Thread: sleep apnea and wetting

Default sleep apnea and wetting

so recently my sleep apnea related bed wetting has gotten a bit worse. I've come to the conclusion that it's related to multiple factors. deep sleep combined will drinking anything including beer is more likely to make me wet my diaper without knowing that but this is not always the case. recently a new twist has been thrown into the mix is that I have been recently dealing with vertigo probably related to my sleep apnea and the CPAP machine I'm going to the doctors today to start to figure out how to fix it. I would say that I was definitely needed diapers over the past 5 or 6 days because of not wanting to get out of bed. do you still consider this bed wettng if I know I'm doing but it's because of not wanting to have to deal with the vertigo effect.

I have never heard of vertigo being associated with a cpap. I would see a doc about that. The most mine does is give me gas as it pumps air in. Claustraphobia is associated not vertigo. Also is the cpap is new and the bed wetting will stop. While it is new you are sleeping deeper due to sleep debt. Bed wetting is not associated with the machine but the sleep apnea the machine fixes. The cpap machine usually fixes the bed wetting caused by apnea.

I been using the machine for almost 2 yrs now. For me the wetting became more frequent since I started the cpap. I have read on the internet about cpap amd vertigo being related. Wetting I think is cuz of the deeper sleep, altho rare, is possible. Ill report back after my docs apmt today.

Ok so the dizziness isnt cuz of sleep apnea but still may be from using my cpap. My sleep dr is ok with me wearing diapers for my bedwetting issues, and agrees that its a bunch of reasons for my accidents. Deeper sleep is definitely a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by nikthewerelion View Post
    My sleep dr is ok with me wearing diapers for my bedwetting issues, and agrees that its a bunch of reasons for my accidents. Deeper sleep is definitely a factor.
    That is a trade I would take if I had it. I'm lucky to stay asleep for more than an hour straight, I wake up many times every night and have to try to fall back asleep again. (not apnea either) I'd gladly be safely padded for a good night's rest!

Yeah I got insomnia sometimes, which suck, could be vad sleep hygene to. Im always diapered just in case I wet the bed, or just so I dont need to get up to pee 3-4 times while I try to sleep. Catch 22, is given my accidents arent consistant im afraid not to be diapered but the more I am, will or has lead to me mentally, be more quick to use my diaper then get up. My thought on this is yes, I can see that point, but neesing to get up every timevto pee means harder to get back to sleep, I can live with a wet diaper but not on 3 hrs sleep. I cant see myself not being diapered every night.

I wonder if there is a single cause like small fiber autonomic polyneuropathy.

Vertigo, sleep apnea, and incontinence can all be linked in some cases to autonomic neuropathy.

I doubt its that, but I am close to diabetes, I think its either higher blood sugar, or related to cpap use, causing inner ear issues. Im gonna try keeping better sleep hygene , not drinkin stuff 2 hrs before bed etc. To help with my accidents

My cpap does weird things to my sinuses. I often wake up having to blow my nose several times. Sinuses connect to the inner ear, so if you are having sinus problems to begin with, it's possible the cpap is making some problems worse. Diabetes makes one have to pee more often, so that could be a contributing factor as well, especially if you are sleeping deeper because of the cpap. That said, I don't suffer from any of the symptoms you are describing, but then I don't have the existing problems you've described either.

Bambinod, you sound a lot like myself for sleep habits, between my back issues and my prostatitis, I resort to diapering, it allows me at least 6-8 hours sleep a night, with more then a few wake-ups between lights out and get up'o'clock! Small price to pay for a good sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    That is a trade I would take if I had it. I'm lucky to stay asleep for more than an hour straight, I wake up many times every night and have to try to fall back asleep again. (not apnea either) I'd gladly be safely padded for a good night's rest!