't sell. Because nearly everybody believes it. Bad luck and such. While the "haunted" house here in the city switches owners every 2-3 months.

Kind of strange for us as we (have become) a lot more rational in the West.

I did read a story once of a building somewhere in Asia, not sure if it was Korea, but the building had a deserted fourth floor and the fourth floor was electrically cut so the elevator didn't come there anymore. The original floor was called (there is no fourth) the fifth floor, but because it was unused the floor above it was also the fifth.

According to the story the elevator stopped at the 4th floor on one occassions to find a scrapped floor with debris everywhere, and a "ghost encounter".

Can't seem to find it anymore, too bad, was a funny story to read.

But if any people actually believe in these things, they would probably not participate in them. These games sound more demonic than other things that are more common (like ouija boards and such). And whether one believes it or not, I don't think anyone wants to find out if they exist.
    I understand what you're saying. I just read an article today in The Washington Post about a court house in India, also an Asian country. They believed they had a haunted courtroom, books disappearing and thumping noises. Many of them refused to go into the room. As of late, they installed cameras as part of a security system. According to the article, they haven't recorded anything yet. The article talked about their strong belief in ghosts and the paranormal. They quoted some as saying India was a 16th century belief system living in the 21st century.

As for ghosts, I grew up in a haunted house, also full of thumping noises, the sound of shattering glass, footsteps late at night. Eventually my college roommate and I played with a Ouija board and brought forth a full figured ghost. It's a story I've told a number of times on this site, and it's absolutely true. We both saw it, saw the same figure which we described to each other and we both felt it as it passed through us, the incredible cold. It scared us witless.

I understand what you're saying. I just read an article today in The Washington Post about a court house in India, also an Asian country. They believed they had a haunted courtroom, books disappearing and thumping noises. Many of them refused to go into the room. As of late, they installed cameras as part of a security system. According to the article, they haven't recorded anything yet. The article talked about their strong belief in ghosts and the paranormal. They quoted some as saying India was a 16th century belief system living in the 21st century.
    Yes something like that. We have also had habits like these in the past. Some are still known (break a mirror; 7 years of trouble, black cats, don't walk beneath a ladder etc.)

As for ghosts, I grew up in a haunted house, also full of thumping noises, the sound of shattering glass, footsteps late at night. Eventually my college roommate and I played with a Ouija board and brought forth a full figured ghost. It's a story I've told a number of times on this site, and it's absolutely true. We both saw it, saw the same figure which we described to each other and we both felt it as it passed through us, the incredible cold. It scared us witless.
    I have read your story a while back, I believe there was a little related topic where you told of the ouija experience, the groar through the house and such.
    I have also had some experiences through my life.