Thread: Fitright Briefs and other Medline products

Joejoe

Default Fitright Briefs and other Medline products

I've noticed that there are a lot of very reasonably priced items made by medline such as a lot of the Fitright briefs line and some others. If they are better in absorbency than the standard store generics, I think I'll consider switching over.

How are they, and how do the different kinds stack up against each other?

Actually they are terrible. The padding is like a sponge, the liquid very easily squeezes out. They are very thin and don't hold much more than a heavy sweat. I actually think that the store brands are better.

The fitrite briefs are not bad if you get the ultra absorbancy, I used these this spring and early summer because I needed something breathable in the heat they are fine for day use and would last me 4-6 hours before a change was needed. As far as the rest of medlines products metalmann1983 has it right, they are both terrible and useless.

Joejoe

Quote Originally Posted by KenworthW900b View Post
    The fitrite briefs are not bad if you get the ultra absorbancy, I used these this spring and early summer because I needed something breathable in the heat they are fine for day use and would last me 4-6 hours before a change was needed. As far as the rest of medlines products metalmann1983 has it right, they are both terrible and useless.
    What about the super absorbancy? The rankings for absorbancy I looked at on the medline site says that the fitright super is more absorbent than the ultra absorbancy. Do you have any experience with the Fitright Super?

Quote Originally Posted by Joejoe View Post
    What about the super absorbancy? The rankings for absorbancy I looked at on the medline site says that the fitright super is more absorbent than the ultra absorbancy. Do you have any experience with the Fitright Super?
    Yeah it looks like you are right joejoe I wonder when those came out as they were not an option in early july when I last bought them. I would think that ultra would be more absorbant than super but it appears to be the other way around like tena stretch the supers are way better than the ultra! Wonder if we can find some free samples and find out for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Joejoe View Post
    I wouldn't get all that excited when they post something like that on a product. It's pretty much like saying maximum protection, as in Depend's Maximum Protection Fitted Brief. To most people, they see that in the store and think, well that's the best I can get. In all actuality, it's the limit of what they offer which isn't saying much.

Medline labels their products under several different names (not including store brands), which I don't really understand, because they are all terrible and have the same features pretty much and it literally makes no sense business wise to make 10 brands of diapers with the same varying capacities and such, and the same huge size range.

What I'm saying take those labels as a grain of salt, because there really isn't much of a noticeable difference. They will still be sponge like and feel nasty when wearing them. Imagine sitting on a slightly less than lukewarm sponge with a hint of slimy feel. Odor control is pretty bad as well. I actually bought a few different Medline brands at a thrift store, quite cheap, 3.99 per pack. Long story short I dropped them off at Goodwill, and felt bad about doing it.

FitRight briefs are a lot different than the storebrand cloth diapers. They are incredibly comfortable and pretty much disappear when being worn. I still have a bag of them somewhere. If your looking for something that is incredibly absorbent, you are looking in the wrong spot. They are probably just a bit better than most of the Prevail or Tena (american, not european) stuff. I can probably get two, maybe three wettings out of one (not massive ones, if you flood these, they will probably leak too). I have ordered them from http://www.parentgiving.com, they also have samples there as well, I don't know of anywhere else that has samples of them. Look at the Super ones, the others are a lot less absorbent. The FitRight line are different than the other MedLine stuff. If all your used to are storebrand diapers, then these would do a much better job than what you are wearing now. If you wear anything else, then you probably wouldn't like them. I'd recommend checking out a sample before making a big decision. I would probably guess even an Abena M2 might be more absorbent, an Abena M3 definitely is more absorbent for sure. If you want an incredibly absorbent cloth diaper, you probably should look at Northshore Care's house brand. That would be the best one and it lacks most of the problems that even the Abena M4 cloth-backed ones have.

If you're going for the higher end FitRight, you might as well get the molicare. The FitRight line exists solely to have a medicaid price point.