Thread: Diaper rash treatment

Default Diaper rash treatment

What do you all use for occasional diaper rash? My favorite is mallaluca gel, but I'm waiting for it to be delivered in the mail. In the meantime I am using bag balm

I just use Desitin. I've never had a severe case of diaper rash but what I have had goes away in a day or two.

Never have had diaper rash, but I have had the occasional run-in with jock itch and ringworm. The first time this happened, I tried Desitin and a couple of other diaper rash remedies, to no avail. After nearly a week of pain, I went to the doctor and was told to buy Lotrimin AF or equivalent. I was pain- and itch-free in less than a day, and all signs were gone a couple of days later.

If you have what seems to be a very persistent rash, or one that appears as red circles, be ready to accept that it's likely not mere "diaper rash," but something a bit more sinister. The right treatment can be almost magical.

I've never had diaper rash, but I've had other rashes before. Desitin is the only thing that I've use that has relieved the discomfort for me, & helped heal it.

before I got into diapers, I had a pretty severe rash at one point and got a prescription for 2.5% hydrocortisone. That stuff works wonders, and even the over the counter 1% creams will relieve itching.

Since wearing diapers, ironically, I've had almost no problems. At one point I had a bit of redness, but I took 3 days off wearing to let it air out and avoid further irritation and it went away.

I do remember one time when I was a child long past potty training I was taking a bath in a tub in the kitchen and my sister told my mom I had diaper rash because it was red down there. I denied it even though it was true. I do not remember how I got it exactly since I had no disperse then. Now if it gets red it is covered up by adult stuff so not a problem. I would use Desitin if I thought I were needing something though.

Glad I'm not the only one, I tend to have more rashes when I wear underwear than if I wear diapers. Maybe its because I sweat a lot and diapers are good at absorbing the extra moisture. When I have had rash problems, the higher zinc oxide content desitin or equate diaper rash cream helped a lot. Also the anti-monkey butt cream or baby powder is pretty good too (it has chamomile amongst other things), just a little pricey. Johnson and johnson also has a zinc oxide based baby powder that is pretty good too.

My mom bought Desatin for me when I was little, so when I got some sort of "down there" rash (I don't think it was actually from diapers. IDR what caused it) I tried Desatin again. Still works like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldridge99 View Post
    I just use Desitin. I've never had a severe case of diaper rash but what I have had goes away in a day or two.
    I also use DESITIN and/or BALMEX diaper rash ointment.

With my having Cerebral Palsy, I am mostly on my back during naps and through the night and the buttocks fold is were I get diaper rash the most, because during sleep, except for leg spasms, I am pretty immobile throughout sleep.

The best thing I've found to prevent/cure diaper rash is...

lansinoh lanolin

It's hard to apply, but usually one coat last even through a shower...

Heat it under hot water to apply easier....

It's sticky, and very very hard to wash off...and very very waterproof...