Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re-introduction

Lightbulb Re-introduction

Hello! I made one for AddictSnivy and since I am now known as Snivy I guess I will re-state about myself but include several more stuff.

I am in N.C., enrolled in college, and my current major is aviation because I am a complete addict in planes. If anyone used a reference of planes I will be there!You may or may not quote me but I honestly will be there. There are so many interesting stuff, pros, cons, etc...

How will you know me on ADISC?
    I am a current DC on ADISC and I post a lot. My five months here on ADISC and I already accumulated over 1,400 posts. Some worthless, some helpful, some funny, some...ehh maybe snarky but I mean no harm I will apologize in the long run if I jump the gun. There are other Pokemon users but I am the only current grass Pokemon here on ADISC. I am a reptile relative to zipperless who is also a DC and one of the coolest people I have met here on ADISC, I highly encourage you to drop him a message sometime. He has helpful opinions and gives helpful advice to anyone in need. I usually dawdle in the around ADISC but you most likely won't catch me in the Roleplay section or the sissy/little's section. I sometimes host Snivy Skype Chat's on Saturdays so if you want to talk with other ADISC members, then keep an eye out for the blogs, I make the announcements there.

Outside the internet
    What I normally do is several little things. I write books rarely from time to time although they are not perfect but I still try and I have had some people enjoy them or get confused on digesting content I have wrote. I have written over 10 books since 2007 some of the names aren't that exciting but they do contain interesting stories. I spent most of my life being interested in aviation which includes anything about planes, helicopters, anything about the sky that flies *Not birds :3* I probably already stated this but anything about planes I will most likely know because I am in class as a junior-pilot in training and I would like to fly a Boeing-777 I have so much knowledge with aircraft! I don't know what commercial service I want to fly in but I am thinking of American Airlines more likely. I also love video games! My favorite RPG game has to be Paper Mario, favorite shooter game is CoD Black Ops 2 (Because let's face it, not a ghost fan -_-) and favorite flying game is Ace Combat series (More specifically Ace Combat 5) I do love Pokemon so my favorite Pokemon game is the Mystery Dungeon (Again, more specifically, Blue Rescue Team)

My AB/DL History
    This is the history I have been trying to research myself about. I started becoming curious around diapers ever since I was 13 and I decided to take a few from my cousin (He only needed just in case) and I pretty much fell in love after the first one. I was caught *three* times by my mom so I ended up throwing them away. Well I remembered a book called "My Awesome-babysitter" so I had to re-look that up, and the urge came back to me at age 17. I turned 18 three months prior to that and just surfed the web through any kinds of diapers and kinda fantasized the "Bellissimo" one. I wanted to actually try that so I looked at that everyday, couldn't obtain it or anything, now I think i'm more fair game. I looked at it again and saw a thread on adisc about the bellissimo, thought this was an excellent community, and look where I am at now

Now the most one everyone is concerned with me about is my mood/tone. I do tend to get snarky I guess when people strike at me first. I don't get mad about politicians because I know nothing of the sort but trust me, I am very friendly, very rare people think that only because they have seen my actions but message me once or twice and you honestly would see that I am totally different.

I also have sometimes important events underneath my signature picture so check back frequently...

Again, my name is Snivy and either refer to me as a Pokemon or a human I could care less of the sort heh heh...
    Last edited by Nihlus; 20-Nov-2014 at 05:47.

That was a great re-introduction! Welcome! Have you ever flown a plane before? Taken lessons? Do they still make Piper cubs? Is flying a drone like flying a plane? What commercial airline has the best design on it? How long before a vacation should I make a reservation? Is there still a weight limit for stewardesses? The last time I flew they allowed peanuts on the plane. I thought they were banned? How come they don't have dinners on airplanes anymore? Why do they charge for pillows? Have you been to the Wright Brothers museum? Why do air traffic controllers have a lot of stress? Would you like to be an ATC? Do pilots and stewardesses "get friendly" away from home? What is the mile high club?

I hope you like it here as much as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    That was a great re-introduction! Welcome! Have you ever flown a plane before? Taken lessons?
    Zipperless, I think killed me I've flown planes on computer flight simulators but in real life, I've only ridden on a plane. I do have hopes on flying one very soon. Only lessons I took were tutorials from the flight simulators. I have to complete 4 years of college in order for me to attend a flight school. In order for me to achieve a pilot's license, I need to accomplish four years of college and 1,500 hours of flight time.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless
    Do they still make Piper cubs?
    Yes they do and since technology has come a long way, the cubs are becoming better than ever.

Is flying a drone like flying a plane?
    Almost similar, your operating on a handheld controller. I don't know exactly how that works because I never used a drone or flown it but I would think it's operable on machines.

What commercial airline has the best design on it?
    Honestly, I think the QANTAS original design is unique although the american airlines's plane is covered by american colors. You can look at several and think what do you like the most?

How long before a vacation should I make a reservation?
    I think I will still be a member here when I shoot for my license. I may make an announcement about my flight number.

Is there still a weight limit for stewardesses?
    That, I honestly don't know on my part. I wouldn't even think there was something like that.

The last time I flew they allowed peanuts on the plane. I thought they were banned?
    There are now multiple snacks now. The deal with peanuts is there are some individuals who are allergic to nuts and can't risk a medical emergency at 34,000 feet in the air. SOme are banning them, others are still making a decision.

How come they don't have dinners on airplanes anymore?
    I think the long trips on certain plans have dinner but not like a exquisite meal. I would assume cutting costs from the short planes with the short trips. Like 9 hour flights should have dinner for the passengers but be reminded, first class always get's special care -_-. On my plane, everyone is going to get the same treatment, hopefully.

Why do they charge for pillows?
    Because that's airlines for you. That's how they make their money.

Have you been to the Wright Brothers museum?
    No, but I plan on going next year.

Why do air traffic controllers have a lot of stress?
    They are always under stress when they land the planes and get them in the air. They have to be fast for other coming planes landing. Have too many planes on a runway and you risk a collision on the runway.

Would you like to be an ATC?
    I could not handle it. I think I would cause two jumbos to hit each other, maybe for a small airport but for a big one like LAX for example, nope.

Do pilots and stewardesses "get friendly" away from home?
    They have to pretty much. If I was mad I would have to grip a smile. I think they do get mad once in awhile probably for more serious reasons.

What is the mile high club?

I hope you like it here as much as I do.
    Never heard of that

I think it is a great re-intro awesome job! I have some questions.

Like: What do you think about military aircraft not flying them but what are your thoughts? For example the black bird SR-71 or other stealth aircraft?

Would you like to fly a helicopter?

Now my last question is why do you want to fly such a huge airplane? like the Boeing 777 they are huge!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BluefireJay05 View Post
    I think it is a great re-intro awesome job! I have some questions.

Like: What do you think about military aircraft not flying them but what are your thoughts? For example the black bird SR-71 or other stealth aircraft?

Would you like to fly a helicopter?

Now my last question is why do you want to fly such a huge airplane? like the Boeing 777 they are huge!!!!
    Like: What do you think about military aircraft not flying them but what are your thoughts? For example the black bird SR-71 or other stealth aircraft?I enjoyed the huge military jets and my favorite is the F-22 Raptor and the F-35.

Would you like to fly a helicopter?Nope :3 I wouldn't mind flying or riding one if I have to.

Now my last question is why do you want to fly such a huge airplane? I always had desires of Jumbo Jets. But this is a wide body plane and since the 777 is one of the most technologically advance aircraft they have, why not?

After college would you join the Air Force to get experience? The pilots sometimes wear diapers, I hear.

I thought about that but I don't want to get caught in any mess with the side wars going off right now.

Snivy - If Your dream is to become an Air Transport Pilot (ATP), You've got to start a logbook and get into an airplane ASAP. - You'll first meed a medical exam. - Get one from a doctor who specializes in aviation. - You'll need a radio license, so You want to begin studying the FAA regulations and ICAO rules. - The FAA has some great study books to get You started in preparation for Your FAA written exam. - Small local airports frequently have a flight school with all of the resources that You'll need.

After You've got Your medical exam, You may be flying "solo" within 20-30 hours in the air with an instructor. - You'll need 50-80 hours of flying time to get a "Private Pilot Single Engine Land (SEL)" license. - during that time, You will be studying for the FAA exam. - After You pass the FAA written exam, You'll need a "check ride" with an FAA Examiner (usually an off duty airline pilot).

Going further, You'll need an additional 50-80 hours flying time with an instructor, another FAA written exam, and another FAA "check ride" to qualify for Your "Instrument Flight Rules (IFR)" rating. - The FAA permits You to log a certain amount of "SIM time" towards Your ratings, if done with an instructor present. - Then continue to "Multi-engine" certification, then "Flight Instructor" certification, and THEN apply to the airline after You've logged over 1,500 flight hours or so, for "Jet Type" rating, and then "Type cert" rating for the airline's jet model.

Eldridge99

Hi Snivy. I wish you the best of luck in your flying endeavors. It's quite a rush when you're up there all by yourself. I got about half way through the course that Kikee mentioned for an SEL license. Unfortunately for me it wasn't the physical part of flying that was hard, it was listening to ATC. Trying to write it down and repeat it back to them all while flying the airplane was too much for my brain to handle. So after a day and a night cross country with an instructor I knew the next thing was to do it solo. After giving it a lot of thought I decided I didn't want to take the chance of having a close encounter with a commercial aircraft. Only because I couldn't multi-task while flying an airplane. I'm sure you won't have any problem doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    After college would you join the Air Force to get experience? The pilots sometimes wear diapers, I hear.
    The upside to that is that the Air Force basically takes care of your training, and when you come out you're reasonably desirable in the private market. The downside to that is that you have to stick around for a long time, and you can make about three times more in the private market.

Kikee is right. Get thy ass into a plane straight away if you want to get paid to fly within your lifetime. One of my closest friends is a pilot for a regional carrier right now, and it took him six or seven years to get enough hours in to be marketable/hirable. Granted, 9/11 happened shortly after he started training, so he lost several months because of the aftermath. Get in a plane ASAP and you'll be better for it!