Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best place you've been on holiday/traveling

Default Best place you've been on holiday/traveling

I can't imagine I'm the only one here who loves traveling, experiencing new cultures, visiting historic sites and occasionally eating vegetables I don't trust (okay, maybe that's not quite so fun). I thought it would be cool to hear where the favourite destinations of other ADISCers are. Even just somewhere you have a cool story from would be interesting.

For me, it would have to be Cuba. The architecture is beautiful and fascinating in a slightly dilapidated way. The scenery is stunning, the politics of the country are intriguing, and it seemed like a vibrant country full of music and the contrasts of bustling, tree-lined cities like Havana and remote hilltop villages (some of the ones near Trinidad were a real eye-opener). Obviously it's a place with some serious issues, and I'm trying not to romanticise it too much, but yeah...loved Cuba.

Croatia would be a close second. Would love to go back one day.

How about you guys?
    Last edited by Sanch; 27-Oct-2014 at 19:56.

I've never been able to travel much. I grew up on a farm, and I'm currently trying to start my own farming operation. Because of this, getting away is very difficult. I've only got to go on a couple of trips in my life. I'd love to be able to travel more. But basically I've been to Washington D.C. & to New York City. Both absolutely cool places to go too. So much to see and do. I'd love to go back. I'd love to be able to spend a week going through the Smithsonian in D.C. The only time I was there before, we could only look around for an hour, before we had to leave.

I absolutely love traveling. Favorite country I've been to is Denmark. The entire country is beautiful, and Copenhagen is just a fantastic city. I loved the architecture, I loved the easy availability of all the sites, I loved how pedestrian friendly it was, I loved the relaxed atmosphere it had, I loved all the cool stuff I did there, and knowing the politics of the country, it seems far more similar to how I feel a country should be run. All the neighboring Nordic Countries, Norway, Sweden, and Finland are up there as well. I just absolutely love that part of the world and want to go back ASAP.

I haven't done a lot of travel (not by choice) and interestingly traveling was how I found this site, we were planning a trip to Italy and Greece and I asked advice from peeps here on buying nappies in both countries... Turns out at the time Tena Slip were easy to come by AND a millions times better than the rubbish they started selling in Australia.

While the whole Amalfi coast was great when we reached Positano I felt completely at home and loved everything about the place. One day we will go back but the meantime the next trip has to be France, Belgium, Holland and Germany.

I used to go on vacation with my parents every year. North Dacota, Washington DC, Boston, Florida and Disney World, even California and many other places. Always to see the sites. I've been to France, Germany and Holland when I was in my teens. NOw days I'm happy to take a short trip to Las Vegas or Atlantic City.

I love traveling and fortunately I have had many opportunities to do so. I have been to Europe more times than I can count, and I have also been to India many times, thanks to part of my family being from there. I have enjoyed all of my trips, and I actually really like going to India because it gives one a chance to see a country that is very different from ours in terms of culture, development, food, music, etc.

That being said, I have taken three trips abroad this year, to Spain, India, and Denmark, and I very much enjoyed all of them. Though I now travel on business as well and I have taken several trips in that regard over the past year.

For me, it's Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Best vacation ever!! Foods was plentiful, good, and cheap. Everyone was very friendly, and it was so easy to get around the area quickly and cheaply!!

I usually do not travel far for like vacations and trips.
    Usually they are to cons close by, and near by amusement parks.

Tho going up to Rainfurrest we stopped by a friends in OR for the night.
    Next day we went to Crater Lake.
    This place is amazing in that if I remember right, its has the clearest water in the world for a lake.

It has been years, but my favorite place to travel was to visit cousins on Prince Edward Island in Canada.

I am traveling to Ireland with a group from school in May and I am beyond excited!! I have never been anywhere in Europe and I'm excited for this adventure.