Thread: Something I Noticed.

Default Something I Noticed.

I'm one of those DL's that enjoy the feeling and look of training pants. Girls training paints to be specific. So this afternoon I went to Wal-Mart to pick up a new pack of girls Easy-Ups. I get to the diaper aisle and notice that they do not have any 4T-5T sizes in girls. They had boy designs in 4T-5T. The only size of package that had the size I was looking for was a box of 60 training pants. So I took my chances and got a pack of size 3T-4T trainers instead, which fit much to my surprise.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me either. About a year ago I went to Walgreens to get a pack of Rainbow Dash training pants, which are the largest size. I look at the selection and noticed that they didn't have the size I was looking for. Just like my experience today, they had the largest boys size, but no girls.

Have any of you guys ever had a similar experience?

I'd recommend ordering online if you can't find any. I've never had trouble finding anything in stores except for Pampers Size 7.

Quote Originally Posted by KatelynG View Post
    I'd recommend ordering online if you can't find any. I've never had trouble finding anything in stores except for Pampers Size 7.
    I guess I could, but I'm pretty sure the other Wal-Mart by my house might have the right size.

Yeah, I think I would have gone to another store. Not having all the sizes in popular baby diapers is a bit odd. Talk about odd, I have seven Baby Pants training pants, and four out of the seven are pink. Two are the pink butterflies and two are the new cupcake design.

Maybe 'cause, statistically, little boys bedwet longer than girls? Try girls' goodnites or UnderJams if need be. UnderJams are softer, from what I hear, but stretch 'em before you wear them, or they'll rip.

Actually, now that I think about it, I have! Back in May I decided to pick up my first training pants, and Walmart didn't have the girls' Pull-Ups in 4T-5T, but they did in the boys'. I just got the girls' 3T-4T, figuring size wouldn't matter much seeing I was just going to lay them inside my underwear.

I've seen this kind of thing before. I've also heard that boys, on average, take a bit longer to train than girls. That said, I'm a little surprised that a Walmart would be fine-tuning their inventory like that. Smaller stores in specific areas, sure, but not an omnipresent mega-chain. That is a tad odd.

I, too, am kind of a sucker for the girl diapers. I've decided that this is less of an immediate gender thing and more to do with the fact that the girl designs are just way more childish. Seriously, who feels like a baby wearing a camo-printed diaper? I don't know. I'm picky.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    That said, I'm a little surprised that a Walmart would be fine-tuning their inventory like that. Smaller stores in specific areas, sure, but not an omnipresent mega-chain.
    Actually the bigger stores fine tune more than the smaller stores. The reason is, it adds up faster for them. If the computer says you can save a penny on a product by making a change, it probably doesn't make sense to bother with if you're a small chain. On the other hand, if you move a thousand of them a week, that's significant. And with how computerized their inventory and distribution system is, there's ZERO cost to that. Zero cost to analyze the data, zero cost to make the change, zero cost to overhead. It's pure proffit. For every product.

When I go to certain stores I notice the larger sized girls products are out of stock generally. I always assumed it was just people buying them more than it was them changing how many they put on the shelf. Sometimes though if you shop in larger supermarkets you can find what you're looking for if you dig in the shelf a little bit. A few weeks back I found a pack of goodnites with 12 in it as opposed to the new 11 unit packs. (Which were sold out in L/XL) So not only did I find them in the size I was looking for, I got one extra for my money lol.

I noticed this too.Late last year I went to go buy MLP training pants from Walgreen's and they didn't have 4T-5T (they did two weeks ago, though! ^.^), but rather the 4T-5T pants that preceded the MLP designs. The other store had no girls' 4T-5T pants of any variety. I thought the general trend was to train later anyway, so I don't know why this would happen.