Thread: Came Out to Girlfriend

Default Came Out to Girlfriend

Hey everyone,
    I've been a lurker here lately and wanted to update you with what's been going on in my life.

Recently being away from home at college and the typical stresses of college my urge has resurfaced for the first time in a few months. I decided it was time to tell my girlfriend because I don't want to keep anything from her. We ended up talking about it for two hours and her telling me that although she's not comfortable with with, she still loves me and still wants a life with me. She doesn't want me to wear diapers around her (yet?) but doesn't have a problem with them if they help me cope with my stress.

She's a keeper.

Thanks for reading,

Well done. Probably one of the hardest things you will do for a while... :-)

At least you don't need to hide it from her, but yeah for now perhaps best to do it on the down-low. Respect her wishes to not participate or even see you in one (for now) and allow her to digest everything you have told her and let her come back to you with questions about it..

She does absolutely sound like a 'keeper', so best not to scare her away with too much diaper talk.

Take care!

Soakingboy, she actually wants to talk about it face-to-face this weekend when I go to visit her college. She's curious about it, which is a good sign!

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Soakingboy, she actually wants to talk about it face-to-face this weekend when I go to visit her college. She's curious about it, which is a good sign!
    That's not just good, it's great. Just try and not be like me and don't keep bringing it up afterwards.

Congrats, I'm at the exact same place with my wife. I wish I would've had the guts to tell her when we started dating, but I wasn't even ready to admit it to myself. Glad to hear she's taking it calmly, it seems like most of the time the hurt feelings come from the fact that you've kept a part of yourself secret from your SO rather than the actual nature of the secret.

Crazypants, that's the real reason I decided to tell her. I didn't feel right keeping anything from someone that I love so much so I felt that she should know, even if it means opening myself up for rejection and everything else that comes with it). Although she's not comfortable with it, she accepts me for me, still loves me and recognizes this as a way to cope with my stress.

I love her to death.