Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best pull-on plastic pant / diaper cover for night use?

Default What is the best pull-on plastic pant / diaper cover for night use?

In my previous post (No More Wet Bedding), I proposed the use of kitchen trash bags as a diaper cover. The overwhelming response was that plastic pants were a better alternative.

I purchased two pair of Baby Pants classic plastic pant, milky white color, size MD. I have an upper thigh measurement of exactly 17" and this corresponds precisely to medium in their sizing chart. I am sure that you will all agree that the leg measurement is the most crucial.

While I admit that plastic pants enhance the diapered experience, I found the leg gatherings uncomfortable and the rise (to the waist) fine for day use, but too low for night. While it encapsulates a medium Bellissimo (which stops short of my navel) completely, it will not encapsulate any other heavy diaper which rise above the waist.

I am looking for a pull-on (not snap) plastic pant / diaper cover that is fabric-free (for ease of maintenance), high rise and comfortable. Any suggestions?

Fetware ( www.fetware.com ) I use the high waist Cloud pants. Available in heavy duty thickness. Sizing is spot-on and they last a long time. Great variety too.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffedBaby View Post
    Fetware ( www.fetware.com ) I use the high waist Cloud pants. Available in heavy duty thickness. Sizing is spot-on and they last a long time. Great variety too.
    Thanks! Just what I am looking for, but unfortunately the leg of the standard Cloud starts at 20" and I am only a 17". I find it strange that the leg dimension starts so high as I have run over 30,000 miles and consider myself at normal weight (about 14% body fat, I am not an anemic looking marathon runner; I used to run 6 mi/day and bike 16 mi/day before my right hip joint became painful two years ago).

The XS Cloud XT was my leg size but the waist and hip are too small (I am 33/35, they are 28/34). *sigh*
    Last edited by Kenn; 31-Oct-2014 at 13:02.

I love babykins 6 ml thickness plus you can call them 800 number they are very nice .
    Can help you get right fit.
    I tend to like my baby pants poofy like in the old baby photos. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn View Post
    In my previous post (No More Wet Bedding), I proposed the use of kitchen trash bags as a diaper cover. The overwhelming response was that plastic pants were a better alternative.

I purchased two pair of Baby Pants classic plastic pant, milky white color, size MD. I have an upper thigh measurement of exactly 17" and this corresponds precisely to medium in their sizing chart. I am sure that you will all agree that the leg measurement is the most crucial.

While I admit that plastic pants enhance the diapered experience, I found the leg gatherings uncomfortable and the rise (to the waist) fine for day use, but too low for night. While it encapsulates a medium Bellissimo (which stops short of my navel) completely, it will not encapsulate any other heavy diaper which rise above the waist.

I am looking for a pull-on (not snap) plastic pant / diaper cover that is fabric-free (for ease of maintenance), high rise and comfortable. Any suggestions?
    I hope this helps you

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn View Post

Angel Fluff has high back PUL pull on pants:
    http://www.angelfluff.com/PolyUrethaneLaminate.htm
    Their small gives 17--22 thigh size, 22-36 waist.

PUL is comfortable, washes easily and lasts forever. While, technically, the outer layer is cloth, they aren't cloth covered in the sense you mean. It's very thin and laminated to the polyurethane liner, so it is like a single layer, much like classic plastic pants. But they're flexible and retain their flexibility and your skin doesn't stick to the outside. All I wear is PUL and all I wear at night is these pants. (Well, with a big stack of cloth diapers inside.)

So far as I know (and I have looked a lot) AF is the only source on the web. They are special order, so they take a few weeks extra time, but they're worth it.

I like the Leakmaster high back plastic pants, and you can order them on Amazon. I haven't tried the Angel Fluff PUL high back, but I am going to order a pair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvyt-hxQgKQ

this video may be helpful. I like the haian plastic pants from China. They are on e-bay, various sizes available. Check out p005-1 thru p005-12.

Thanks everyone, plenty of good options here. If anyone else has opinions, please continue.

I took to wearing lined plastic pants over my disposable diapers due to leaks. Those leaky diapers were every diaper save for Dry 24/7. I wore cloth diapers for years, but once premium disposable diapers became available here in the USA, I started wearing those. I still wear plastic pants over my Dry 24/7 diapers, just for the security and safety. Be aware that plastic pants alone are insufficient. Those leaks, if they happen, must be absorbed by something. For me that something is a terrycloth pant, which I buy from Babykins. I order special pants, 2 inches higher in the waist, and with a 1 inch waistband. Over those I wear the high-waist 7 mil plastic pant others have mentioned. This combination - Dry 24/7 + terrycloth pant + plastic pant - has been unbeatable and totally secure. Not once, ever, has a leak not been contained. This combination has been 100% effective, over more than a year. Can't beat that.