Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blankies!

Default Blankies!

Everyone's favourite AB item is different. Diapers, plushies, rattles, toy cars etc...for me it's blankies. So I thought a blankie appreciation/discussion thread would be a nice idea.

I've got a few of the little Taggies blankets, which are lovely and soft, and I find it comforting to rub the material and the little tags on my face when I'm struggling to sleep. I have one with a happy bear on as well, so I like to look at him when I'm sad.

On the topic of bigger blankies, I've got a fleecy Igglepiggle blanket (which my cat is convinced is his!) and then a First Steps Baby Blanket, which is probably designed as a full-body blankie, but being a bit taller than 100cm, I love to wrap it over my legs and feet on a Winter night instead!

So, who else loves blankies? Do you have a favourite? Can even the world's greatest scientists explain why they're so damn snuggly and lovely?

I currently have two custom blankies. Both were made by my mom. I'm cold natured so my blankies get lots of uses.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBabyMagicain View Post
    I currently have two custom blankies. Both were made by my mom. I'm cold natured so my blankies get lots of uses.
    Jealous - I'd love a homemade blankie! The Igglepiggle blankie might as well be custom-sized though, as it's the perfect fit for having over me whilst watching TV on the sofa (the material is a bit thin for bedtimes, outside of summer). I'm not always cold, but I really like the feeling of being almost too warm - that slightly drowsy, relaxed heat of having the fire on and a blankie over me.

I need to get a nicer blanket... the one I have is a little stiff and it's not fun to snuggle under.

I have some nice vintage Holly Hobbie sheets that are the softest, most perfect sheet set I've ever owned. It's like being wrapped in clouds.

I like the traditional cot and pram blankets we had in the UK which have 'silk' (often nylon actually) edges. The baby ones were usually cellular, but full size (up to double bed size) were available in both cellular and solid types

Quote Originally Posted by sambus View Post
    I like the traditional cot and pram blankets we had in the UK which have 'silk' (often nylon actually) edges. The baby ones were usually cellular, but full size (up to double bed size) were available in both cellular and solid types
    I had the cellular ones as a baby, judging from family photos. I'd definitely consider getting a double-sized bed one.

Quote Originally Posted by FeekaDimension
    I need to get a nicer blanket... the one I have is a little stiff and it's not fun to snuggle under.

I have some nice vintage Holly Hobbie sheets that are the softest, most perfect sheet set I've ever owned. It's like being wrapped in clouds.
    Holly Hobbie's items look adorable! I don't have anything of theirs, but I've seen their designs - most of which are extremely cute. I'm not sure what to recommend for full-bed blankets, but for a little comfort blankie, I think Taggies are wonderful, and the material is as soft as ice cream left out in the sun (though much nicer!).

I've still got my baby blanket, the very one I can be seen sucking on in ancient baby photos of myself. It's a sort of yellow, green, and blue plaid, loosely knitted from fine (or very worn!) yarns. Most of it is there. I suppose if I had more of a "little side," this would be a feature of my role-playing. Instead, it just hangs in the corner of my home office -- an amusing conversation piece. Likely because my parents have lived in the same house since I was two, most of my baby stuff survives to the present day, including plushies and even my old cloth diapers, of which I have several.

I still have and sleep with the baby blanket I've had since birth. The bond I have with that blanket far transcends infantilist tendencies, thus I don't even consider it one of my AB items.

I had a hand made quilt when I was born and used well into my teen years. When it had so many holes in it I think
    my mother finally threw it out.

I actually still have my original baby blanket too! It was made for me when i was born by a family friend. Its peachish and white in color with The Pink Panther in various poses hand embroidered all over it!