Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giving to Others

Default Giving to Others

I have always had the philosophy that helping each other can make one's life happier. I'm not talking helping people that don't want the help or don't appreciate the help. I'm talking about people that need help, or want help that appreciate it. One of my favorite things to do is help out fellow adult babies.

About a year ago I had friend who lost everything he owned in a house fire. Of course, I didn't realize or even know that he was an adult baby until one day we were talking about how he was going to rebuild his life and start over. He told me that he was an adult baby and psychologically, it was his only form of stress relief. He lost all his favorite plushies, diapers, and baby stuff. Seeing that I'm in the same boat as him, I took $250 out of my checking account and he and I went AB shopping. We got some plushies we wanted and ordered several things on the Internet that he wanted. Til this very day, he still thanks me for helping him rebuild his AB lifestyle back to somewhat of a normal state.

It is nice for someone to help one another even if they do not inspire our breath on this earth. I do believe it is best to help someone out. Someone might not need our help and many people believe in the saying "Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" but we can not live with this for the rest of our lives because karma will bite us in the ass eventually and we might lose stuff; begging for everyone to help us when we were so crude to them. When someone is in need no matter who it is, if they don't show the signs, it's always best to lend a hand for someone. They might help you in return. That's my belief's of the miracle of helping one another.

I'm glad he still thanks you and he is doing ok. I'm sorry he went through all this and I know it must be like hell.

Well when I was 7 years old Snivy, I lost everything I owned in a house fire. So I knew what it was like.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    It is nice for someone to help one another even if they do not inspire our breath on this earth.
    Huh? How could anyone use inspiration to get someone else to breathe? (Is that some kind of weird saying I've never heard before?)

Someone might not need our help and many people believe in the saying "Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" but we can not live with this for the rest of our lives because karma will bite us in the ass eventually...
    Well, people who follow the Bible (the "eye for an eye" bit) won't be the same people who follow Eastern religions and believe in karma!

But, as they say, "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind," and "Kindness is its own reward"...

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklesTheBunny View Post
    Well when I was 7 years old Snivy, I lost everything I owned in a house fire. So I knew what it was like.
    I didn't know. I'm sorry you went through that. I was following my own beliefs. There is a bunch of stuff I don't know about you, there is some stuff you don't know about me. Everyone experiments one another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Huh? How could anyone use inspiration to get someone else to breathe? (Is that some kind of weird saying I've never heard before?)
    New generation. People hate other's breathing on this earth meaning we wish they were not on this world. Very rude stating and I hear this alot. "I will be happy when you take your last breath on the face of the earth."

The world can be a cruel place but we have to live with it.

A number of us on this site have suggested to people who suffer from some forms of depression, to volunteer their time helping others. Typically, those who help others feel just as good if not better, than the one being helped. It also get a person out of the house and interacting with other people.

I've helped build two habitat for humanity houses, and I've split wood for our city's wood ministry. I've also done repairs on houses of those who couldn't afford to do the repairs.

Our church has come upon some hard financial times because we were sent a dud minister. I've helped buy the last two cantatas which the choir has performed. In all instances, I've felt very good about doing these things. I guess it is more blessed to give than to receive, though I have gotten some really neat stuff at Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    A number of us on this site have suggested to people who suffer from some forms of depression, to volunteer their time helping others. Typically, those who help others feel just as good if not better, than the one being helped. It also get a person out of the house and interacting with other people.

I've helped build two habitat for humanity houses, and I've split wood for our city's wood ministry. I've also done repairs on houses of those who couldn't afford to do the repairs.

Our church has come upon some hard financial times because we were sent a dud minister. I've helped buy the last two cantatas which the choir has performed. In all instances, I've felt very good about doing these things. I guess it is more blessed to give than to receive, though I have gotten some really neat stuff at Christmas!
    With me being a Deacon, giving to others of myself is part of being a high officer @ my Congregational church.
    I do a lot of outreach online with others in the Autism and Cerebral Palsy disability communities.

I myself am the minister of music at my church I attend.

I hear this alot. "I will be happy when you take your last breath on the face of the earth."
    You hear that a lot?! I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything like that ever! Yikes! What are you doing to these miserable people to make them say that?! And still you help them in the chance that they will help you back...? They sound like they deserve to be thoroughly slapped round the chops with a very wet fish. Or at least poked unexpectedly in the ribs with a pair of chopsticks in that really tickly place that makes you go weak at the knees.

On topic, though, helping people is nice because people are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    You hear that a lot?! I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything like that ever! Yikes! What are you doing to these miserable people to make them say that?! And still you help them in the chance that they will help you back...? They sound like they deserve to be thoroughly slapped round the chops with a very wet fish. Or at least poked unexpectedly in the ribs with a pair of chopsticks in that really tickly place that makes you go weak at the knees.
    They don't just say that to me, people say this in general. Or more in state, people around MY state say it when someone is mad.