Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diaper beginner "high"

Default Diaper beginner "high"

I have had the DL interest on and off for several years, but I just recently bought my first pack on Saturday. Since then, I think I have worn to bed every night but one, sometimes using multiple per day. Did anyone else have that new diaper "high" when you first started, feeling like you couldn't get enough?

I can also say I've gotten a lot better at putting them on and having it fit correctly in just a short time too so that's encouraging, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by paddedup View Post
    I have had the DL interest on and off for several years, but I just recently bought my first pack on Saturday. Since then, I think I have worn to bed every night but one, sometimes using multiple per day. Did anyone else have that new diaper "high" when you first started, feeling like you couldn't get enough?

I can also say I've gotten a lot better at putting them on and having it fit correctly in just a short time too so that's encouraging, haha.
    Once again, welcome! Yes, we have all been there and had the wonderful experience you talk about. Exciting, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Once again, welcome! Yes, we have all been there and had the wonderful experience you talk about. Exciting, isn't it?
    Thank you! And yes, I'm enjoying it very much right now. It's just a really nice, soothing feeling. Especially when sleeping.

Yea, I also get a high every time I get a new diaper type/brand I've never tried.

It's pretty amazing when you start! I'd suggest you take a break before you start really getting tired of it. One thing I try to do is take at least a couple days a week off entirely so diapers never become so mundane that I get tired of them and stop feeling like they're special.

At present, I'm traveling diaper free for work purposes, so I'm getting an extended break (about a month) and I really want to wear one. Enjoy what you've got!

NOTHING ever beats the feeling of buying your first pack of diapers since being potty trained. I've snagged a few here and there in my journeys, but there was something special (like the high you're talking about) when I actually got my hands on some diapers that fit me and I strapped them on. They were only some really crappy depends (no pun intended) but since i was stuck in blissful ignorance, they felt like the most magical diapers of all time! That is, until I wet them and realized it felt like I was wearing a plastic bag around my waist with some cotton balls stuffed in them (depends were not and are not my favorite diaper).

Now I'm sort of like computerProgrammer. Every time I get a new type or brand of diaper, it brings back a remnant of that 'first diaper' experience. But nothing will ever compare to that sheer accomplishment of finally having some diapers to call your own that actually fit you. Congratulations on that first milestone!

Yep, can definitely relate to that, felt the same way when I first got hold of some Tena Slip Maxi's, first proper diaper I tried.

Wonder if I'll have a similar thing when I try out some M4s I just got, won't be able to till next week though, unfortunately they're also the cloth-backed ones but, we'll see how that goes.

Never tried any cloth ones but I have some ordered... hope they're not as bad as some make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by disneygeek View Post
    Never tried any cloth ones but I have some ordered... hope they're not as bad as some make it out to be.
    That feeling is hard to describe other than "magical". I agree with ComputerProgrammer, I get the feeling all over again when trying a new type/brand of diaper.

Cloth are awesome, but do take some practice. I highly suggest searching for info on here before you try them out for a test run.

TapedCrusader, are you talking about full cloth ones or the ones that are just disposable cloth backed... or both?