Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Tale of Two Terms

Default The Tale of Two Terms

When I first started living my adult baby lifestyle, several searches on the Internet revealed that there were two terms. Adult Baby and Infantilist. Of course I knew right off the bat that they were interchangeable terms. Since a couple other terms such as "Littles" has introduced. What's your preferred method of addressing the lifestyle word wise?

Frankly, it doesn't bother me at all. Anyone can call me any of the three terms.

However, when I refer to myself, I generally use the term Adult Baby.

I hate the term adult baby. It has and still sounds very very creepy. Little works better. or Cub, cause furry. I guess since I am a toddler age, I hate the word baby *giggle*

I use "Paraphilic Infantilist" and "Adult Baby" interchangeably if I am describing a person who is AB. "Little" I will attribute to a person who likes to regress but not to a baby age.

Describing myself, I use "Paraphilic Infantilist" because it sounds more sophisticated, is politically correct, and because I can't attribute any narrower of a term to myself.

I prefer "little". It helps to envision the person as someone who enjoys playing a role. "Adult baby" seems like a whole lifestyle, and "infantalist" seems like it can be taken VERY wrongly by people unfamiliar with the term. People don't assume that a "sub" or a "dom" lets the role they play control the rest of their life, and I feel like "little" could be seen the same way.

One problem with the term ''paraphilic infantilist'' is that it technically refers to a person who has a sexual fetish for acting like a baby. For many ab's it's not a sexual thing, so I don't really feel that term is accurate in those cases.

''Adult baby'' really isn't the greatest-sounding term, but I suppose it serves its purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    One problem with the term ''paraphilic infantilist'' is that it technically refers to a person who has a sexual fetish for acting like a baby.
    Oh right, I forgot about the significance of the "paraphilia" part. In that case, I would just use "Infantilist".

i really like littles! it sounds a lot cuter and i see myself as a younger child rather than a baby. just my opinion. c: