Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airborne Diapers

Default Airborne Diapers

I just got off my first-ever diapered plane right, and for the most part it was a successful experiment!

The good:
    1. No issues whatsoever at security
    2. Plenty of family washrooms, which enabled me to readjust the tapes - twice, as it turns out - before boarding
    3. Walking through a crowded airport terminal knowing I was wearing a (wet) diaper
    4. The feeling of being on an airplane in a wet diaper is something every ABDL should get to experience
    5. I'm a recent convert to Tena Slip Maxis and continue to be impressed by how good they really are

The not-terrible-but-could've-been-better:
    1. I'm still paranoid about wearing in public, which had me getting up to check for leaks more often that I would've liked
    2. My diaper started to leak towards the end of the flight, which meant that I landed wearing regular underwear
    3. I need to learn how to get changed in an airplane washroom
    4. Did I mention the paranoia? It prevented me from fully enjoying the experience.

Still, though, the pros outweighed the cons, and when we landed I found a family washroom and got changed. I'm now at home in a wet diaper and thick wool socks, and all things considered I'm pretty pleased with how my day's been so far.

I heard "Airborn"

Security isn't going to bother what you are wearing, they are more focused on what dangerous stuff you may have. Liquid or electronics is all they are looking for if not properly secured. Washrooms are a big thing and yes nobody would notice a thing so that is good! Nobody pay's attention or can even hear any crinkling because all you hear is "Final call for Flight #911" and plus so much noise coming from people so it's a definite yes that you will remain silent from below :P For your number 4 I think I will experience that when I fly the plane myself, i'm sure my co-pilot or captain would not worry as long as everything is going according to plan. I'm guessing the Tena's are your favorite diaper? Then, that is good for you! I prefer the M4's and better ones I wish I can obtain.

For your paranoia, grab some diapers with leak guards, even when flooding and stuffed with padding (High SAP) you wouldn't have to worry about leaks and you can just wet while walking to draw away any attention of play some gimmics like looking at a watch or standing next to something on your phone. They are not really going to pay attention to you unless YOU make it obvious which I doubt you will. Tena Slips don't have that much SAP although they are excellent for a regular wear for a few hours. If 24/7 then you would approximately need maybe 3-4 Maxi's a day. One for a simple flight (Depending on how long the flight is) I think you would need,

Short flights you can use padding that doesn't have much SAP.
    Long flights you would need much padding. I did a measure for you in case next time you fly out of the area or how long estimated your trip is.

*Urine Wise*

(2-3 hours) "Tena Slip Maxi"
    (4-6 hours) "Absorbency Plus"
    (7-9 hours) "Abena M/L's" (Recommended "4")
    (10-12 hours) "Dry 24/7" (Better might be Bellissimo's if you prefer cute)
    (13-16 hours) "Bellissimo's" (Dry 24/7 may last that long)

Anyway, for the washroom, you can sit on the sink and place your diaper there and change into that. Best to keep your stuff inside the carry-on. Don't act suspicious because it may end badly in one of three ways.

1. Terrorism
    2. Drugs
    3. Smoking

Don't want that do you? Haha. You need to relax. If someone notices you then don't worry about it. It's not like they are going to see you or even remember your face everyday. Passengers? They may see you once or twice in your lifetime as for maybe flight crew, they can't permit to have anything bad to say. But the paranoia will not give you anything to enjoy about if you keep worrying about the little things. Just relax man. Just go with the flow. If needed, then wait to change at an airport. Again, the bathrooms are mostly decent. (People do tend to go there lots so I would remain caution. Usually an airplane is the best place for privacy)

You would have to wear a very thick diaper with soakers in it or wear two.

I wonder how IC people survive a flight. I can imagine they use soakers inside and wear more than one diaper and they wear a premium diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    I heard "Airborn"

Security isn't going to bother what you are wearing, they are more focused on what dangerous stuff you may have. Liquid or electronics is all they are looking for if not properly secured. Washrooms are a big thing and yes nobody would notice a thing so that is good! Nobody pay's attention or can even hear any crinkling because all you hear is "Final call for Flight #911" and plus so much noise coming from people so it's a definite yes that you will remain silent from below :P For your number 4 I think I will experience that when I fly the plane myself, i'm sure my co-pilot or captain would not worry as long as everything is going according to plan. I'm guessing the Tena's are your favorite diaper? Then, that is good for you! I prefer the M4's and better ones I wish I can obtain.

For your paranoia, grab some diapers with leak guards, even when flooding and stuffed with padding (High SAP) you wouldn't have to worry about leaks and you can just wet while walking to draw away any attention of play some gimmics like looking at a watch or standing next to something on your phone. They are not really going to pay attention to you unless YOU make it obvious which I doubt you will. Tena Slips don't have that much SAP although they are excellent for a regular wear for a few hours. If 24/7 then you would approximately need maybe 3-4 Maxi's a day. One for a simple flight (Depending on how long the flight is) I think you would need,

Short flights you can use padding that doesn't have much SAP.
    Long flights you would need much padding. I did a measure for you in case next time you fly out of the area or how long estimated your trip is.

*Urine Wise*

(2-3 hours) "Tena Slip Maxi"
    (4-6 hours) "Absorbency Plus"
    (7-9 hours) "Abena M/L's" (Recommended "4")
    (10-12 hours) "Dry 24/7" (Better might be Bellissimo's if you prefer cute)
    (13-16 hours) "Bellissimo's" (Dry 24/7 may last that long)

Anyway, for the washroom, you can sit on the sink and place your diaper there and change into that. Best to keep your stuff inside the carry-on. Don't act suspicious because it may end badly in one of three ways.

1. Terrorism
    2. Drugs
    3. Smoking

Don't want that do you? Haha. You need to relax. If someone notices you then don't worry about it. It's not like they are going to see you or even remember your face everyday. Passengers? They may see you once or twice in your lifetime as for maybe flight crew, they can't permit to have anything bad to say. But the paranoia will not give you anything to enjoy about if you keep worrying about the little things. Just relax man. Just go with the flow. If needed, then wait to change at an airport. Again, the bathrooms are mostly decent. (People do tend to go there lots so I would remain caution. Usually an airplane is the best place for privacy)
    Such a great post! I've got a couple long flights later this week, so I think I'll bring a couple M4s and change in between flights (I'd have worn one today but they were at home, which is where I was headed, not coming from). But as far as wearing's concerned...I mean practice makes perfect, right? I won't be as nervous next time, and besides which you're right: no one besides me knows I'm wearing anyway. It's just amazing how you convince yourself that everyone's looking at your bulging crotch and going, "Tsk tsk, that grown man's wearing a wet diaper!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    You forgot to insert something inside the rep :p That's ok :p
    In my defense I barely slept yesterday and then flew for five hours.

Quote Originally Posted by hti24 View Post
    In my defense I barely slept yesterday and then flew for five hours.
    Haha. What plane did you go on?

It's all about the experience, you have to start somewhere. Stepping outside of your normal realm is quite an achievement. It does take a bit of courage to go out. After a few times, you'll find that, you won't really worry as much.

I'm a truck driver, and in my experience, I find which diapers work and don't work. Belssimos don't work very well while sitting, the leg cuffs are too short and allow moisture an easy escape. this also could be that the diaper is too large, because it leaks in the same spot every time.
    I find that Dry 24/7 works better, even with stuffers, they fit me a whole lot better as well.

I also recommend plastic pants, they can help protect against leaks and can give you a fair warning that it's time for a change. I also wear a plain white onesie, it helps keep the diaper from being exposed and it helps the diaper stay in the correct position, and helps prevents sagging.

After awhile, you won't really think about it and just do. You will come to realize that no one is starting at your ass to look for a diaper, and most people won't say or do anything if they do notice something. Most people are glued their phones these days. I've never been confronted by anyone, so if you take the steps to guarantee discretion, you will be fine. Even premium diapers that are much thicker. I've worn Belssimos in public stuffed with multiple booster pads. Just get loose fitted clothing that won't expose the outline of your diaper.

Metalman, I used to have the Bellisimos issue. They need to be fastened especially snug because they're such a thick diaper, and it helps to pull them up a bit further in front as well, then fasten the tapes in a kind of X pattern instead of straight.

I had the chance to wear on a flight home from DC into JFK but was too scared. I did however wear a Depends Real Fit on the Amtrak back to college.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post

I also recommend plastic pants, they can help protect against leaks and can give you a fair warning that it's time for a change. I also wear a plain white onesie, it helps keep the diaper from being exposed and it helps the diaper stay in the correct position, and helps prevents sagging.

After awhile, you won't really think about it and just do. You will come to realize that no one is starting at your ass to look for a diaper, and most people won't say or do anything if they do notice something. Most people are glued their phones these days. I've never been confronted by anyone, so if you take the steps to guarantee discretion, you will be fine. Even premium diapers that are much thicker. I've worn Belssimos in public stuffed with multiple booster pads. Just get loose fitted clothing that won't expose the outline of your diaper.
    I like this advice. This is how this IC person traveled by air. Some onesies have plastic snaps if you do not like metal.