Thread: Most Absorbent Pampers Diaper? Please Reply Quickly, Buying Tomorrow

Default Most Absorbent Pampers Diaper? Please Reply Quickly, Buying Tomorrow

I had thought that the most absorbent Pamper other than Extra Protection was Baby Dry, but I have now heard that Cruisers and Swaddlers are better. I am wondering which is most absorbent, because I am planning on wearing and wetting in bed, lying down. Please reply quickly, I'm buying tomorrow (technically today because it's after midnight)!
    Thanks!
    Luvtowearpampers

Quote Originally Posted by luvtowearpampers View Post
    I had thought that the most absorbent Pamper other than Extra Protection was Baby Dry, but I have now heard that Cruisers and Swaddlers are better. I am wondering which is most absorbent, because I am planning on wearing and wetting in bed, lying down. Please reply quickly, I'm buying tomorrow (technically today because it's after midnight)!
    Thanks!
    Luvtowearpampers
    As far as absorbency goes: There's EP, and then there's everything else. In my experience, the differences in performance of the other diapers are pretty minimal. However, they all suck in terms of practicality, quite honestly. If you just cut loose in any of them, you'll leak. You have to go slowly and make sure that gravity is working in your favor. Lie on your back, for instance, and you're doomed, because the backs of these diapers have positively no absorbency whatsoever.

All that said, you'll probably end up with Baby Dry 6 anyway. It's the largest commonly-available Pampers diaper. Cruisers 6 is smaller, Cruisers 7 is hard to find, as is Extra Protection 6. Swaddlers 6 is very new, and seems available only in large boxes from places like Babies 'R' Us (I just spotted it there, but I didn't want 88 diapers!). Swaddlers 5 is somewhat easier to find, but it doesn't make sense to buy anything but the largest available sizes of these diapers, as even then they're too small.

I like Cruisers 7 when I can get them, simply because the wings are stretchier and I don't have to do anything fancy to wear them. Baby Dry 6 and Luvs 6 are my fallbacks.

Personally I wouldn't depend on any baby diaper for overnight protection unless you are a baby or small child.

As cottontail said, the difference is minimal. I can't remember where I saw it, but somewhere on a pampers / parenting forum a pampers rep said that Swaddlers and cruisers where better then there baby dry. I've never done actual testing to confirm by how much if at all. And as stated the only ones you will easily see in most stores are baby dry.

Also first time you use a diaper especially a baby diaper, wet it some where that's easily cleaned up in whichever position you plan to use, to test how well it works for you. And to learn its limitations. Good luck.

When a brand boasts absorbency, they are NOT saying anything about the actual capacity. They are talking how fast their products sucks in the liquid. They all hold about the same amount of liquid, which isn't saying much. Baby diaper capacities are geared for very small bladders, not adult bladders that can hold way more.