Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: How to come out as ABDL?

  1. #1

    Default How to come out as ABDL?

    I want to tell my parents i'm ABDL, because i don't have a room or a safe place to hide my things. I'm lying to my parents that i'm using my allowance to games to my Xbox. What i can tell and not tell?

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by AdapterTwenty View Post
    I want to tell my parents i'm ABDL, because i don't have a room or a safe place to hide my things. I'm lying to my parents that i'm using my allowance to games to my Xbox. What i can tell and not tell?
    Let me give you some very direct advice.

    Don't do it.

    There will possibly be people in your life that you can tell about liking diapers. I promise you that 99 times out of 100, your parents are not those people. They don't need or want to know the nitty gritty details of your sex life, especially if it's as unconventional as ours.

    If finances are becoming a concern, I would say you need to take it easy because you don't want it to start controlling you. That's called addiction.

    When you do tell someone, make sure it's someone you know very well and trust. If someone without scruples finds out, you might find that everyone knows.

    Sorry to preach, but I've been around the block a few times and I hope you heed my advice.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ampelhamza View Post
    Let me give you some very direct advice.

    Don't do it.

    There will possibly be people in your life that you can tell about liking diapers. I promise you that 99 times out of 100, your parents are not those people. They don't need or want to know the nitty gritty details of your sex life, especially if it's as unconventional as ours.

    If finances are becoming a concern, I would say you need to take it easy because you don't want it to start controlling you. That's called addiction.

    When you do tell someone, make sure it's someone you know very well and trust. If someone without scruples finds out, you might find that everyone knows.

    Sorry to preach, but I've been around the block a few times and I hope you heed my advice.
    ditto, if there isn't a reason for that person to know and a good one at that then they generally don't want to know and telling them would only complicate the relationship you have with them this is true even and especially with parents. Think about it wouldn't you be weirded out if they came to you talking about their sex life and I know part of their job is to give the talk, but I'm almost 100 % every single parent screws that up and the kids have to find out by themselves which lends even more credence to what were're both saying. Maybe when you find someone who cares enough about you to indulge in it with you or you have to tell a close friend because they are about to find out anyway, but until then and unless it's absolutely necessary don't do it because there is no telling what the reaction might be and it ranges from ok to absolutely awful.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ampelhamza View Post
    I promise you that 99 times out of 100, your parents are not those people.
    Maaaybe not 99/100... but certainly in the no lower than 90/100.

    Odds are, parents will have a pretty tough time with it, unless your parents are very liberal thinkers. The other two things that come into play, is most people in that generation group still have a hard time adjusting to non-vanilla life styles, if your parents were the 20-25 year olds of today, you might have a better chance with it, but still that is open for debate, and is just my opinion. Also, parents have a tough time understanding it because in their head they think, "did i not raise my child right? Why do they want to be a baby? I must have done something wrong." Parents have a very hard time with this type of news.
    I told my parents and it kinda killed my relationship with them because of the way my mom reacted. My dad actually dealt with it ok, and basically said that I could order things, but I had to get them and keep them in my room asap. That didn't work out so well though when deliveries would happen while i was out of the house and my mom was the one around, and then investigated my mail, and then directly confronted me about it trying to curve my ways.

  5. #5

    Default

    Honestly, unless you were caught, don't tell them. I will explain why.

    See, coming out to your parents about diapers is the same insight as coming out to being gay, it's shocking and uncalled for (Needed a reason, i'm not against gays) Family is always the barrier of success, they want you to be successful and not be addicted to any fetishes such as doing drugs, smoking, cutting one-self, etc. If you were to bring this up as a shock, it will put stress on your mother and father and they most likely will begin to worry about you. That's not true. We are all different, we are not perfect but our parents want us to be. "Some parents" are on ADISC and choose to do things differently with their kids. Maybe they learn from us. We are a support community after all

    Possibilities on what your family could do?

    1. They could call a psychologist on you.
    2. Put on restriction (Grounded and strict everything from you)
    3. You can make "them" wonder if they raised you successfully

    there are so many possibilities it's not ridiculious. If people are caught, they claim "incontinence" and that's not good because your going to make the situation even worse.

    This is a good chunk reason on why we don't explain out AB/DL reasons to our families. Now "some" have told and it isn't wise because not everyone's parent is understanding and calm. Even if you have a calming mother, she will begin to worry/concern about you. Your only option is to wait till you move out if you want to indulge yourself completely. The "AB/DL" is your business, nobody else's (Unless you tell your close friends.) Friends can be more understanding rather than family because you and your friend are always together, having fun, sharing secrets, etc. As for your parents, they are there to raise you and prepare you for the we ALL have to face. Some of us who are 18 and older still live with family.



    World and the AB/DL fetish thing you would have going on, their first alarm will ring as "immature" and they wouldn't know what to do. They will start punishing you and discipline you and before you know it, in less than an hour your living hell, and I know you don't want to do that buddy.

    Your best bet is to just hide your stuff. When your caught, (65/100 chance you will get caught. 10/100 chance if your stuff is in a good hiding spot) then you have some serious explaining to do. I would plan ahead on what your going to say if you DO get caught.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by AdapterTwenty View Post
    I want to tell my parents i'm ABDL, because i don't have a room or a safe place to hide my things. I'm lying to my parents that i'm using my allowance to games to my Xbox. What i can tell and not tell?

    Let me start this off with being very blunt.


    YOU DON'T. Please just don't tell them. I can't see it going well for you or for them. Think about it like this, would you want your parents openly discussing their sex life with you? I certainly wouldn't, and I'm pretty certain you parents wouldn't want to know about yours. And yes, openly discussing having a Diaper Fetish does constitute to discussing your sex life.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlitz View Post
    Let me start this off with being very blunt.


    YOU DON'T. Please just don't tell them. I can't see it going well for you or for them. Think about it like this, would you want your parents openly discussing their sex life with you? I certainly wouldn't, and I'm pretty certain you parents wouldn't want to know about yours. And yes, openly discussing having a Diaper Fetish does constitute to discussing your sex life.
    TIL: diapers are exclusive about sex, no matter what.


    As for the OP you can tell your mom if you want, just make sure you have a good reason to and don't expect to get free diapers out of it. That very rarely happens for people.

    Prepare for the worst, hope for best.

  8. #8

    Default

    ...and besides all that: It's your allowance. You're not buying guns, drugs, and hookers with it, so forget what your parents think. And then, while you've forgotten what your parents think, consider a job. Chances are good that a job -- even one compatible with a busy college schedule -- will more than replace your allowance, in addition to ridding you of your guilt.

    Like others have said: Don't tell. It's not something your parents want to know about. They dedicated themselves to getting you out of diapers. The least you can do is make them think they succeeded.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by AdapterTwenty View Post
    I want to tell my parents i'm ABDL, because i don't have a room or a safe place to hide my things. I'm lying to my parents that i'm using my allowance to games to my Xbox. What i can tell and not tell?
    Just don't do it. It's never worth it.

    You wouldn't want to hear about what your father does behind closed doors, so he sure as hell doesn't want to hear about what you do behind closed doors.

  10. #10

    Default

    I think before anyone can entertain the idea of saying yes, we need to know more as to why you want to tell. If there is acceptance, there are advantages. The problem is that it seldom happens. We do have a few younger members who told their parents, often the mother, and were either well accepted or marginally accepted. Most members never told their parents.

    There is another set of members, those who parents discovered their diapers. I am in that set. When my mom discovered mine, as well as a gay porn magazine, she sent me to a psychiatrist at a large residential mental facility.

    As some have said, if your parents are free thinkers, liberal and accepting, it might work for you. I think in almost all cases, it's better to continue wearing diapers on the Q T. The worst that can happen is to get caught, and then you have to explain.

    Explaining opens a whole new world. You have to really know what you're going to say. Most people have no idea that we even exist. Some jump erroneously to the conclusion that we want to molest babies, so you really have to have a lot of facts in order. Parents are going to want to know why you want to wear diapers and identify with a baby or toddler. They'll wonder if they did something wrong in parenting you. They most likely will be worried about your well being and perhaps send you to a psychologist. Some, depending on the parent, will just shrug their shoulders and have a sort of passing acceptance.

    You have a lot to think about. Since you have to be at least 18 to be on this site, you only have a few years ahead of you until you are out on your own. I would wait until that happens, and then you can wear all you want.

Similar Threads

  1. Use of ABDL items in a non-ABDL context.
    By KatieBear in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 15-Apr-2014, 14:29
  2. A Little ABDL* Video Series Ep 1: What is ABDL*?
    By ForeverSmall in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-Aug-2013, 20:23
  3. Misconceptions about ABDL* and ABDL*-phobia
    By ForeverSmall in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-Jul-2013, 21:10
  4. non abdl girlfriend needing help coming to terms with abdl boyfriend
    By needingguidance in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 25-Mar-2013, 06:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.