Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple Question.

Default Simple Question.

Am I annoying? That is my question, and I would like HONEST answers.

I'll presume this is in direct response to some event (possibly off board) that I'm not really aware of, but just for the heck of it here is an answer from someone who doesn't really know you!

There are a handful of people on this board that I associate with annoyance. They arn't consistently annoying, but are frequently so. You arn't on that list. That doesn't necessarily mean you arn't annoying (to someone else or in general), just that you haven't been annoying enough when I've been around to stand out to me as being annoying.

So I uh, guess that's something ;p

Personally, I don't find you annoying. You seem like a nice, rather insecure guy who just wants to make friends.

From your posts, I think you have certain traits which could be considered slightly irritating, but they're less a reflection of your personality, and more a reflection of your age. You seem to seek attention a bit (threads about wanting to throw all your AB things away, and about how you think you're 'worse than poop'). That said, angry introspection, and reaching out to see if people care, are basically hallmarks of being a young adult and trying to work out who you are, where you're going and who cares about you.

If that sounds patronising - I was given some similar constructive criticism at your age. I didn't like it at the time, but looking back, it was absolutely spot-on.

I am sorry if I seem like an attention seeker. I don't mean to be honestly.

BronyPony14,

Hey, we all need a little validation at some point - Don't sweat it! We are a support community and when we need support, others give it.

Best advice is to look back at what triggered the comment and what you would have felt if you had been the one reading your posts. Equally, it can be an idea to write your posts off-line, leave it 10 mins and read it back. you will be surprised what you edit out / reword.

Look, I've been through major adjustment a few years ago due to depression / anxiety and also recently adjusting to being comfortable with who I really am. Certainly during the psychological treatment for depression and anxiety I was very needy and put a significant burden on my friends and family. That was a few years ago now and a few of my more honest friends have said that I was quite hard to deal with at the time. Having said that, I have also supported some of these very same friends through exactly the same thing and they were probably just as bad. We have to be here for each other. Sometimes that is hard though.

It is a hard thing to come to terms with who you are especially when you are part of this community. We are somewhat far from the main stream… There are the few people (only a few) who have annoyed me while I have been on this site. You are not one of them.

DLE

Quote Originally Posted by BronyPony14 View Post
    I am sorry if I seem like an attention seeker. I don't mean to be honestly.
    There's no need to apologise. Like I said, you seem like a pleasant guy - and I understand that it's difficult when you have low self-esteem and feel the need for reassurance.

All I'm saying is that I don't think starting threads saying 'I am worse than poop' is going to do much good, and it can come across as a ploy for attention or compliments. I think it'll help you personally and your relationships with others if you try to focus on getting involved in discussions about common interests and offering advice to others, instead of berating yourself. If you want to start a thread to get advice about a particular issue or a problem you're having, that's fine. But make it a dialogue, instead of just drawing attention to yourself.

I apologise if that seems harsh. But if I didn't care about you, I wouldn't bother to offer any advice at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNapsALot View Post
    There's no need to apologise. Like I said, you seem like a pleasant guy - and I understand that it's difficult when you have low self-esteem and feel the need for reassurance.

All I'm saying is that I don't think starting threads saying 'I am worse than poop' is going to do much good, and it can come across as a ploy for attention or compliments. I think it'll help you personally and your relationships with others if you try to focus on getting involved in discussions about common interests and offering advice to others, instead of berating yourself. If you want to start a thread to get advice about a particular issue or a problem you're having, that's fine. But make it a dialogue, instead of just drawing attention to yourself.

I apologise if that seems harsh. But if I didn't care about you, I wouldn't bother to offer any advice at all.
    Okay, I understand full and well. No more random post like this one or being worse than poop... I will try to just keep it to myself. I will just write it out on paper, and reflect on it as suggested by sissyDLE. I asked this because I felt more of an annoyance to everyone on here with the constant back and forth. I will take a look at other post, and guidelines to learn how to be a better member. I will not start another post until I feel I am able to so without being dramatic, attention seeking, needy, whiny, and selfish. Thanks for the input, and I am sorry if it seems like I am spamming for attention all the time. I honestly didn't mean to, and I won't from now on.

Okay, I understand full and well. No more random post like this one or being worse than poop... I will try to just keep it to myself. I will just write it out on paper, and reflect on it as suggested by sissyDLE. I asked this because I felt more of an annoyance to everyone on here with the constant back and forth. I will take a look at other post, and guidelines to learn how to be a better member. I will not start another post until I feel I am able to so without being dramatic, attention seeking, needy, whiny, and selfish. Thanks for the input, and I am sorry if it seems like I am spamming for attention all the time. I honestly didn't mean to, and I won't from now on.
    Writing things down on paper is a super idea. I'm sometimes tempted to have a rant on Facebook, and then realise it'll do no good - so I scribble it all down and let the bad thoughts out onto the page. I never said you're spamming for attention all the time. I just outlined one or two posts you'd made which I thought might not have been particularly helpful. I think you post some genuinely interesting things - and I look forward to seeing more of them.

So it is agreed. I shall write what I am feeling on paper, and leave the interesting, fun, crazy stuff here. .. hey you said I post some interesting things... I was looking at some pics in my album and just noticed this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Taco.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	22208.. It is in the red box.. I am curious what do you think that is???

So it is agreed. I shall write what I am feeling on paper, and leave the interesting, fun, crazy stuff here. .. hey you said I post some interesting things... I was looking at some pics in my album and just noticed this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Taco.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	22208.. It is in the red box.. I am curious what do you think that is???
    My eyesight might be letting me down, but all I can see is a black space. Anyone else got better vision than me?